Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-17-2009, 01:23 PM   #61
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
That's wonderful. Please share your config here. Then I don't have to learn how to edit the config scripts. It's much harder.
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 02:07 PM   #62
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericshliao View Post
That's wonderful. Please share your config here. Then I don't have to learn how to edit the config scripts. It's much harder.
https://inigo.katxi.org/misc/tmp/uzbl.tar.gz
untar on ~/.config

and run with:

$ XDG_DATA_HOME=~/.config/ XDG_CACHE_HOME=~/.cache/ /usr/local/bin/uzbl

or

$ XDG_DATA_HOME=~/.config/ XDG_CACHE_HOME=~/.cache/ ~/.config/uzbl/scripts/uzbl_tabbed.py

Notes:
- it uses dmenu with vertical-patch
- I use uzbl_tabbed.py instead of simple uzbl, so the keybindings are optimized for the former
- It can't substitute your usual web browser yet: no caching, slow cookies, etc.
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 02:40 PM   #63
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

RecentFiles new version

New version:

- fullscreen
- code cleaning
- add copyright info
- new icon
- new screenshot

Iņigo
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	recentfiles-ss.png
Views:	445
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	36012  
Attached Files
File Type: gz RecentFiles.tar.gz (585.7 KB, 338 views)
Old 09-17-2009, 03:32 PM   #64
hansel
JSR FFD2
hansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheese

Device: iliad
I build a new version for lgob: lgob-iliad-0.1.7.ipk (based on lgob-9.09). I checked that it is compatible with RecentFiles. I parked it here: https://dev.mobileread.com/dist/hansel/luailiad/

I didn't know about uzbl, I'll have a look... But let's discuss it in a separate thread...

Cheers,

PS: I like Lua, but didn't have much time to play with it until now. Right now I'm recovering form some (minor) surgery, so... I'll have to divide my time though... three Lua enabled devices: Iliad, my Canon camera (CHDK) and my Logitech squeezebox duet controller...
hansel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 08:13 PM   #65
Iņigo
Guru

Cool SysInfo: Show Iliad system information

One more time... another little tool.

This application shows Iliad system information:
- cpu
- memory
- battery
- uptime
- load
- disks
- processes

Better take a look at the screenshots.

Note that it needs last Hansel's lua package (lua5.1-iliad-1.6.6.ipk.gz), not mentioned in this thread. Get it from https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58486

Kind regards,
Iņigo Serna

PS: I'll be away some days, enjoy this
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	sysinfo-ss1.png
Views:	432
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	37274   Click image for larger version

Name:	sysinfo-ss2.png
Views:	436
Size:	150.5 KB
ID:	37275  
Attached Files
File Type: gz SysInfo-1.0.tar.gz (668.9 KB, 329 views)
Old 10-12-2009, 11:36 AM   #66
Iņigo
Guru

Cool Pre announce: ILiad Toolbox

Instead of having different little programs I guess it's better to have a frontend to launch them.

So this will be the look of this shell.

As far as I finish a third tool, I'll announce this in its own thread and I'll stop squatting here

EDIT: added complete package, so you can delete RecentFiles and SysInfo if you had installed before

Iņigo
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	toolbox-ss.png
Views:	421
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	37316  
Attached Files
File Type: gz Toolbox-1.0.tar.gz (673.2 KB, 351 views)

Last edited by Iņigo; 10-12-2009 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Added package
Old 10-12-2009, 11:45 AM   #67
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

I like your sysinfo utility. It's helpful.
Old 10-30-2009, 04:18 AM   #68
ericshliao
Guru

Hansel,
inspired by your MiniPad, I am trying to install lua and lgob on my Linux desktop. The part of Lua is ok, but I can't find any info about how to build, install, and use lgob. Could you show my some hints? Thanx.

Added:
It seems that I have to copy lua.pc manually and start from do ing "make" and "make install" in dir "codegen" and dir "common", and then do the same job for each dir under lgob source code package.

Added:
It's alright now. I got Lua, Lgob and MiniPad working on my Linux desktop. See the attachment.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Debian5-2009-10-30-16-48-37.png
Views:	416
Size:	123.3 KB
ID:	38292  

Last edited by ericshliao; 10-30-2009 at 04:50 AM.
Old 10-30-2009, 04:51 AM   #69
Iņigo
Guru

Quote:
Hansel,
inspired by your MiniPad, I am trying to install lua and lgob on my Linux desktop. The part of Lua is ok, but I can't find any info about how to build, install, and use lgob. Could you show my some hints? Thanx.

Added:
It seems that I have to copy lua.pc manually and start from do ing "make" and "make install" in dir "codegen" and dir "common", and then do the same job for each dir under lgob source code package.
Which OS are you using?
In my Fedora 11 it's quite easy, use OS package system to install lua and devel libraries, download lgob source tarball and then some "make" in the proper order.

The only problem I found was that I needed to specify "make AMD64=1" and then move some files after install from "/usr/lib/lua/5.1/lgob" to "/usr/lib64/lua/5.1/lgob" as I'm using a 64-bits OS.

I think there is a .exe installable for windows as well.

Best regards,
Iņigo
Old 10-30-2009, 04:53 AM   #70
ericshliao
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iņigo View Post
Which OS are you using?
Iņigo,
thanx. I got it working now. I am using Deian 5.

Added:
The best thing is that I can use Hide function of MiniPad on Linux desktop.

Last edited by ericshliao; 10-30-2009 at 05:04 AM.
Old 10-30-2009, 06:14 AM   #71
hansel
JSR FFD2
hansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Added:
The best thing is that I can use Hide function of MiniPad on Linux desktop.
The best thing is that you can experiment, develop, debug, etc on your desktop, and then just copy it to the Iliad (without compiling or anything), and just run it
Old 10-30-2009, 06:18 AM   #72
hansel
JSR FFD2

slip of the mouse...
Old 10-30-2009, 07:03 AM   #73
ericshliao
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansel View Post
that you can experiment, develop, debug, etc on your desktop, and then just copy it to the Iliad (without compiling or anything), and just run it
That's why I want to install lua and lgob on my desktop.
BTW, can we control LED and access iLiad buttons in Lua script?
Old 10-30-2009, 07:23 AM   #74
ericshliao
Guru

One question:
How to operate with GTK, GDK...function in Lua script? I know that there is a dir "examples" in lgob and I can learn a lot by imitating the examples. But, where is the manaul (not the officail GTK documentation)?

Last edited by ericshliao; 10-30-2009 at 07:28 AM.
Old 10-30-2009, 07:38 AM   #75
Iņigo
Guru

Quote:
That's why I want to install lua and lgob on my desktop.
BTW, can we control LED and access iLiad buttons in Lua script?
There is no an easy way, because they are handled by ioctl calls in C code.
Look at my "system information" app sources, specifically look for how battery information is gathered.

Well, now that hansel has writteng bindings for ioctl for lua it should be easier anyway.

In my (wet ;-) dreams, we should have a lua module for all this stuff...

Iņigo

Tags
gtk+, iliad, lgob, lua, networking, xml