Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-01-2013, 04:40 PM   #31
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by NixLapi View Post
Lurker here (and thank you ladies for all the freebie links you provide!) but here are my other sources for freebies...

http://ereaderlove.com/ and Digital Book Today (both also send daily emails)

Mixed genre, and apologies if they are full of affiliate links, I'm a Kindle newb and don't actually know what an affiliate link looks like... or how one makes money off free books?!

I've tried a few searches, both by price and using terms like "save 100%" etc. - but wow, you need a lot of time to sift through it all!
Thank you! I'm sure if there is problem a mod will correct it. Right now I am relieved to find IQ's other site and the ones posted here today. This had me worried I have to spend hours looking each day.

I have no problems with affiliates making money off ebook links on their blogs but I just don't agree with the removal of all freebies. I think separate sites are the best bet for now. Hopefully the IQ people will leave the other site up and other bloggers will open a similar site for their freebies.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:53 PM   #32
JNCalif
Enthusiast
JNCalif is clearly one to watchJNCalif is clearly one to watchJNCalif is clearly one to watchJNCalif is clearly one to watchJNCalif is clearly one to watchJNCalif is clearly one to watchJNCalif is clearly one to watchJNCalif is clearly one to watchJNCalif is clearly one to watchJNCalif is clearly one to watchJNCalif is clearly one to watch

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
If I could figure out how they search for freebies I'd be happy to do it for Romance books and post what I find. It's not like I have anything else better to do. I have no life. eReaderIQ was my main source with a few smaller blogs and now I feel so lost....
Totally agree, Blossom! If I could figure out how they were finding them, I'd be glad to help out with posting
JNCalif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:03 PM   #33
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
Historical romance free today from Amazon, courtesy of Bethany House (2004): Land of my Heart (Heirs of Montana, book 1) by Tracie Peterson. This book has almost 1,000 ratings at Goodreads averaging about 4 stars.

Quote:
Book 1 of Heirs of Montana from bestselling author Tracie Peterson. Adventurers, families, outlaws...all driven west in the 1860s by a longing for endless blue sky along with wild and wide-open spaces. Tracie Peterson, from her own Montana home, paints an unforgettable portrait of this rich, rugged landscape, populated by strong and spirited characters. When Dianne Chadwick urges her family to move west to her uncle's ranch in the Montana Territory, she has no idea that her new life in the rugged frontier--and even within her uncle's home--will not be the idyllic adventure she expects. But first she has to survive the arduous wagon journey with the help of guide Cole Selby, whose heart seems to be as hard as the mountains he loves.
I doubt that we'll have much trouble finding good freebies, working collectively.
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:16 PM   #34
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
Historical romance free for Kindle from Revell: Child of the Mist (These Highland Hills, book 1) by Kathleen Morgan.

Quote:
In the harsh Scottish highlands of 1565, superstition and treachery threaten a truce between rival clans. It's a weak truce at first, bound only by an arranged engagement between Anne MacGregor and Niall Campbell-the heirs of the feuding families.

While Niall wrestles with his suspicions about a traitor in his clan, Anne's actions do not go unnoticed. And as accusations of witchcraft abound, the strong and sometimes callous Campbell heir must fight for Anne's safety among disconcerted clan members. Meanwhile his own safety in threatened with the ever-present threat of someone who wants him dead.
Will Niall discover the traitor's identity in time? Can Anne find a way to fit into her new surroundings? Will the two learn to love each other despite the conflict? With a perfect mix of a burgeoning romance and thrilling suspense, this book is historical fiction at its best.
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:27 PM   #35
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Blossom: It looks like Daily Free Books is still posting all their freebies. I use them a lot. You can sort by genre.
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:32 PM   #36
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Re: the Christian romance freebies upthread: Baker's Revell & Bethany House imprints have a bunch of semi-permafreebie titles which have been available in most of the venues for the past month or more.

Here's some linkage to the B&N, Amazon, and Christian Books pages for the freebies so you can see them all grouped on one page to check if you already have them or not: Baker Publishing Group @ B&N (includes some old public domain freebies I couldn't get rid of, but the important stuff is on the first page), Bethany House @ Amazon, Revell @ Amazon, Christian Book's general freebie e-book page, whose offerings now must all be read via their proprietary app.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:40 PM   #37
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
Re: the Christian romance freebies upthread: Baker's Revell & Bethany House imprints have a bunch of semi-permafreebie titles which have been available in most of the venues for the past month or more.

Here's some linkage to the B&N, Amazon, and Christian Books pages for the freebies so you can see them all grouped on one page to check if you already have them or not: Baker Publishing Group @ B&N (includes some old public domain freebies I couldn't get rid of, but the important stuff is on the first page), Bethany House @ Amazon, Revell @ Amazon, Christian Book's general freebie e-book page, whose offerings now must all be read via their proprietary app.
So much for the links! Ive bookmarked them.
Old 03-01-2013, 06:41 PM   #38
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBird View Post
Blossom: It looks like Daily Free Books is still posting all their freebies. I use them a lot. You can sort by genre.
I think we are going to be okay on freebies.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:01 PM   #39
Deljah
Connoisseur
Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Android tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
If anyone knows of blogs that still list freebies can you PM me the links? I've pretty much lost all my sources other than Facebook.
Here is a website: http://www.freebooksifter.com/

You can then select what genre you like -romance is a big one - and sort by number of reviews or ratings.
Deljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:26 PM   #40
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I didn't have time to read all the replies, but these are the links I use to check freebies, sorry if some have already been posted. The first 3 are my favorite and 'go to daily' sites. I hope I'm not breaking any rules for posting, I have no affiliation with any of these sites, just posting the ones I use the most and trying to be helpful.

Amazon, top 100 bestsellers and freebies, updated hourly:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers...d_dp_ts_kinc_1

This one is great because you can sort by date added/genre etc:
http://www.freereadfeed.com/

This one is also really good for sorting by genre, even format, etc.
http://www.ereaderperks.com/

This one gets updated sometimes twice a day, good for a few freebies and hot deals daily
http://www.pixelofink.com/

This one just gives a few daily, usually a freebie and couple of hot deals:
http://www.acheapromance.com/

This is just for kobo, and doesn't get updated daily, but I have gotten a few great freebies/deals occasionally:
http://epubdeals.com/
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:56 PM   #41
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
I use booksliced.com for free reads. It's fairly complete, although today I noticed that they didn't catch The Taken by Vicki Pettersson or Double Down by Katie Porter.

It's sorted by genre, and then by subgenres, but I've noticed that sometimes it's a bit funky. For example, a book will show up in a subcategory, like urban fantasy, which is part of Science Fiction and Fantasy, but then it won't show up in the main category. Also, there are so many subcategories for romance that it's easier to just review them all rather than trying to filter by subcategory.

I'll have to check out some of the other sites people have listed (Thanks all!) now that we've lost our main sources.
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:08 PM   #42
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
Forgot to add that booksliced.com lists all books that have had a price drop, not just new freebies (although you can filter for free only), so sometimes you have to wade through a bunch of books that have dropped by $0.50 or $1.00. However, it's very useful for finding books that have just had a big discount, from $7.99 to $2.99 for example. Also, books are listed from newest to oldest so if you check it daily, there aren't that many pages to go through.
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:33 PM   #43
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by worktolive View Post
I use booksliced.com for free reads. It's fairly complete, although today I noticed that they didn't catch The Taken by Vicki Pettersson or Double Down by Katie Porter.
This one is new to me, and I like it! Thanks for posting!
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:52 PM   #44
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Free via iTunes (may or may not be price-matched elsewhere in certain regions which are not Canada), some established author romance self-pubs:

Barbara Freethy's newly written contemporary A Secret Wish

Formerly Five Star-published Karen Fenech's "not erotic romantic suspense": Imposter (Protector series #1)

Formerly Five Star-published Aris Whittier's supernatural romantic suspense: Secrets

Currently Hachette-published Kate Perry's contemporary: Close to You

Bonus francophone Harlequin freebies (may not be available outside of French-speaking iTunes countries):

L'héritière en fuite (The Fleeing Heiress) by Maisey Yates, a contemporary involving sheikhs and princes, which is a prologue to The Crown of Santina The Life She Left Behind turns out to be the original anglophone title, which was an official HQN English-language freebie last year, IIRC

L'héritage des Kincaid (The Kincaid Heritage) by Day Leclaire, e-book exclusive prologue to I can't actually tell if it's a contemporary or an historical from the really vague blurb and the thing this is a prequel to (Jack's Vengeance, more or less) isn't bringing forth search results in the iTunes store, but it's giving me some kind of historical Western vibe, probably since it makes some fuss about the hero being a bastard (of the parents-not-married, not the mistook his @$$ for a hat, type), which no one cares about these days, at least not in Canada
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:20 AM   #45
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
From Samhain
Double Down (Vegas Top Guns #1) by Katie Porter Kindle | Nook | Samhain (should be free here soon)
It is now, I just downloaded it.
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote