Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-03-2013, 05:07 PM   #1021
Dworkyll
Dworkyll knows the square root of minus one.Dworkyll knows the square root of minus one.Dworkyll knows the square root of minus one.Dworkyll knows the square root of minus one.Dworkyll knows the square root of minus one.Dworkyll knows the square root of minus one.Dworkyll knows the square root of minus one.Dworkyll knows the square root of minus one.Dworkyll knows the square root of minus one.Dworkyll knows the square root of minus one.Dworkyll knows the square root of minus one.

Device: iPaq 214, HanLin V5, K3W, K4, KPW, iPad3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
OK..., second attempt at the margins patch for the Paperwhite, which hopefully fixes all of the previous issues. Download now available again at the original post.
You are awesome. I got this second release of the patch, and it is really amazing.
Dworkyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:32 PM   #1022
ivar
ivar holds these truths to be self-evident.ivar holds these truths to be self-evident.ivar holds these truths to be self-evident.ivar holds these truths to be self-evident.ivar holds these truths to be self-evident.ivar holds these truths to be self-evident.ivar holds these truths to be self-evident.ivar holds these truths to be self-evident.ivar holds these truths to be self-evident.ivar holds these truths to be self-evident.ivar holds these truths to be self-evident.

Device: kindle touch, pw
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Go back to the first post and install the newest JBPatch for the KT. Version 3 is the up to date version.

Update: Sorry for the short answer. What I meant to say is, it would really help if you try the latest version and see if your problem is fixed. 3.0.0 adds no functionality, that is correct. But it still had changes under the hood. A minor change under the hood can have a major impact. If you want to help find the problem, then see if the books you had problems with work under 3.0.0 - if they don't, then there IS something wrong with JBPatch and it should be fixed.
Thank you
Cant right now try it.
I just wanted point only, that with different books your reader may act differently.
ivar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:00 PM   #1023
jscris
Addict
jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: k1 - KAO2, ipads, h2o, KA1, inkBOOK, T80s, Mars, Nova Pro
Thank you so much, Ixtab! Margins work great! Beer sent.
jscris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:23 PM   #1024
SampleAndy
Addict
SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KFire HD, KFire, KTD 3g, KT, K4B, K4S, K3g, K3g SO, K2, K1
Well, THAT was an interesting 3 days' read, even if 2/3 of it was over my head.

Beer sent; since I don't remember where the other link was, I'll leave it up to you to make it beer for books.

One of the things I think I saw mentioned was changing the hotspots on the KT, menu at the top, bookmark at top right, page back on the left, everywhere else is page forward. Is this behavior something that can be changed or is it part of the core code? It'd be great for the users who are left handed, or if you just want to read with your other hand for a while.

One way or another, thanks, ixtab, for all your hard work! Don't forget about us KT users now that you've made it to the PW crowd!

Last edited by SampleAndy; 01-03-2013 at 07:27 PM. Reason: changing to forum recognized emoticons
SampleAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:27 AM   #1025
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SampleAndy View Post
Well, THAT was an interesting 3 days' read, even if 2/3 of it was over my head.

Beer sent; since I don't remember where the other link was, I'll leave it up to you to make it beer for books.

One of the things I think I saw mentioned was changing the hotspots on the KT, menu at the top, bookmark at top right, page back on the left, everywhere else is page forward. Is this behavior something that can be changed or is it part of the core code? It'd be great for the users who are left handed, or if you just want to read with your other hand for a while.

One way or another, thanks, ixtab, for all your hard work! Don't forget about us KT users now that you've made it to the PW crowd!
If you are willing to swipe, you can swipe backwards and forwards anywhere on the screen - even where a tap normally opens the menu.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:51 AM   #1026
xbingo
xbingo began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Thanks for the great margin patch!
Now, when I change "Footer Height" to 0, the inforamtion bar is hidden as expected.
But I want it show up sometimes.
Maybe the information bar can show up together with the menu bar, when I tap on the screen top.
Is it possible? Or is it very trouble?
xbingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:04 AM   #1027
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbingo View Post
Thanks for the great margin patch!
Now, when I change "Footer Height" to 0, the inforamtion bar is hidden as expected.
But I want it show up sometimes.
Maybe the information bar can show up together with the menu bar, when I tap on the screen top.
Is it possible? Or is it very trouble?
That's unfortunately not possible - it would require to mess with much too much code, which even needs to be found and identified in the first place. If the code could be decompiled and understood, maybe. The way the code is right now, that's only a task for hardcore masochists. As you may have read between the lines (or maybe even in the lines ) of some of my previous posts, this is a complete PITA on the Paperwhite.
There's a reason why even finding the fix for the reader resetting the margins to some minimums took about 8 hours of work.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:27 PM   #1028
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

[KPW] upcoming: dictionaries patch

Hehe... yes, I know, it's only a teaser for now, but I also know that this will have at least one "happy camper" waiting for more - n'est-ce pas, veezh?

I almost finished porting the "Enhance Dictionary Lookup" patch to the Paperwhite.

Click image for larger version

Name:	kpw_dict_beta1.png
Views:	362
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	98771Click image for larger version

Name:	kpw_dict_beta2.png
Views:	387
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	98772

"Almost finished" means that it's already working, but it looks ugly right now - see the screenshots. I'll still have to fix that, and I have to clean up the code, which is full of debugging instructions at the moment. But yeah, this patch - which I also consider to be one of the more useful patches - should be available soon for the Paperwhite.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:23 PM   #1029
veezh
plus ça change
veezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kindle PW2, Voyage
Quote:
Hehe... yes, I know, it's only a teaser for now, but I also know that this will have at least one "happy camper" waiting for more - n'est-ce pas, veezh?
C'est trop génial !! I thought maybe you'd given up (je plaisante ). Can't wait to try this, ixtab. Thank you so much!!
veezh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:50 PM   #1030
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
But yeah, this patch - which I also consider to be one of the more useful patches - should be available soon for the Paperwhite.
Very nice. Looking forward to use that. Since I only do english any more, it would really be cool to get a en->de dictionary from somewhere, so I can dual dictionary for the rare occasion of seeing it translated rather than explained.

DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:53 PM   #1031
ixtab
(offline)

[KPW] dictionaries patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by veezh View Post
C'est trop génial !! I thought maybe you'd given up (je plaisante ). Can't wait to try this, ixtab. Thank you so much!!
Le voilà.

This patch works both on the Paperwhite, and on the Touch. Note that the button style and placement on the Touch has been slightly changed, to be consistent with the Paperwhite one.

Install as usual, I'm not going to endlessly repeat the instructions

Enjoy!

EDIT: Attachment removed. This patch is bundled with JBPatch 3.1.0.

Last edited by ixtab; 01-06-2013 at 05:27 PM.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:58 PM   #1032
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.
I'll be back. Superhuman awesomeness
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:25 AM   #1033
veezh
plus ça change
veezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kindle PW2, Voyage
Terrific, ixtab! You rock as always.

I love the new layout, too. Canon !! Super happy to have full dictionary support on the PW.
veezh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:06 AM   #1034
ivar
ivar holds these truths to be self-evident.ivar holds these truths to be self-evident.ivar holds these truths to be self-evident.ivar holds these truths to be self-evident.ivar holds these truths to be self-evident.ivar holds these truths to be self-evident.ivar holds these truths to be self-evident.ivar holds these truths to be self-evident.ivar holds these truths to be self-evident.ivar holds these truths to be self-evident.ivar holds these truths to be self-evident.

Device: kindle touch, pw
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Go back to the first post and install the newest JBPatch for the KT. Version 3 is the up to date version.

Update: Sorry for the short answer. What I meant to say is, it would really help if you try the latest version and see if your problem is fixed. 3.0.0 adds no functionality, that is correct. But it still had changes under the hood. A minor change under the hood can have a major impact. If you want to help find the problem, then see if the books you had problems with work under 3.0.0 - if they don't, then there IS something wrong with JBPatch and it should be fixed.
Thanks jet one time
Somtimes so obvious things help
But changing values there are little tricky. Like I understand, if you modify with kindle, you dont modify file, what resides on USB, but when (re)starting reader (framework), values are readed from file what resides on USB

Sorry, my bad english
ivar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:52 AM   #1035
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivar View Post
Thanks jet one time
Somtimes so obvious things help
But changing values there are little tricky. Like I understand, if you modify with kindle, you dont modify file, what resides on USB, but when (re)starting reader (framework), values are readed from file what resides on USB

Sorry, my bad english
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/JBPa..._Documentation

Tags
jbpatch, kindle touch hacks