Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-20-2012, 01:58 PM   #16
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Cool. I got Ann Patchett's The Magician's Assistant and John Harvey's Charlie Resnick short story compliation Now's The Time. Also bought The Good Thief's Guide to Amsterdam (which is not couponable, but on sale) to give Kobo some of my business. Earlier I used the 75% off codes on Anne Holt's 1222 and Jo Nesbo's Oslo Trilogy and treated myself to a full priced Jeffrey Deaver I've been wanting. I'll poke around later for something to use the 50% codes on.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 02:21 PM   #17
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post
Earlier I used the 75% off codes on... Jo Nesbo's Oslo Trilogy
Thanks for pointing this one out! I used the 90% coupon code - what a great deal!
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 02:22 PM   #18
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I picked up two Cherry Ames books with the 90%-off codes--$1.32 apiece! Now I need only two more to complete my digital set, but for some reason Kobo doesn't carry those two titles. I'm going to wait till tomorrow to use the 75% codes, so as not to upset the credit card company with multiple purchases.

Am I the only one who had problems with purchasing? I kept getting a message that the purchase could not be completed. But then when I tried to start over, I found that the book was listed in my library. (Luckily, I only got charged once.) I also had problems downloading--I couldn't. I finally went to another computer that doesn't have ADE and was able to get the acsm file and transfer it to ADE.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 02:22 PM   #19
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
I had trouble finding a book in ePub. All the ones I wanted were PDF.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 02:40 PM   #20
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I picked up two Cherry Ames books with the 90%-off codes--$1.32 apiece! Now I need only two more to complete my digital set, but for some reason Kobo doesn't carry those two titles. I'm going to wait till tomorrow to use the 75% codes, so as not to upset the credit card company with multiple purchases.

Am I the only one who had problems with purchasing? I kept getting a message that the purchase could not be completed. But then when I tried to start over, I found that the book was listed in my library. (Luckily, I only got charged once.) I also had problems downloading--I couldn't. I finally went to another computer that doesn't have ADE and was able to get the acsm file and transfer it to ADE.
The Something went wrong error is common and has been for months. Ignore it. You will find the books added to your library.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 02:42 PM   #21
bob123
Addict
bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBird View Post
Codes welcome90ca and welcome90us. Unknown expiration dates. Each coupon good for one use.
Where did you find them?
bob123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 02:48 PM   #22
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Codes welcome90ca and welcome90us. Unknown expiration dates. Each coupon good for one use.

I used the opportunity to buy some of those pricy Inspirational novels which had been on my wishlist for a very long time.

Spoiler:
90% off
Tall, Dark, and Determined By Kelly Eileen Hake $1.03 ($9.39)
Montana Marriages Trilogy By Mary Connealy $1.24 ($12.39)

75% off
Calico Canyon By Mary Connealy $2.32 ($8.49)
Nightshade By Ronie Kendig $2.57 ($9.39)

Old 04-20-2012, 02:57 PM   #23
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
I used them on some Severn House-published mysteries that are normally too pricey for me. Other good couponable publishers if you like mysteries (mostly UK or non-US mysteries) would include Soho/Soho Crime, Constable, and Robinson.

Thanks, NightBird!
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 02:57 PM   #24
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob123 View Post
Where did you find them?
After seeing the welcome75ca and us and welcome50ca and us I tried all different numbers to see which would work; 90 was the only one.

I got 2 Charlotte Armstrong books with the 90% off code ($10.09 regular Kobo price).

I only got that "could not complete" message on the last book I bought, waited a couple of minutes and clicked on it again and it went through.
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:05 PM   #25
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
After seeing the welcome75ca and us and welcome50ca and us I tried all different numbers to see which would work; 90 was the only one.

I got 2 Charlotte Armstrong books with the 90% off code ($10.09 regular Kobo price).

I only got that "could not complete" message on the last book I bought, waited a couple of minutes and clicked on it again and it went through.
You need to check your Card you was probably charged twice. That error isn't real it's just a bad redirect that happens.
Old 04-20-2012, 03:05 PM   #26
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
The Something went wrong error is common and has been for months. Ignore it. You will find the books added to your library.
I just now found another book that I decided I needed to grab for 75% off, and I had no problems at all--purchase went right through, download was no problem.

I got Sessions with Sinatra by Charles L. Granata for only $2.67. This is a book I'm planning on buying in paper, but I'm happy to have a digital copy if only for the discography, so I can easily create a checklist.

For people who are looking for non-Agency, try Open Road titles. They have an excellent selection. You can just type "open road" in the search box, or go to their Web site first to poke around.

P.S. Nightbird, when I had trouble with the earlier books, I clicked on Buy at least three times, but I only got charged once.

Last edited by Catlady; 04-20-2012 at 03:11 PM. Reason: P.S. added
Old 04-20-2012, 03:14 PM   #27
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
For folks looking for non-agency pubs (probably different outside the US) I posted a list of a bunch of them here...

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=698
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:34 PM   #28
birdbrainbb
Addict
birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Paperwhite 5
Thanks for letting us know about this! I ended up getting Garth Nix's first Keys to the Kingdom book for $0.66 and the second book in a mystery series I like for $0.70. I may cave and see if I can find something good to use the 75% off coupon, too.
birdbrainbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:47 PM   #29
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Thanks, Blossom and Catlady. I just checked and they only charged me once.
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:56 PM   #30
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer

Are you guys aware of the other thread on Kobo? welcome10us gives $10 off a book over that price--that's ten dollars, not ten percent. I just used it to get Alfred Hitchcock and the Making of Psycho for nine cents.

I'm guessing that welcome10ca will work as well, but haven't tried that--my credit card company fraud unit has already called me about all the tiny charges!

P.S. In the other thread they say welcome5us and welcome5ca are both good for $5 off.

Last edited by Catlady; 04-20-2012 at 04:01 PM. Reason: P.S. added