Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 01-27-2011, 10:03 AM   #16
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
That seems to indicate that ebook-convert is somehow unhappy with its options. I assume the window behind the ebook-convert is the batch file output? Could you post that, please? (A hint: In a console window, right click on the title bar, select edit. There should be an option allowing you to select text. Copy it by right clicking on the selected text, the highlight should then disappear.)

Edit: My bad, never mind. Just tried the batch I posted myself. I made two rather embarassing typos. Try this:
Code:
for %%i in (*.pdf) do start /wait ebook-convert "%%i" "%%i.epub"
I'm sorry, I should have tried it before posting.

Edit 2: Also note that this will still not handle DOC/DOCX in any way.

Last edited by Manichean; 01-27-2011 at 10:21 AM.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 10:38 AM   #17
kombinerka
kombinerka doesn't litterkombinerka doesn't litter

Device: none
thank you ill try it asap and for the doc/docx ill try too use Dwanthnys method
kombinerka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:18 AM   #18
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by kombinerka View Post
unfortunately about a 1/3 of them (more than 1thousand files total) is in .pdf format the rest is in .doc/.docx

and thanks for the links helps a lot
to convert DOC (might work for DOCX),
Open Office with the writer2EPUB plugin (2 forums down ) doe well.
I don't think there is a 'batch mode'. The nice thing about 'interactive' is you get to tweak each document as needed and not waste time converting to garbage.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:23 AM   #19
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
to convert DOC (might work for DOCX),
Open Office with the writer2EPUB plugin (2 forums down ) doe well.
I don't think there is a 'batch mode'. The nice thing about 'interactive' is you get to tweak each document as needed and not waste time converting to garbage.
The bad thing about "interactive" is that he asked for a automated solution to implement on a server using a batch file.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:32 AM   #20
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
The bad thing about "interactive" is that he asked for a automated solution to implement on a server using a batch file.
I did acknowledge his request for 'batch mode'
I would suggest the O/P drop the 'batch question at the https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=230

I still believe GIGO will be an issue
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 04:09 AM   #21
kombinerka
kombinerka doesn't litterkombinerka doesn't litter

Device: none
I'd like to thank everyone that helped in this thread!
Everything works fine now and is automated to convert automatically.

those were the scripts I used(.doc/.docx):
Quote:
for %%I in (*.doc) do "C:\Program Files\AbiWord\bin\AbiWord.exe" --to=html "%%I"
for %%I in (*.docx) do "C:\Program Files\AbiWord\bin\AbiWord.exe" --to=html "%%I"
for %%I in (*.html) do "C:\Program Files\Calibre2\ebook-convert.exe" "%%I" "%%~nI.epub"
and for the pdf2epub:
Quote:
for %%i in (*.pdf) do start /wait ebook-convert "%%i" "%%i.epub"
Thanks again and regards

Konrad T.
kombinerka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 04:17 AM   #22
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kombinerka View Post
I'd like to thank everyone that helped in this thread!
You're welcome, thanks for sharing your final solutions.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 04:25 AM   #23
Manichean
Wizard

You're welcome. Glad it worked.

Tags
calibre pdf epub