Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-20-2010, 12:07 AM   #1
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
title_sort in metadata edit dialogue

My OCD is biting me. In the new title_sort window in the metadata edit dialogue center, my titles that start with A and The now automatically default to "Client, The" rather than "The Client". If I change it to "The Client" the box turns red to indicate that it doesn't match the title_sort. And I really don't want to go through however many books in my library that start with A or The and redo them manually...

I've changed the tweaks for both library sort and send to device to 'strictly_alphabetic" but that made no change in the metadata dialogue center. Is there a way to get calibre to let me sort strictly alphabetically there?

I'm running version 7.34. Any help appreciated... I know it's a nitpicky thing.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 12:17 AM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
HarryT had the same question and got a response in this thread to use Tweaks in the Preferences (other than that I don't know ).
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 12:21 AM   #3
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
HarryT had the same question and got a response in this thread to use Tweaks in the Preferences (other than that I don't know ).
Yes, I've reset both Tweaks to use "strictly_alphabetic" Daffy. This is something a bit different. In the last version (or maybe the one before that?) in the edit metadata dialogue box, there is a new setting for "title_sort" (matches the one for author_sort). That is the one I'm referring to. It doesn't change with either of the tweaks.
Old 12-20-2010, 12:23 AM   #4
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Sorry, I'll wait and learn from whomever can answer your question.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 12:25 AM   #5
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Sorry, I'll wait and learn from whomever can answer your question.
LOL, no worries, hon. This one is probably something easy, but it's got me stumped. I did find one reference to it with a search, but it went completely over my head.
Old 12-20-2010, 03:21 AM   #6
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
My OCD is biting me. In the new title_sort window in the metadata edit dialogue center, my titles that start with A and The now automatically default to "Client, The" rather than "The Client". If I change it to "The Client" the box turns red to indicate that it doesn't match the title_sort. And I really don't want to go through however many books in my library that start with A or The and redo them manually...

I've changed the tweaks for both library sort and send to device to 'strictly_alphabetic" but that made no change in the metadata dialogue center. Is there a way to get calibre to let me sort strictly alphabetically there?

I'm running version 7.34. Any help appreciated... I know it's a nitpicky thing.
Well, yet again, mea culpa. My intention was that the box respect the various tweaks. Unfortunately, I didn't look at the function that does title sort, instead remembering incorrectly that it respected the tweak, but that isn't where it happens.

I will fix it.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 01:35 PM   #7
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Well, yet again, mea culpa. My intention was that the box respect the various tweaks. Unfortunately, I didn't look at the function that does title sort, instead remembering incorrectly that it respected the tweak, but that isn't where it happens.

I will fix it.
Thank you Charles... you're a sweetheart and we appreciate you
Old 12-20-2010, 01:41 PM   #8
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel

Ooooops duplicate....
Old 12-21-2010, 08:47 AM   #9
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I have submitted the fix to Kovid. It should be in the next release.

The same fix corrects a problem with the tags pane. Up to now, series in the tags pane were sorted by stripping articles (library_order), even if the tweak was set. It now respects the tweak, as do two other more obscure places.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 12:39 AM   #10
Sabardeyn
Guru
Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre), Nexus 7 2013 (Moon+ Pro), HTC HD2/Leo (Freda)
Thanks Phenomshel for questioning this behavior which, just like in your circumstances, is driving me up a wall, across the ceiling, down the other side and then a couple of donuts in front of the computer until my eyes can't tell which way is which from all of that "spin cycle" - before doing all again!

Chaley, once again, I bow to your programming skills. (Except I've forgotten the command and either FF4.0b8 or an add-on doesn't wanna gimme da window! So just imagine kowtowing!)
Sabardeyn is offline   Reply With Quote