Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-15-2006, 01:35 PM   #16
jęd
Evangelist
jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokos
# You can switch with ch command between levels of directories...
Or perhaps using "cd"...?
jęd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 09:40 PM   #17
arivero
Guru
arivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it is

Device: NCR3125, Nokia 770,...
Console apps?

Could people report on working console apps? Someone had already a version of fritz working in console mode, I believe. Zork in a real ebook :-)

Also someone got to run a console-based mp3 player time ago. Here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...13&postcount=2

Last edited by arivero; 11-15-2006 at 09:48 PM.
arivero is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2006, 06:26 AM   #18
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
Quote:
Originally Posted by arivero
Also someone got to run a console-based mp3 player time ago. Here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...13&postcount=2
Thank you, arivero. I wanted to search for this thread today.

@ jęd,thanks for "ch". Sometimes I'm so blind!
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 07:00 AM   #19
arivero
Guru
arivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it is

Quote:
Thank you, arivero. I wanted to search for this thread today.

@ jęd,thanks for "ch". Sometimes I'm so blind!
By the way, I am afraid that Kristoffer, the guy that reported this mp3 thing, is bound by some stronger confidentiality agreement; we have not got news from him since the 2.5 update, and his last report was that, strangely, the update he had was not using the new ipdf (he could be wrong in that report, of course). Actually some people could have been misled into 2.5 because of that report.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:35 AM   #20
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
OH MY GOD, this is awesome.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2006, 01:06 PM   #21
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
The .2 version comes with an icon and "hides" everything in ContentLister.

Basically it has a PNG and a manifest.xml added to the .1 package.

Enjoy.
Attached Files
File Type: zip mrxvt_iliad_0.2.zip (102.4 KB, 1885 views)
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 01:39 PM   #22
El Chupacabra
Enthusiast
El Chupacabra began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad / Nokia 6630
Wow Scotty, I never imagined myself handwriting on a shell. This rocks!
El Chupacabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 02:10 PM   #23
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
Wait until you hand write an email.

Of course the novelty wears off and then a bluetooth keyboard looks real attractive...

Enjoy, and remember: be careful with what you write into that command shell.
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 05:31 AM   #24
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

With
Code:
vi filename
you can start the text editor vi to edit the file filename.
I have a problem: Typing a I start the text mode Insert. But I have no way to get back to command mode, because keyboard has no Esc key. Does anybody know a way back to command mode?
Old 11-20-2006, 05:50 AM   #25
jęd
Evangelist
jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Does anybody know a way back to command mode?
Ctrl-C...?
jęd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 06:09 AM   #26
mtas
Enthusiast
mtas doesn't littermtas doesn't litter

Device: iLiad
Well, instead if ESC you can use Ctrl-[ but since there are no Ctrl "key" on the virtual keyboard....

You can of course use sed for editing and create new files as "here" documents.

BTW, has anybody else noted that the mrxvt window doesn't get correctly updated? I noticed this while doing a substitution in vi.
mtas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 06:12 AM   #27
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jęd
Ctrl-C...?
I started vi with mrxvt on iLiad. [No Esc or Ctrl on "software" keyboard]

@ mtas. thanks so far

Last edited by yokos; 11-20-2006 at 06:14 AM.
Old 11-20-2006, 07:09 AM   #28
arivero
Guru

I think is is posible to disable the enhanced keyboard and go back to the old one, but that is mayor surgery. Could be better to find a way to define a pen-stroke for the scape.

Also, xmodmap should work
Old 11-23-2006, 01:59 PM   #29
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Scotty, could you do a little update on the terminal, so the screen gets updated when you move the scrollbar? If possible.

Thanks
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 04:51 PM   #30
henkvdg
Groupie
henkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of it

Device: IREX iLiad, Pocketbook Pro 903
Update the screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribble
Scotty, could you do a little update on the terminal, so the screen gets updated when you move the scrollbar? If possible.

Thanks
I change from keyboard to writepad (and back) to force a screen update.

(Another way would be for the software to monitor if something has changed and then force the update.)
henkvdg is offline   Reply With Quote