Old 03-05-2021, 09:59 AM   #1
Bob Doyle
Bob Doyle began at the beginning.

Device: All
Edit Book files saved but not back in Calibre Mobi AZW3

I uploaded my PDF to Calibre.
I generated AZW3 and Mobi.

I then went to Edit Book from Calibre

I made many changes in Book Edit files, part0000.html, part0001.html, etc. I saved many times in Edit Book.

Back in Calibre, the files have not changed. Mobi, AZW3 are still the original versions.

How do I update my Calibre versions?

Also, when I try to upload files to Amazon KDP, they let me upload Mobi, but I cannot select ASW3 for upload?

Thanks in advance.
Bob
Bob Doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 05:56 PM   #2
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Doyle View Post
I made many changes in Book Edit files, part0000.html, part0001.html, etc. I saved many times in Edit Book.

Back in Calibre, the files have not changed. Mobi, AZW3 are still the original versions.

How do I update my Calibre versions?
Edit Book edits a single format. You should have been able to see which one was used inside the editor.

The changes will not propagate to other formats. You can use Convert Books to convert from the edited format to others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Doyle View Post
Also, when I try to upload files to Amazon KDP, they let me upload Mobi, but I cannot select ASW3 for upload?
A MOBI produced by calibre lacks internal data needed for a properly published Kindle e-book. Do not publish using that. Instead convert to EPUB, do your edits in that format, and use it to publish. You can see how the EPUB will convert and appear on Kindle devices using Amazon's Kindle Previewer.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert