Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 07-14-2018, 02:36 PM   #4696
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, K Keyboard, HDX, KBasic 4, 5, 7 & 8, Nook ST, Glo, HD+, Echos
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Yup. Thank goodness for libraries!
Libraries don't really fulfill my reading needs as they don't stock much in ebook/audiobook in science fiction or fantasy. I do read crime/mystery and they do fairly good on that mostly because the librarians read the same stuff. (I can't read paper books).

Paul, I sympathize. My late sister was a big reader and she also could not read in a car without getting queasy.
Tarana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 07:48 PM   #4697
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Aura H2O, Aura HD, Nexus 7 HD, iPad Air, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
Can I interest you in a self-driving car?
Near as I understand the discussions the politicians in this area have had about autonomous cars, the driver is going to be required to be paying attention and ready to override if needed when/if they are allowed on the local roads.

OTOH, we still don't have Uber/Lyft/whomever due to political issues with the taxi companies, security issues around criminal record checks and potential human rights issues. I find myself agreeing that Uber/Lyft/whomever are going to follow the same rules as the taxi companies. So full criminal record checks, compliance with human rights legislation, etc. which at the moment seem to be issues for Uber at least.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 01:02 AM   #4698
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo H2O, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
LOL If i stopped buying books I can read non stop with what I already have probably for 3 years
Oh, I'd be good for at least a decade. Easily. If the power went out and I lost access to my ebooks, I could probably get a year out of just the dead ents piled up at the foot of my bed.

(counts, multiplies, estimates...)

Okay, maybe eight or nine months before I'd get into the boxes under the main stacks. The boxes would probably take up the rest of the year, but that's harder to estimate; there are several hardbacks in those. At any rate, food would become an issue long before then.
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote