Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 07-03-2018, 06:43 AM   #1
MysteryMan2
MysteryMan2 began at the beginning.

Device: ASUS TF101
Can Cool Reader sync between 2 devices?

Sorry, but, suspect this is a very basic question!

I have been using Cool Reader (with Calibre Companion) for a while now and mainly use on Samsung tablet to read books.

Occasionally, I will want to use my Samsung phone, picking up where I was reading and then switching back to tablet later.

At the moment, I do this is a very manual way......all books loaded on both devices and searching for a bit of text to find current reading position.

I am sure that I can do this much more smoothly by storing books on Dropbox and using an app to access from there and keep track of reading position.

I cannot see any settings in Cool Reader to do this - can someone confirm whether this is a non-starter or not, please?

Assuming Cool Reader is out (shame, as I like it!) then can someone suggest an app I can use instead? - nothing fancy, just keeping track of reading position on 2 Android devices!

MysteryMan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 10:24 AM   #2
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryMan2 View Post
Sorry, but, suspect this is a very basic question!

I have been using Cool Reader (with Calibre Companion) for a while now and mainly use on Samsung tablet to read books.

Occasionally, I will want to use my Samsung phone, picking up where I was reading and then switching back to tablet later.

At the moment, I do this is a very manual way......all books loaded on both devices and searching for a bit of text to find current reading position.

I am sure that I can do this much more smoothly by storing books on Dropbox and using an app to access from there and keep track of reading position.

I cannot see any settings in Cool Reader to do this - can someone confirm whether this is a non-starter or not, please?

Assuming Cool Reader is out (shame, as I like it!) then can someone suggest an app I can use instead? - nothing fancy, just keeping track of reading position on 2 Android devices!

Try koreader it has been built on the base of coolreader/crengine. It does have a position sync system but I have never tried it. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=240617
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 03:12 PM   #3
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
I haven't done it Android to Android, but it works fine from Kobo to Android. You can even use the z-sync function in KOReader to add the book you are reading to the other device you want to continue to read it on.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 06:36 AM   #4
MysteryMan2
MysteryMan2 began at the beginning.

Device: ASUS TF101
Thanks. I will check out KOReader
MysteryMan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 02:10 AM   #5
jxlab
jxlab began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Tab S2
If ePub only, Reasily EPUB Reader can store bookmarks in Google Drive and sync them between devices. Automatic sync is pro function but manual sync is free.
How I do it: After reading finished, select the last word or click the paragraph and bookmark it, click sync now in the menu, then sync on another device, the bookmark appears.
jxlab is offline   Reply With Quote