Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-11-2015, 05:13 PM   #1
cry8wolf9
cry8wolf9 began at the beginning.

Device: galaxy note 2
Exporting to dropbox or google drive

First I want to say I'm not asking about changing the file structure on how the books are saved I did see that.

Now my question is, is there a way to automatically save to device (being the google drive or dropbox) when a new book is added? I currently have my library saved in my Dropbox folder but I'd rather be able to search by book name not author.
cry8wolf9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 08:33 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry8wolf9 View Post
Now my question is, is there a way to automatically save to device (being the google drive or dropbox) when a new book is added? I currently have my library saved in my Dropbox folder but I'd rather be able to search by book name not author.
@cry8wolf9 - not that I know of.

Maybe you could use a 'live synch' tool to do a one way mirror. I'm thinking of something like Free File Sync's Real Time Synch feature, or GoodSync's On File Change; maybe IOS Time Machine if it will interop with Dropbox, Google drive etc

I don't understand the 'relationship' between 'auto send to dropbox on add' and searching, by title, author etc. Calibres search operates on its database not on the content of the author/book folders.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2015, 09:32 PM   #3
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Searching on Dropbox (I assume from other devices/locations) should be able to find the subdirectories by book title. Scrolling through the list is not going to work, of course...

calibre has no way to auto-save-to-disk. You might be able to rig something with [GUI Plugin] Reading List and connect-to-folder, though.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote