Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-18-2018, 04:36 PM   #32686
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
I saw this on the BBC this morning and freaked OUT! That is so totally awesome. The guy deserves every dime he gets from this!
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 05:14 PM   #32687
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
I saw that video, too.

In at least one instance the thief apparently brought the stolen package home. I hope the GPS data was handed over to the police and the thief was prosecuted.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2018, 01:48 AM   #32688
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Packaging, Greek razors, and Chicago pots.

Been using a particular brand and model of disposable razors for years. I typically got a weeks usage from each razor. I buy them in packs of a dozen which lasts me for 2-3 months.

This morning I needed to open a new packet, the supposedly rip off polycarbonate film lid was stuck to the container with what must have been epoxy resin glue so I had to get a pair of shears to cut it off. Once I'd done that I discovered the razors were about as sharp as wooden table's leg (I tried two), I threw both away after I finished shaving.

Then I looked at the old and new packaging.

The old packaging had "Made in China using USA steel blades". I had noticed that before, I attributed the source of the steel to the consistent sharpness. The new packaging had "Made in Greece" with no indication of the source of the blades.

I have a deal of respect for the quality of US steel. I inherited some Made in USA stainless steel cookware from my mother, very easy to maintain and they've kept their sheen. They are about 75 years old. Not having much truck for new fangled gadgets, I use them daily.

They were a belated wedding present from Mum's brother, who was a PoW in Changi, Burma railway, and eventually Japan. After he was liberated he spent several months in an Illinois rehab centre before returning to the UK. It was there that he learnt his sister had married, I don't know how he came by the pots and pans - probably the kindness of strangers. They were made in Chicago. I've promised them to his grand daughter who lives in Hamilton Ontario - so they'll be the pots and pans that travelled around the world in 80 years or thereabouts.

Lesson learnt: don't buy Greek blunt as a spoon disposable razors, get the ones the Chinese make with good ol' USA steel blades instead - if they still exist that is.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 12-20-2018 at 05:33 AM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 12:05 PM   #32689
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Dear would-be author and publisher....

My dearest would-be publisher and author:
  • Foreword is NOT a direction. It is not spelt "Forward."
  • Copyright is a legal protection, not something you do with a pen. It is NOT spelt "copywrite."

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 02:02 PM   #32690
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
  • Copyright is a legal protection, not something you do with a pen. It is NOT spelt "copywrite."

Hitch
Ohhhhh .... I can't imagine how bad the *rest* of the book must be, spelling-wise!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2018, 02:11 PM   #32691
Rbneader
Fanatic
Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
So after cleaning up a massive pet mess and getting a concussion, the last straw was finding a spider crawling on me while driving to urgent care.
Rbneader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 02:37 PM   #32692
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Ohhhhh .... I can't imagine how bad the *rest* of the book must be, spelling-wise!
It's like a tell. We have rules--we don't change client content, without a written instruction, but I don't allow either of those to stand. I just....can't. Drives me nuts.

Hitch
Old 12-21-2018, 02:40 PM   #32693
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
I always wait to the last minute to get some fancy chocolates for my wifes stocking. I just found out that all three good chocolate stores within walking distance of my office have closed!

Moonstruck is still around but despite what Oprah says it isn't that good and my wife doesn't care for their chocolate at all. They used to have a couple really good chocolates but they do them different now to reduce costs (without reducing the prices of course) and it isn't as good.

One of the places is still a chocolate shop but is a different one now. Specializing in "handcrafted Belgian-style chocolates from Lebanon." Hopefully they are good and I won't need to go elsewhere.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 03:29 PM   #32694
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbneader View Post
So after cleaning up a massive pet mess and getting a concussion, the last straw was finding a spider crawling on me while driving to urgent care.
You know, I wasn't going to ask, but I gotta. How'd you get a concussion cleaning up a pet mess? I've had some doozies, but that one takes the cake.

Hitch
Old 12-21-2018, 05:18 PM   #32695
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
One of the places is still a chocolate shop but is a different one now. Specializing in "handcrafted Belgian-style chocolates from Lebanon." Hopefully they are good and I won't need to go elsewhere.
They should be very good, from what I know of Lebanese chocolates.
Old 12-21-2018, 05:21 PM   #32696
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Quote:

Hitch
Quote:
It's like a tell. We have rules--we don't change client content, without a written instruction, but I don't allow either of those to stand. I just....can't. Drives me nuts.

Hitch
Ah, Ms. Hitch. You always manage to make my day. So, if this is a tell-all book, will the author bear all. I'm not sure I could bare it.

You always have such literate and sophisticated clients. I'm impressed, truly impressed.
Old 12-21-2018, 05:40 PM   #32697
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Ah, Ms. Hitch. You always manage to make my day. So, if this is a tell-all book, will the author bear all. I'm not sure I could bare it.

You always have such literate and sophisticated clients. I'm impressed, truly impressed.
It's a gift, really, to attrack that quality of clientell.

Hitch
Old 12-21-2018, 05:47 PM   #32698
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:

Hitch
Tis the season for returning unwanted gifts, ya know ....
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 07:20 PM   #32699
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Quote:

Hitch
I new I culd count on you, Ms. Hitch.
Old 12-23-2018, 01:57 AM   #32700
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Low flow toilets. I can flush five times and areas inside the bowl still remain dirty. How are we saving water?
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness