Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-02-2018, 12:40 PM   #2011
GlennD
Wizard
GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS350, iPhone, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by tch65721 View Post
I'll wait 'till all 10 books are written... if I live that long.
I feel the same way about game of thrones.....but Sanderson is young and prolific, and hasn't been made wealthy by having a wildly successful TV show made from his stories. He also seems genuinely motivated to write for writing's sake.
GlennD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 01:01 PM   #2012
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Ah, I have those books in my wishlist. Hopefully they go on sale in the US.
As a Kobo owner in TX, you could easily buy a Kobo gift card at Wal-Mart and then "take a trip to the UK" and buy them at Kobo UK...
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 01:20 PM   #2013
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennD View Post
I feel the same way about game of thrones.....but Sanderson is young and prolific, and hasn't been made wealthy by having a wildly successful TV show made from his stories. He also seems genuinely motivated to write for writing's sake.
I would say that George R.R. Martin is writing for writing's sake, which is why he doesn't churn out endless mediocre doorstoppers, the way some writers do.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 01:23 PM   #2014
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgalbrecht View Post
As a Kobo owner in TX, you could easily buy a Kobo gift card at Wal-Mart and then "take a trip to the UK" and buy them at Kobo UK...
Yeah, there's also a book I'd like to buy, The Town That Forgot How to Breathe that is not available digitally in The States, but is in the UK. I've just never been motivated enough to actually do it. Maybe if I didn't already have a TBR pile that would kill me if it fell over (and weren't just a bunch of electronic 0s and 1s), I'd have more reason to explore travelling.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 02:16 PM   #2015
GlennD
Wizard
GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS350, iPhone, iPad
Quote:
I would say that George R.R. Martin is writing for writing's sake, which is why he doesn't churn out endless mediocre doorstoppers, the way some writers do.
Do you consider Sanderson's books mediocre?
GlennD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 03:58 PM   #2016
lkmiller
Laura
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Elipsa, Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8", Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
I've read in an interview that GRRM likes "having written" rather than the actual process of writing. Sanderson never stops. He takes breaks from big projects by writing something else. He talks about writing on planes and on road trips. Martin only writes at home with Wordstar.

They're two of my favorite writers.
lkmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 06:20 PM   #2017
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmiller View Post
I've read in an interview that GRRM likes "having written" rather than the actual process of writing. Sanderson never stops. He takes breaks from big projects by writing something else. He talks about writing on planes and on road trips. Martin only writes at home with Wordstar.

They're two of my favorite writers.
Wordstar? I seem to vaguely remember using that before they invented Edlin...
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 07:07 PM   #2018
maddz
Wizard
maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Icarus, iPad Mini 2, Kobo Touch, Google Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_in_oh View Post
Wordstar? I seem to vaguely remember using that before they invented Edlin...
I may have used Wordstar, but I do remember actually using WordPerfect (urgh). Learning the mark-up codes was a real chore.
maddz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 10:15 PM   #2019
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
The Phoenix Pick/Tor free book of the month is Jack Chalker's River of the Dancing Gods or you pick up the 5 book series bundle for a minimum price of $7.50.

THE RIVER OF DANCING GODS
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 10:33 PM   #2020
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Phoenix Pick also announced publisherspick.com. As they said...

Quote:
We started giving away a free book every month in June 2010, more than 8 years ago. With the exception of one month, we have given away one every month since then.

However, how we have done it has changed over time. And we are about to change it once again. There are a number of reasons for this including the exhausting of our own catalogue. Plus we have been asked by various sources if they can include their books to be given away or be put on sale.

So we are now in the process of creating a new web-site which will feature sales by various publishers, including Phoenix Pick. Currently we have two other publishers, and one self-published author who have already agreed to participate and we expect the number to grow. If you are an author and wish to participate, feel free to contact me (pp@arcmanor.com, a dedicated email address for this).

And we are planning on having weekly deals, with each week bringing you three new books from participants. That's a lot of books. Each book will be reduced by at least 50% and some will be offered for free.

The new web-site will go live the first week of December. In the meantime, I'm running a test site BUT the test site has REAL deals. So if you all want to check it out, do so.

btw, the site states that it will change weekly...that is not happening till December...till then the three books already listed there will be used for testing.

The new web-site is Publisher's Pick
www.PublishersPick.com
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 12:40 AM   #2021
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
The Phoenix Pick/Tor free book of the month is Jack Chalker's River of the Dancing Gods or you pick up the 5 book series bundle for a minimum price of $7.50.

Ugh, those covers are atrocious!
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 05:49 AM   #2022
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Now $2.99 at Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/Seventh-Sword...dp/B0732L5MND/

Quote:
David Duncan's The Seventh Sword trilogy (all 4 books of it ) box set is on sale at Kobo and Amazon for $2.99

Kobo Ca - The Seventh Sword Box Set

Amazon Ca - The Seventh Sword Box Set

The price seems to be the same at Amazon and Kobo US.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 07:34 AM   #2023
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Yeah, there's also a book I'd like to buy, The Town That Forgot How to Breathe that is not available digitally in The States, but is in the UK. I've just never been motivated enough to actually do it. Maybe if I didn't already have a TBR pile that would kill me if it fell over (and weren't just a bunch of electronic 0s and 1s), I'd have more reason to explore travelling.
Your link is wrong. It's going to pBook versions. Here's the link that goes to the eBook version. Both are £2.99.

https://www.kobo.com/gb/en/ebook/the...how-to-breathe
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Town-That-F.../dp/B005JDTKO0

Last edited by JSWolf; 11-03-2018 at 07:39 AM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 11:42 AM   #2024
ReadingManiac
Genre Jumper
ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Quote:

I haven't had an email yet! I'd love to read more Chaulker.
ReadingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 11:57 AM   #2025
ReadingManiac
Genre Jumper
ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_in_oh View Post
Why would that matter -you don't need to own a Kindle to buy from Amazon?
If you buy a Kindle book, it goes to a specific device. That can be a free desktop application, a phone or tablet app or an actual Kindle. In any case, it's registered from a specific Amazon store.
ReadingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote