Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Windows Devices

Notices

Old 08-22-2016, 03:16 PM   #1
tweedjack
tweedjack began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
accessing Kindle for PC within Calibre

I use Calibre to manage my library which consists of over 4000 books I have acquired from a variety of sources. I use Kindle for PC and Book Bazaar as my primary reading programs on my PC but I also read on my Android phone and use Calibre Companion to open my books there. Both readers work fine if "open file location" in Calibre and then select the reader.

I am now running 2.64 Calibre.

What is puzzling me is there was a release a ways back that added a feature that let you select the program i.e. Kindle for PC to read a particular format when you right-clicked on the format label in Calibre. the feature is still there but I can't seem to link Kindle or Book Bazaar to it so I all can use within Calibre are the internal readers. Can anyone help with this? It was very convenient.
tweedjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 03:26 PM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
You need to go to Prefs - Behavior - Use internal viewer for (right-hand list of formats) then untick the formats for which you *don't want* the calibre viewer used. After this if you View a book it will open in whatever application you've assigned in your operating system
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 08:41 AM   #3
tweedjack
tweedjack began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
thank you. I would NEVER have figured that out myself.
tweedjack is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
desktop e-book reader