Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 07-14-2019, 02:45 PM   #1
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 & Touch HD 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 5
Question Question about gestures (hold corner)

I've started using KOReader on my Pocketbook Touch HD 3 and I'm trying to find the optimal gesture settings for me. I would like to use the settings for "hold corner" but then this interferes with dictionary lookup, i.e. if I long tap on a word in a corner to look it up in the dictionary, the configured action takes place instead. Is there a trick to use both functions, for example the duration of the tap?
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 03:11 AM   #2
gerhaher
Enthusiast
gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Sage
If I remember correctly, I've changed DTAP_ZONE_BOTTOM_LEFT and DTAP_ZONE_BOTTOM_RIGHT on my KA1.

My zone definitions (which I think differ from default values):

Left:
h = 0.04
w = 0.125
x = 0
y = 0.96

Right:
h = 0.04
w = 0.125
x = 0.875
y = 0.96

Last edited by gerhaher; 07-15-2019 at 05:12 AM.
gerhaher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 06:16 AM   #3
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

What does that mean exactly? Are the tap zones outside the text now?
Old 07-15-2019, 06:33 AM   #4
gerhaher
Enthusiast
gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyOne View Post
What does that mean exactly? Are the tap zones outside the text now?
Yes.
I changed them because I had the same problem as you described.
Old 07-15-2019, 06:41 AM   #5
LucyOne
Librocubicularist

The tap zones might be too small for my 6"-device. I also like to read with fairly small margins, so I don't think this will work for me. But thanks for the idea.
Old 07-26-2019, 05:19 AM   #6
LucyOne
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerhaher View Post
If I remember correctly, I've changed DTAP_ZONE_BOTTOM_LEFT and DTAP_ZONE_BOTTOM_RIGHT on my KA1.

My zone definitions (which I think differ from default values):

Left:
h = 0.04
w = 0.125
x = 0
y = 0.96

Right:
h = 0.04
w = 0.125
x = 0.875
y = 0.96
Do you have any idea about the values for a 6-inch screen if the touch zones in the corners should be 0,4 cm wide and 0,5 cm long?
Old 07-28-2019, 02:28 PM   #7
gerhaher
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyOne View Post
Do you have any idea about the values for a 6-inch screen if the touch zones in the corners should be 0,4 cm wide and 0,5 cm long?
Not really. But I tried my above values on my 6-inch Kobo Aura. I think they work OK for me.
Old 07-29-2019, 03:47 AM   #8
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
It goes from 0-1, so it should be easy to calculate based on something a little more tangible than 6" screen.

The PocketBook Touch HD 3 says it has a resolution of 1072 × 1448. With a diagonal of 6 inch (15.24 cm) that means 9.07 cm × 12.25 cm.

0.4/9.07 = 0.044
0.5/12.25 = 0.041

Practically speaking less than half a cm seems a bit small though. Might be hard to use.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote