Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-15-2014, 05:15 PM   #1
Readomaniac
Readomaniac began at the beginning.

Device: None
Smile Script error when trying to view a HTMLZ book

Hi,

I recently started using Calibre and have imported by large eBook library. I'm using Alf's DRM removal plugin to make a private backup of some titles.

7 books were imported as HTMLZ format. I'm having problems opening one of these titles ("The Algorithm Design Manual"). The other titles seem to be working just fine.

What happens is basically that, when I "View" the book in Calibre, the "view window" gets stuck when it displays "Loading flow…". After hanging on this screen for several minutes, I get an error message. (See attached screenshots for details.)

After choosing "Yes" in the error message, the book is rendered with some missing and/or malformed illustrations and mathematical formulae.

My thoughts are that, since this particular books is very heavy on illustrations and mathematical notation, perhaps there's some kind of unhanded notation or malformed HTMLZ tags (?), but I haven't been able to verify my assumptions or get to the bottom of the problem.

I would greatly appreciate any tips that can get me closer to a solution.

Edit: Got it working by converting it to EPUB.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre_view_htmlz_error_1.png
Views:	279
Size:	335.1 KB
ID:	120301   Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre_view_htmlz_error_2.png
Views:	270
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	120302  

Last edited by Readomaniac; 03-15-2014 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Adding URL to plugin.
Readomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
htmlz, script-error, viewer