Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-18-2015, 03:02 PM   #1
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Smile Kindle Unlimited

I don't know if this has become common knowledge yet, but Amazon just released the data on all the Kindle Unlimited books you have checked out...

Now you can see, review, and rate whatever KU books you checked out.

There are two ways of accessing this info. First, thought the Manage Content and Devices. Under the drop-down menu at the top, select the Kindle Unlimited choice and you will be given a list exactly like the one you get for purchased books.

Another way to see this library (and a much better UI) is to select "Your Kindle Unlimited" in the Account drop-down menu.

That selection gives you the option of a cover grid, and another option to rate the books.. Interestingly, Amazon has been keeping track of the book's status because there is a history of reading under each book.

Just thought to let this be known.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 03:10 PM   #2
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellwood View Post
I don't know if this has become common knowledge yet, but Amazon just released the data on all the Kindle Unlimited books you have checked out...

Now you can see, review, and rate whatever KU books you checked out.

There are two ways of accessing this info. First, thought the Manage Content and Devices. Under the drop-down menu at the top, select the Kindle Unlimited choice and you will be given a list exactly like the one you get for purchased books.

Another way to see this library (and a much better UI) is to select "Your Kindle Unlimited" in the Account drop-down menu.

That selection gives you the option of a cover grid, and another option to rate the books.. Interestingly, Amazon has been keeping track of the book's status because there is a history of reading under each book.

Just thought to let this be known.
How detailed is that history?
Do they only list how far you've read each or do they list individual sessions, with dates?

If the latter there's a zillion authors who lust after that data.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2015, 03:32 PM   #3
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
Huh, mine still looks the same and nothing about rating books, at least not from the my kindle unlimited screen. I get a list of anything I returned, this includes books from the first time I had KU which was last year. I had cancelled for months in between, but it logged all the books. I can either read the book again there.

On the current page I can deliver the book to a device and I can return it or read now. I assume that brings up the cloud reader. Nothing about rating them. I do that from the kindle anyway once I finish a book.

Pretty sure its been like this for a while, unless they are fiddling with stuff and I just haven't gotten the new thing yet.

No stats on reading individual books or anything like that.

eta: even if they gave us stats on each book we read, how long, how many sessions, etc, it wouldn't be of any use to any author as it would be in the individual subscriber page. I wouldn't mind some stats like that, but I'll live if I don't get them.

Last edited by Atunah; 09-18-2015 at 03:35 PM.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 03:42 PM   #4
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
How detailed is that history?
Do they only list how far you've read each or do they list individual sessions, with dates?

If the latter there's a zillion authors who lust after that data.
My thinking is the authors just think they want that data.
There are a billion that would love to know when their bought books are actually read.

Betting the actual data would frighten them.

The pages read is bad enough.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 03:42 PM   #5
Rellwood
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@fjtorres

I can't seem to access that information again.(specific reading data)..I discovered it last night when i saw the KU books being shown. It was a kind of stumble-upon,

I can see the grid view which allows you to see the date you checked it out, along with an option the check it out again when you hover over it. You can "Manage" the books but only after you select them. I still haven't figured out what "Manage Books" means, but once you select a book it goes into that list...

What I saw was a few icons below each cover view, the icons said "read" or "unfinished" or "stopped reading" there may have been date info, but I am not sure.

I know that the data comes from the direct information given by the reader when the book is returned. This won't help if you somehow manage to "forget" to return it...

The UI is really cool. You can see recommendations based on a specific book...seriously, Amazon has upped it's usefulness in KU.
Advert
Old 09-18-2015, 03:52 PM   #6
Rellwood

I found it! I searched my browser history....

https://kindle.amazon.com/your_reading

go there....

Amazon has a Kindle only storefront.

I was too quick....I thought this was based on the KU books, but it was only for the books purchased. Purchased books show if they have been read or rated, but only if they have been synced to the cloud.

So embarassed......

Last edited by Rellwood; 09-18-2015 at 03:55 PM.
Old 09-18-2015, 04:01 PM   #7
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
Don't be embarrassed, lots of folks don't know about the kindle.amazon.com page. Years ago I tried to keep it up to date, but switched to goodreads. For a while it actually transferred the ratings I did at the end of reading a book from my kindle to that page, I don't think it does it anymore.

Neat thing there though is you can look up what other folks highlighted and made notes about a book. I think they intended that page to be some social media and they don't need it anymore now that they own goodreads basically.

eta: so some of the books I rated did also get rated on there, but not all so that is odd. I haven't been at the site in a while to check.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle unlimited