Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-30-2009, 06:07 PM   #1
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350; Nook STR; Oasis
Won't Convert Certain PDF's-Get This Error Message

The following is what I have received on several occasions when converting a PDF to epub. I have no idea what it means, except that it won't convert the pdf file :-)

Any help? Or are the pdf files just corrupt? I can open them fine with Adobe Reader 9 and with the viewer in Calibre though.

thanks!

Job: **Convert book: Charon: A Dragon at the Gate**
**tuple**: ('ConversionError', u'')
**Traceback**:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "parallel.py", line 960, in worker
File "parallel.py", line 918, in work
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\epub\from _any.py", line 168, in any2epub
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\epub\from _any.py", line 97, in pdf2opf
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\lrf\pdf\c onvert_from.py", line 68, in generate_html
ConversionError

**Log**:
('ConversionError', u'')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "parallel.py", line 960, in worker
File "parallel.py", line 918, in work
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\epub\from _any.py", line 168, in any2epub
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\epub\from _any.py", line 97, in pdf2opf
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\lrf\pdf\c onvert_from.py", line 68, in generate_html
ConversionError

this is with Calibre 0.5.14

Last edited by Ravensknight; 06-30-2009 at 06:29 PM.
Ravensknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 06:16 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Well, hello, ravensknight, and welcome to MobileRead.

Hopefully, you'll get answers to your question soon, in the meantime, how about letting us know where you are from, and what you like to read?

How are you liking your 505, and how long have you had it?

Are you aware we have wonderful books here to download, formatted by our own members? Free, just for you!

enjoy the forums, and don't hesitate to jump in on threads that interest you.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2009, 06:25 PM   #3
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350; Nook STR; Oasis
Thanks for the welcome!

about the 505, when I joined up I didn't realize it meant what you had. I thought it meant what I was looking for. I just changed it to none :-)
Ravensknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 12:16 AM   #4
kmvargo
kmvargo began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
I had a similar problem with a couple of files. The best I could figure is that there was a foriegn or unrecognizable character in the title of the file (this is in the properties of the file - not in the file title). These files were protected pdfs so I could not change their properties titles until I bought a program to unprotect them. Once I unprotected them and editied their properties, I could then transfer them to my 505.
kmvargo is offline   Reply With Quote