Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 02-09-2009, 03:37 PM   #196
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
I'd prefer the Kindle to have Wi-Fi, would likely make the Kindle less expensive as well. I'm guessing $50 -$100
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 03:39 PM   #197
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ervserver View Post
I'd prefer the Kindle to have Wi-Fi, would likely make the Kindle less expensive as well. I'm guessing $50 -$100
I very much doubt it.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2009, 03:59 PM   #198
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I very much doubt it.

BOb
Yep. It's not like the EVDO hardware is terribly expensive and WiFi hardware isn't free. There may be some sort of activation fee to Sprint but you can bet it's not the $25 we pay and Amazon is likely paying for data used at a reduced rate. They're not paying for a monthly account for every Kindle the way we consumers do for our phones.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 04:57 PM   #199
vivlio
vivlio began at the beginning.

Device: none
It's useless.Crappy.Only 2gb, without a memory card slot, it doesn't support pdf files natively no wifi as mentioned above.Too bad that plasticlogic's reader slipped for january 2010.
If someone gets it PLEASE POST FOR US on the screen contrast.
vivlio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 07:01 PM   #200
Ediciona
Ediciona began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamG View Post
Well there we go. 16 shades of grey, up from 4. 25% better battery life, 20% faster screen refresh, TTS, super thin, charges via USB AND via AC (comes with both cables). I just ordered 2 - one for me and one for the wife.
Let us know once you & your wife got your Kindles 2 and try them... it seems Kindle is coming massive on Spain sometime this year... we really hope so.
Ediciona is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2009, 07:05 PM   #201
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ediciona View Post
Let us know once you & your wife got your Kindles 2 and try them... it seems Kindle is coming massive on Spain sometime this year... we really hope so.

?? Could you explain?
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 01:49 PM   #202
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivlio View Post
It's useless.Crappy.Only 2gb, without a memory card slot, it doesn't support pdf files natively no wifi as mentioned above.Too bad that plasticlogic's reader slipped for january 2010.
The screen contrast is no different then any other 6" sized eink screen as they all use the same Vizplex screen. Just go have a look at the Sony 505 and you'll see what sort of contrast you'll be getting.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 10:58 PM   #203
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivlio View Post
2GB can store about 2000 e-books from the amazon bookstore!
So far I have no more than 175MB of the 200+Mb used of the freespace of my Sony PRS-505.
If you can read all those 2000 books before buying a new device, I'll say I'm impressed!

Though I agree with wifi, and especially the SD!
It seems Amazon is making it harder to put free books on their devices!
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:09 PM   #204
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
It seems Amazon is making it harder to put free books on their devices!
Not really. The USB can still be used (and that's generally how I put books on the Kindle 1 SD card anyway, given that it was rather inaccessible behind the cover).
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 11:27 AM   #205
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

with skipping many replies, reading only a few,I see the situation is no different from the PRS-700!

Everyone was excited, because they where expecting a better device with NO tradeoff.
Then,once the tradeoff was here, they wanted to go back; not buy it.

I think it's going to take a while before a 'perfect' device will be available!
Old 02-15-2009, 04:25 PM   #206
MonaLS
Groupie
MonaLS began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle (Gen 1), Kindle DX, Kindle Fire, LG Enact
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
I think it's going to take a while before a 'perfect' device will be available!
Yup. I do think that the more players in the electronic reader market, the better chance we have of getting the perfect reader.

Of course perfect for me isn't necessarily perfect for you.
MonaLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 06:15 AM   #207
kavi
kavi began at the beginning.

There are not signs of a fixation system on the back ; and a side-attached cover like the Sony does not seem likely seeing as the edge are even thinner.

If the screen is still a 6", seeing how thin and comparatively large it is, I guess they will only ship it with a sleeve case.

Wounded Soldiers
Military Wives
kavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 01:21 PM   #208
ProDigit
Karmaniac

yeah, casings on readers haven't been the best; though there is a topic on the forum about the cases and leather pouches or whatever...
Old 11-25-2009, 08:21 AM   #209
RichardNester
RichardNester began at the beginning.

Free Kindle

For free is always most preferable I noticed that Americanlisted have a competition where you could win a Kindle 2. removed link. Please don't abuse this community to link to your site (as you have made the same posts on multiple other sites)

Last edited by Alexander Turcic; 11-26-2009 at 08:27 AM.
RichardNester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 01:31 PM   #210
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
Please don't grave dig for that. Post in the proper area.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote