Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-23-2017, 08:38 PM   #1
Ricstix
Ricstix began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Importing Library from Kindle

I have done a heap of reading and the more I read about importing from Kindle to Calibre the more confused I become.

My 'Kindle Library for PC' shows I have 834 books. However when the Kindle is plugged into the PC and the library is imported to Calibre, over 1100 books are listed. (I only have few collections. 832 in one, 22 in another and 3 in a third.)

I don't want to use Calibre for reading, just managing my list/library of book data. Can someone please be kind enough to explain how I can import the roughly 834 books, and why Calibre imports over 1100?
Ricstix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 02:52 PM   #2
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Since I just directly import the books from Kindle for PC and not my Kindle itself (I never updated the program, so I don't have problems with importing) - Im not sure if you are also importing the additional files that the books come with - .phl, apnx,lpr, mbpV2.

Have you looked at the extra books being imported?
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert