Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 09-14-2013, 12:52 AM   #106
aruangra
Connoisseur
aruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nook Touch, iPad1, iPad2, iPod Touch 4G, Pixel Qi
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydog View Post
To answer my own question:
Screen can be rotated by modifying /etc/X11/xorg.conf
Section "Device"
Option "Rotate" "CCW" --> Option "Rotate" "no rotation", where CCW means counter clock wise
you get Obuntu in Landscape mode ... the prob is that the touchscreen does not rotate and the stylus imput is nearly impossible

Another question:
Code:
root@lucid-desktop:~/Documents# lsusb
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0a12:0001 Cambridge Silicon Radio, Ltd Bluetooth Dongle (HCI mode)
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
root@lucid-desktop:~/Documents# hcitool dev
Devices:
root@lucid-desktop:~/Documents# hciconfig --all
root@lucid-desktop:~/Documents# lsmod | grep bluetooth
bluetooth              49191  1 ar6000
root@lucid-desktop:~/Documents#
Bluetooth Dongle is in HCI mode. Bluetooth and bluez-utils etc. installed.
The dongle 0a12:0001 should be usb 1.1 compatible
any advice?
What USB cable and hub do you use? And what steps to make the usb host work?
aruangra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 01:33 AM   #107
aruangra
Connoisseur
aruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nook Touch, iPad1, iPad2, iPod Touch 4G, Pixel Qi
I go around the usb host problem by installing x11vnc server on Obuntu and use my notebook keyboard and mouse.

In the usb host mode, does M92 get charged while connected to the usb hub and keyboard?
aruangra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2013, 08:10 AM   #108
crazydog
error
crazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle Keyboard, M92
@aruangra
I made a script with the code Seaniko7 gave us on the first page.
Code:
#!/bin/sh
sudo rmmod ehci-hcd
sudo modprobe fsl_otg_arc
sudo modprobe arcotg_udc
sudo modprobe g_ether
sudo modprobe ehci-hcd
make sure you make it executable
I start the script and attach USB Hub and if dmesg Shows nothing I start the script again...

I have 4 different Hubs. Don't know what brand.
Every hub works for me. Just make sure you have power on your HUB and BOOX should get charged otherwise it won't enable HOST mode.

--> I have not USB device, except this Bluetooth Dongle and USB sticks.
My Keyboard is PS2 and Mouse is BT
crazydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 11:55 AM   #109
phyzjqk
Connoisseur
phyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the rough

Device: Boox Max2/SP4:Dell x50v /Iliad /Nokia:
Thumbs up Could you describe more detail to install Obuntu in SD?

I can not find such option in boot menu

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydog View Post
@dbj , thank you sooo much. Now screen rotation works perfect.

I also moved my Obuntu installation to SD card, because I need much more storage.
phyzjqk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 01:06 PM   #110
Kirith
schoolteacher
Kirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Onyx M92 +i62HD(m)+M92(m)x20+M90x13
Quote:
Install notes:
Download uImage-initramfs from:
https://github.com/intromatyk/public_kernel/tree/iMX508
Flash uImage using dd command with following options:
of=/dev/mmcblk0
bs=512
seek=12288
Download current rootfs from:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n50udy9rki...060713.tar.bz2
Format SD and create two ext3 partitions
Unpack rootfs on second partition preserving permissions and symbolic links
Boot OS using update procedure (i.e. reboot holding Back button)
Kirith is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2013, 02:50 PM   #111
phyzjqk
Connoisseur
phyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the rough

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirith View Post
Thanks a lot, Kirth. As I understood, I need to flash uImage independently. seniko7 changed the installation procedure to more simple. Installer.osr flash the bootloader and fdisk the internal memory and install the Obuntu from SD card. If I format the SD card with ext3 and extract the obuntu system in this partition, do you think it will boot from SD?
Old 10-01-2013, 02:35 AM   #112
seaniko7
wannabe developer
seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kindle: 2xKeyboard, Classic, 2xTouch, 2xPW, PW2; Onyx: Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by phyzjqk View Post
Thanks a lot, Kirth. As I understood, I need to flash uImage independently. seniko7 changed the installation procedure to more simple. Installer.osr flash the bootloader and fdisk the internal memory and install the Obuntu from SD card. If I format the SD card with ext3 and extract the obuntu system in this partition, do you think it will boot from SD?
Nope, bootloader looks for Obuntu on EMMC. In next release, I will include option to install and boot it from both internal and external memory.
seaniko7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 05:08 PM   #113
phyzjqk
Connoisseur

Thumbs up That would be fantastic!!!!

Thank a lot!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaniko7 View Post
Nope, bootloader looks for Obuntu on EMMC. In next release, I will include option to install and boot it from both internal and external memory.
Old 10-04-2013, 10:12 AM   #114
Kirith
schoolteacher
Kirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

seaniko7 and when to expect the new version? I'd like to ... calibration of stylus and 16 levels of gray ...
Can I dream (a little)?

seaniko7, а когда ждать новой версии? Очень хочется ... калибровки стилуса и 16 градаций серого...
Могу я помечтать?
Old 10-05-2013, 01:40 PM   #115
Kirith
schoolteacher

There was a way to change the gray levels:

Spoiler:
sudo cp -f /devel2/partial_updater /usr/bin/monochrome_updater

and reboot. Back to B / W:
Spoiler:
sudo cp -f /devel2/monochrome_updater /usr/bin/monochrome_updater

You can enter through the SSH-client (by Wi-Fi) or directly on the device through the Terminal.
For reference, in Obuntu originally included ssh-server (name: user, password: password).
The method pointed by user vald77 from the Russian forum

Появился способ смены градаций серого:

Spoiler:
sudo cp -f /devel2/partial_updater /usr/bin/monochrome_updater

и перезагрузить. Обратно к ч/б:
Spoiler:
sudo cp -f /devel2/monochrome_updater /usr/bin/monochrome_updater

Вводить можно через SSH-клиент (по Wi-Fi) или прямо на устройстве через Terminal.
Для сведения: в Obuntu bсходно включен ssh-сервер (имя: user, пароль: password).
Способ указал пользователь vald77 с российского форума
Old 10-05-2013, 01:44 PM   #116
Kirith
schoolteacher

To calibrate the stylus, he offers this utility:
Spoiler:
/devel2/tslib_packages/tslib/tests/ts_calibrate
that rules the file /etc/pointercal.
Can anyone try?

Для калибровки стилуса он предлагает эту утилиту:
Spoiler:
/devel2/tslib_packages/tslib/tests/ts_calibrate
которая правит файл /etc/pointercal.
Может кто-нибудь испытать?
Old 10-06-2013, 04:26 AM   #117
rogerpiano
Connoisseur
rogerpiano began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 650, Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox Max2
@ kirith : where is the file "partial_updater"? to me says that the file does not exist ...
rogerpiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 05:04 AM   #118
seaniko7
wannabe developer
seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerpiano View Post
@ kirith : where is the file "partial_updater"? to me says that the file does not exist ...
Kirith probably downloaded my devel image, which I have uploaded recently by mistake . It contains devel2 directory, in which some of my development resides.

I'll upload it if you are interested...
Old 10-07-2013, 05:48 AM   #119
rogerpiano
Connoisseur
rogerpiano began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 650, Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox Max2
Thank you Seaniko7! I'd like to see if with grayscale it is a general improvement for display, especially for the pdf.
rogerpiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 05:59 AM   #120
seaniko7
wannabe developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerpiano View Post
Thank you Seaniko7! I'd like to see if with grayscale it is a general improvement for display, especially for the pdf.
It is an improvement, but the reason I did not upload code earlier is that it needs much more polishing. I mean, it lacks any refresh control (screen is updated asap in fast refresh mode, which causes ghosting). My goal is to create control interface, which would allow one to set per-app (or even per window) e-ink setting (2bpp/16bpp depth, partial/full/periodic refresh).