Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-19-2017, 04:15 PM   #41161
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Watching the first season of Stranger Things for a second time, as a refresher befor the second season starts.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 04:34 PM   #41162
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Waiting for ka 'aina awakea.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 10:00 AM   #41163
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Just packed my favorite framed art in the entire house - US Patent Application prints of the Apollo spacesuit and capsule, the planetarium, and the space shuttle.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	industrial-prints-and-posters.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	115.5 KB
ID:	159606  
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 10:39 PM   #41164
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
Just packed my favorite framed art in the entire house - US Patent Application prints of the Apollo spacesuit and capsule, the planetarium, and the space shuttle.
Neat!
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 01:49 PM   #41165
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Wait fo' kaukau.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 02:04 PM   #41166
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 02:19 PM   #41167
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
I forget which thread had the discussion of sleep masks -- I think it was the Vent thread, but this followup seems more appropriate here. I joined an Indiegogo kickstarter a month or two ago, for a new fangled sleep mask. Actually I ordered 2. They arrived yesterday. They're quite nice! I'll have to re-learn how to use my cpap nasal pillows mask with them, as I'm used to tucking the edge of my flat sleep mask under the cpap straps. But aside from getting that interaction right, the new sleep mask is terrific! You fit it to your own face shape. Take a look: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/m...el-health--2#/

(7 days left to get it at these prices. Higher than I normally pay, but it was worth the chance.)
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 03:16 AM   #41168
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

A quick victory for once. Last week we heard that the café's around the corner had planned a beer festival on November 11. That's a Saturday, the busiest day of the week for us, during the busiest time of the year for us. We heard they wanted to start at 11am until 11pm and have amplified (live) music. We wrote an email to the council, requesting the permit application. In that it said that there would be no amplified music, everything was to be contained on the terraces of the café's and restaurants participating and they would make sure the street would be free for traffic and other pedestrians. At it would be from 2.30pm until 11pm.

The podium is on a sidewalk which wasn't a terrace plus the audience would stand on the cross road blocking it, we later heard that the area would be closed off for cars and cyclists, and if it would get really busy it would also get closed off for pedestrians. There would be a food cart on one of the parking spots and the live music would start at 1pm.

On Sunday we send another email to the council, detailing the discrepancies between the application, what Facebook page of the festival says is going to happen and what we've heard through the grapevine. We expressed our concern that our customers couldn't reach us, that those who did come to the store couldn't be helped properly due to the noise of the amplified music.

On Tuesday the owners of one of the participating café's were in the store, my father discussed the situation with them. They tried to guilt him, the had merely forgotten to notify us (I don't believe that), it would be good for our business, too (how, if nobody can get to the store?), they were raising money for a cancer fund and it was egotistical to put our own store before that (we'd already heard a token donation would be made, the rest of the money would be used for future events) and it was petty that we wouldn't supply power to the podium (we have a 380volt power point and in the past we let them use it, but that was for events taking place when we were closed). According to them it was useless to go to the council: they had gotten the permit six weeks ago.

Today we are going to be contacted by the council about it, but last night we read on the Facebook page of one of the café's that the event is cancelled, because they didn't get the permit (the one they got six weeks ago)....

So we're happy. We're not against events, but they should take the rest of the neighbourhood into account when organizing something. The shop and restaurant owners further along the street weren't happy about the closing off either. If wanted to organize something and keep it small and simple during the day and have live music and close of the area after the stores are closed it wouldn't be much of a problem for anyone. Hopefully we'll still be contacted by the council today.
Old 10-28-2017, 05:20 PM   #41169
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

I couldn't find a sleeping mask in the UK when I needed one and now, when I'm back home I can't seem to avoid them. First I discovered Ikea sells them, I saw them at a department store and earlier this evening I saw an ad on tv that a clothing store sells them, too. The one I ordered online is still on its way, via Istanbul. The ones I can get in the Netherlands are all the soft variety, the one I ordered is the pre-formed rigid one. I'll pick of a soft one next week, when I get the other one I can give both of them a try.
Old 10-30-2017, 09:41 AM   #41170
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Looking into a simple, not too expensive bluetooth speaker. When house sitting this summer I found out that it's hard to change the wifi setting of my Sonos (internet radio) without resetting it completely. Also, I can't use the Sonos on networks where you have to sign in to through a website (like many vacation parks).

I like listen to classical music or a podcast before I go to sleep (okay, whilst I fall asleep). Since I probably won't be using it a lot outside of vacations and house sitting I don't want a very expensive one.

At the moment I'm like the Fresh 'n Rebel Brick bluetooth speaker. It's got a nice long battery life, when it detects it hasn't been used for 30 minutes it switches itself off (great for my nighttime listening sessions) and as a bonus it has got a headphone jack.

I still have a while to decided, my next vacation is planned for mid January and my next house sitting trip isn't until late February.
Old 10-30-2017, 04:54 PM   #41171
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
I just bought the "OontZ Angle 3 PLUS" from US Amazon. I've only tested it, but it sounds great! I only wanted cabled connection, for use in a car with no modern Aux-In. This is certainly loud enough to drown out engine noises!

Right now, it says it's not available, but the "OontZ Angle 3 ULTRA" looks the same, as far as I can tell.
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B073BVWRSP
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 04:21 AM   #41172
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Thanks for the tip, it doesn't seem to be available in the Netherlands unfortunately.

For now I decided not to go for the Fresh 'n Rebel Brick, even if it's the only one with a headphone connector within my €50 budget. I'm going for the JBL Clip 2. It's small, it's got an integrated audio cable and it's waterproof. The only drawback is that it isn't very loud. However, that would only be a problem if I wanted to listen to it when in the shower and I had to keep the speaker outside the shower cubicle. But since it's waterproof I can hang it in the shower.

If I like the speaker I'll probably upgrade to one with a headphone jack and keep this one for on the go and in the shower.
Old 10-31-2017, 11:51 AM   #41173
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I'm listening to Christmas music and getting the apartment ready for the holidays.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 11:53 AM   #41174
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I'm listening to Christmas music...
What kind?
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 01:19 PM   #41175
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Taking a quick lunch break and TRYING not to panic about the movers being here in 3 days.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?