Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 09-25-2017, 10:02 PM   #1
E.M.DuBois
Connoisseur
E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S9+
1984 formatting

So, as I've been working on a side-project between my TAC novels, I also took a little time to reread G. Orwell's 1984. I've started to draw some inverted parallels that make the works almost complete opposites of each other (as if my subconscious has heard some many times that Trump's Administration is "Orwellian" that my knee-jerk reaction was to write a novel putting that to rest.) So, inspired by that, I decided I wanted to format my project so that, if I start physically publishing, it will be more like 1984.

Now, I've run into some problems with this. I've been searching Google, Bing, and even Safari, and found no guide as to the formatting of the novel, specifically the one with the blue eye on the cover. I was hoping for a little help on this. Does anyone know a source that can point me to that copy's page size, margins, font size, etc.?
E.M.DuBois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 10:14 PM   #2
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Hun,
Why? For an ebook, you don't want fixed font. As to a paperback, there are bookmakers on here.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 12:23 AM   #3
E.M.DuBois
Connoisseur
E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S9+
I thought I had explained it pretty well. Can you elaborate your question? And I did specify "physically" publishing.
E.M.DuBois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 12:34 AM   #4
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.M.DuBois View Post
I thought I had explained it pretty well. Can you elaborate your question? And I did specify "physically" publishing.
I misread your post. I thought you meant for the ebook.
As to the second part, I think createspace and the other POD services have the templates to set everything you want or for a fee you can use a professional bookmaker.
(Please read the submission guidelines and give her the files she asks for.)

*Bookmaker: person that puts books together.
Not the person in Vegas that takes bets.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 12:56 AM   #5
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Have you thoroughly checked your print edition? - sometimes they do specify the font used.

Page size - use a tape measure.
Font type - compare against various lists
Font size - once you have the type, print a few examples to check

I don't have that particular edition in paper and I can't see anything too special in what I do have. ... And I am having trouble working out why copying the format is interesting (let alone important). I feel I must be missing something.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote