Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-25-2021, 12:40 PM   #16
Pjama
Guru
Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ✍️🏝️♎️ Kobo Clara 2E
Oh well, I’m obviously doing something else wrong now. I tried this with Georgia several times, nothing changed, so tried with Malabar instead just in case it was an issue specific to Georgia, but still displaying Avenir.

I looked at the troubleshooting links, and tried going into the font menu, and into another book to see if that would trigger a change, but no.

The only thing I can think of is it is something to do with the un-comment requirement. I had no idea what this meant so I looked around online and removed the - from after the # on the line below the line in which I changed the second Avenir to Georgia.

As this didn’t do anything I then tried rerunning the patch after removing the curly brackets.

I can’t think of anything else to try. Can anyone see what I’m doing wrong? Something obvious probably, but not to me!
Pjama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 12:49 PM   #17
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
replace the line
Code:
        #- {Find: "font-family: Avenir;", Replace: "font-family:Avenir;"}
on
Code:
        - {Find: "font-family: Avenir;", Replace: "font-family:Georgia;"}
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2021, 01:05 PM   #18
Pjama
Guru
Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yessss! Thank you so much!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6A72E968-927E-44D5-B2BB-639D47F5A832.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	862.4 KB
ID:	189818  
Old 10-25-2021, 01:07 PM   #19
Pjama
Guru

It's bugging that the 'of' in the page x of y is still sans serif, but I don’t suppose there is a way to change that? I know I can have the format x/y but I don’t like that.
This is what is so great about the kobo though. The fact that we can tinker with these things.

ETA: I just realized the numbers are also sans serif. I’ll look around the patches to see if there is one to change this, and if there isn’t, I’ll be requesting this.
Old 10-25-2021, 01:11 PM   #20
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjama View Post
It's bugging that the 'of' in the page x of y is still sans serif, but I don’t suppose there is a way to change that?
There is a way, but it's a bit complicated So leave it like that. Consider it a feature.
Advert
Old 10-25-2021, 01:20 PM   #21
Pjama
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize View Post
There is a way, but it's a bit complicated So leave it like that. Consider it a feature.
OK, point taken, I'll do that!

Thanks so much for all your help with this.
Old 10-25-2021, 07:26 PM   #22
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
Quote:
replace the line
Code:
        #- {Find: "font-family: Avenir;", Replace: "font-family:Avenir;"}
on
Code:
        - {Find: "font-family: Avenir;", Replace: "font-family:Georgia;"}

Can this be done with custom sideloaded fonts? Where should we put font location in the code?
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 07:41 PM   #23
Semwize
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deobulakenyo View Post
Can this be done with custom sideloaded fonts? Where should we put font location in the code?

In the same place.
Code:
        - {Find: "font-family: Avenir;", Replace: "font-family:'desired font';"}
Old 10-25-2021, 10:13 PM   #24
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

In the same place.
Code:
        - {Find: "font-family: Avenir;", Replace: "font-family:'desired font';"}
I mean "do i have to specify where the actual sideloaded font is located in the fonts folder?"

example: I sideloaded helvetica in the fonts folder, is there no need to specify the directory of the font's location?
Old 10-25-2021, 11:36 PM   #25
Semwize
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deobulakenyo View Post
example: I sideloaded helvetica in the fonts folder, is there no need to specify the directory of the font's location?
No.
You wrote the 'font' directory yourself. All additional fonts are placed in this directory.
Old 10-26-2021, 12:37 AM   #26
Deobulakenyo
Guru

Quote:
No.
You wrote the 'font' directory yourself. All additional fonts are placed in this directory.
Okay, thanks.

Maybe i was affected by what i did with nanoclock where the font can be located in other folders and have to be specified that specific directory.

Sorry, as nickelmenu, patching and other tinkering sometimes make me confused
Old 10-29-2021, 10:15 AM   #27
Anghirrim
Seeking for Graal
Anghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Thanks for the updated patches!

However, seems like the DarkMode vs InvertScreen mode issue is still there.

InvertScreen does not respond well (the screen just flashes once and gets back to white background and back letters).

Dark mode can be toggled on/off by editing the Kobo reader.conf (or using Nickel of course).

But I really prefer using the patched firmawre rather than Nickel.
Anghirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 02:32 PM   #28
Semwize
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anghirrim View Post
InvertScreen does not respond well (the screen just flashes once and gets back to white background and back letters).
Did you reboot after turning on the Invert Screen? Theoretically, this should work after a reboot (untested).
Old 10-29-2021, 10:14 PM   #29
Rand Brittain
Bookmaker
Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus
So, I factory reset my Elipsa and installed the patch for 4.28.17925 (from this release), and although the patch seems to have worked, I'm experiencing something weird:

Everytime the device reboots and I open my book again, the line spacing has gone back to the smallest possible level. It feels like it's not "really" at that level, because if I bump the line spacing up or down, it goes to a line spacing value one level up or down from where I left the device before rebooting.

This happened when I was using the "my 24 line spacing values" patch, and then it still happened when I repatched using "my 10 line spacing values" instead.

Did I do something wrong? Did one of the other patches not play nice with this one? Or is it something else?
Rand Brittain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 10:39 PM   #30
Semwize
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand Brittain View Post
Did I do something wrong?
Most likely, you are using your own font. Change for example on Georgia and see what happens.

Tags
kobopatch, patch, patch32lsb, patches, patching