Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-28-2011, 09:56 PM   #1
floorlizard
floorlizard began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
HELP!!! mobi files not showing up on Kindle Touch

My daughter received a Kindle Touch for Christmas and I am ready to throw it through the window!!!! No matter how I attempt to add books to the device, they don't show up. I have dragged-and-dropped via windows explorer into the content folder... I have used Calibre to "send to the device". In both instances, the files can been seen when searched for via windows explorer. However, they do not show when we attempt to view them on the device once ejected.
Could SOMEBODY please help me out before I stomp this thing into a million pieces?
floorlizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 10:15 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Make sure there are no spaces in the filenames. Put the ebook files into the Books or Documents folder via USB (or use Calibre) and hit the Fire's disconnect button. They should show up either under Books or Docs.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2011, 10:21 PM   #3
floorlizard
floorlizard began at the beginning.

I will give that a try.. However, she has the touch, not the fire. Does that make a difference in your recomendations?
floorlizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 04:40 AM   #4
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
It is even stranger on the Touch. There have been issues on the Fire, but the Touch should definitely see your ebooks if they are in the documents folder. Make sure you can read the MOBI in Calibre. Also, you might try a MOBI from E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library - MOBI/PRC eBooks.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 12:03 PM   #5
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
download a free book from amazon via the Kindle wi-fi, then browse the kindle drive folders & see exactly where it is located.
Then drag n drop the other books from your PC to same location. Calibre should do all that automatically though ???

unless you are trying to add DRMd books that are registered to a different Kindle, but then I'd expect a "cannot open book" error, not for them to go invisible on you.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2012, 06:45 AM   #6
highwaykind
Connoisseur
highwaykind began at the beginning.

It could also be that one book might have caused an indexing problem - once you delete that all the others you added will show up.

For me I had the issue where books just would not appear underneath collections, but they would be there when I sorted by author or title. The Kindle would occasionally hang, and there would be a folder 'Items not yet indexed" when you searched when sorted by title/author.

I narrowed down which one that was by seeing which page it wouldn't load when I sorted by author/title - that way I got the first letter of the title and author.
I deleted that book, and everything was back to normal.
highwaykind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 06:51 AM   #7
falconsfire
falconsfire began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
damn i worked it out

in case anyone did something dumb like me, I loaded up 7 PDFs first, ok I can see them all. Then next I loaded a whole heap of .MOBI files, I checked why are only my PDFs showing?

Because you have to scroll to the next page!!

(I spent like 1 hour trying to work out why .MOBI files weren't working!)

Last edited by pdurrant; 08-17-2014 at 06:56 AM. Reason: Fixed typo
falconsfire is offline   Reply With Quote