Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 05-30-2011, 10:53 PM   #1
w_saunders
w_saunders began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question Converting html to ebpub - get Calibre logo on title page.

I am running the most current version of Calibre. I admit to being a very new user to the product. I have loaded a html book file into Calibre and have converted it to Epub format. My next step will be to send it on to Barnes & Noble Epub website.

However, I notice Calibre has put their logo on my title page. How can I get this removed? Is there an option that I have missed during the conversion process?

Wayne Saunders
w_saunders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:59 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura2, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by w_saunders View Post
I am running the most current version of Calibre. I admit to being a very new user to the product. I have loaded a html book file into Calibre and have converted it to Epub format. My next step will be to send it on to Barnes & Noble Epub website.

However, I notice Calibre has put their logo on my title page. How can I get this removed? Is there an option that I have missed during the conversion process?

Wayne Saunders
Yep!
Supply a cover (the one in the Library: book view will be used) when you converted.
Use tweak (with care) to replace the cover file with another of the EXACT same name and image size.
Use Sigil to replace the image
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2011, 09:09 PM   #3
richardhc
richardhc began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Logo Stamp on my ebook conversions - Really crass and intrusive

I have donated lots of time to Calibre - you can rest assured I will not donate again and will not recommend Calibre to anyone again until you either stop pasting the Calibre logo into my ebooks when I convert them or at least include an option in the conversion page NOT to include the Calibre Logo.

This is really uncalled for and offensive. People who have your program already have it - why do you feel the need to advertise to people who are already your users?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Yep!
Supply a cover (the one in the Library: book view will be used) when you converted.
Use tweak (with care) to replace the cover file with another of the EXACT same name and image size.
Use Sigil to replace the image
richardhc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 09:42 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Umm.. why not use the Generate Cover plugin to add whatever cover YOU want to a book?

I can assure you that the ONLY reason Calibre adds in it's logo is there IS no cover page for your book, and it is creating a default one.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 10:34 PM   #5
colinsky
Addict
colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, PRS-T1, PRS-T3
In the conversion settings:

EPUB OUTPUT -> Select No default cover
colinsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2011, 10:51 PM   #6
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 9.7, iPad 10.5, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardhc View Post
I have donated lots of time to Calibre - you can rest assured I will not donate again and will not recommend Calibre to anyone again until you either stop pasting the Calibre logo into my ebooks when I convert them or at least include an option in the conversion page NOT to include the Calibre Logo.

This is really uncalled for and offensive. People who have your program already have it - why do you feel the need to advertise to people who are already your users?

Did you even bother to look at the preferences before ranting here? There is certainly an option for disabling automatic cover creation for books without covers accessible via both the Preferences menu and on the actual conversion pop-up (in EPUB Output on the left).
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:17 PM   #7
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
I have donated lots of time to Calibre
Thank you for contributing your time(?), exactly what parts/features of calibre should I attribute to your efforts?

Quote:
you can rest assured I will not donate again and will not recommend Calibre to anyone again
Instead of holding your breath til you turn blue and throwing a little tantrum you might have considered asking for help.

Quote:
until you either stop pasting the Calibre logo into my ebooks when I convert them
The calibre logo is there because you have chosen to allow this. I haven't seen a calibre logo on my conversions in over 2 years.

Quote:
or at least include an option in the conversion page NOT to include the Calibre Logo.
What an excellent idea an option would be, if only Kovid had thought of this. Wait, maybe he did. Now if I were an option where would I hide. Most likely in the preferences section. Oh MY! There it is already in place under ePub output. Hold everything! If I was converting to mobi I wouldn't have that epub option.

Mmmmmmm, if only I had the option of choosing any image in the world to be used as a cover before I convert the book, or the option to generate my own cover using a plugin, or maybe the option to download the cover from the internet..... OH MY yet again, I just reviewed the features and all of these are existing options.

Quote:
The only thing uncalled for and offensive here is an adult(?) acting like a 6 year old. If you want to play here, be civil, otherwise take your toys and your time(?) and go to your room until you learn to at least pretend to be civil.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 11-10-2011 at 04:57 AM. Reason: sp
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 06:56 AM   #8
cailín-dána
Heavy Reader
cailín-dána is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.cailín-dána is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.cailín-dána is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.cailín-dána is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.cailín-dána is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.cailín-dána is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.cailín-dána is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.cailín-dána is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.cailín-dána is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.cailín-dána is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.cailín-dána is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Elonex 500eb, Kindle, Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage
What an uncalled-for rant! As has already been stated, there is most definitely an option to NOT use a default cover, just as there is one to use your own image file or a plugin to generate a cover you can tweak. Asking for help is one thing, nobody minds helping out when you are new to software, but to get stroppy and complain about a completely unfounded grievance is ridiculous and very unfair to Kovid and all the developers who put a huge amount of time and work into Calibre to make it functional, efficient and user-friendly.
cailín-dána is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 03:14 AM   #9
richardhc
richardhc began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
My sincere apologies

Oops, you are all correct. I was being ridiculous and I do apologize.

I'm going straight to the Calibre site and making another donation. Calibre is without a doubt the best there is and Kovid has done a magnificent job.

s
richardhc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
logo on title page