Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-30-2019, 06:04 PM   #1
CZ75Delta
CZ75Delta began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 631 Touch HD 2
Question Series metadata problems

Hi,

I've starting adding metadata to my e-books, but when I uploaded them to my Pocketbook Touch HD 2 only some of them are correctly identified in the series I've set in Calibre. (They work properly in Calibre itself)

I've looked in the editor and the files that don't work have their metadata like this:
Code:
    <meta property="belongs-to-collection" id="id-2">Amagi Brilliant Park</meta>
    <meta refines="#id-2" property="collection-type">series</meta>
And the ones that do:
Code:
    <meta name="calibre:series" content="Amagi Brilliant Park"/>
    <meta name="calibre:series_index" content="4.0"/>
Why is there a difference and can I make Calibre only use the second option?
Thanks!

Last edited by CZ75Delta; 05-30-2019 at 06:08 PM.
CZ75Delta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 07:22 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
The second one IS Calibre
There is no DC 'standard' for Series, thus calibre made its own (just like someone else did THEIR fix in #1).

A few devices acknowledge that Calibre is popular, and will decode the non-standard metadata it keeps with the book.

Now, you need to wonder (worry) about consistent series naming
Yup! It doesn't exist Even the publishers listing for it, changes with time
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-30-2019, 07:35 PM   #3
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
I think they're both calibre.

The first one is the EPUB3 standard (well actually it's 2 of the 3 lines calibre uses for series metadata in EPUB3. The missing line would be something like <meta refines="#id-2" property="group-position">4</meta>)

The second is EPUB2 which doesn't have an official standard, but it may as well be the calibre variety considering how many ebooks in the world will contain calibre series metadata.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 08:17 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post

The second is EPUB2 which doesn't have an official standard, but it may as well be the calibre variety considering how many ebooks in the world will contain calibre series metadata.
Yup! I see calibre footprints across a LOT of books from different publishers (not all of them 'indy')
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 10:13 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It is likely your device does not have support for EPUB 3. Do an EPUB to EPUB conversion in calibre which will convert the file to EPUB 2, then send it to the device and you should be fine.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-31-2019, 06:47 AM   #6
CZ75Delta
CZ75Delta began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 631 Touch HD 2
That worked, thank you!
CZ75Delta is offline   Reply With Quote