Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-11-2019, 12:31 PM   #241
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 & Touch HD 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 5
Is there a way to make the patch for "Increase the view details container size" work on a Clara HD with "Custom synopsis/font size" without any lines being cut? Maybe someone has figured out a safe font size?

Also, wasn't there a patch to disable the fast forward/backward flipping of pages by holding the lower corners? This feature makes it impossible to look up words in the last line in the dictionary. Or is there another way to disable it? I think I read something somewhere but I don't remember exactly...
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 05:31 PM   #242
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyOne View Post
Is there a way to make the patch for "Increase the view details container size" work on a Clara HD with "Custom synopsis/font size" without any lines being cut? Maybe someone has figured out a safe font size?
I don't have a Clara HD, so I can't really help here. I haven't had any issues on my A2 though.

Quote:
Also, wasn't there a patch to disable the fast forward/backward flipping of pages by holding the lower corners? This feature makes it impossible to look up words in the last line in the dictionary. Or is there another way to disable it? I think I read something somewhere but I don't remember exactly...
There's a configuration option, but I don't remember off the top of my head what it was called.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2019, 03:39 AM   #243
mathil
Evangelist
mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O/Glo HD/Libra 2, Kindle PW3/PW5
Hi,
is it possible to officially include the 'Set font scale factor' patch that GeoffR created in this thread in kobopatch? I mean the one that works on both kepubs and epubs, not just on epubs:

Code:
Set font scale factor:
  - Enabled: yes
  - Description: |
      This patch sets the font scale factor for ePub and KePub readers.
  # font scale factor is (current font size) / (X+32)
  # original value X=14, so (current font size) / 46 is original scale factor,
  # e.g. selecting font size 46 from the slider gives scale factor 1.0
  # allowed replacement values for X: 0-15 (smaller X --> larger scale factor)
  # ePub:
  - ReplaceInt: {Offset: 0x4A6EBA, Find: 14, Replace: 14}
  # KePub:
  - ReplaceInt: {Offset: 0xA2A5F0, Find: 14, Replace: 14}
I've already added it manually to my list of patches and I've been finding it very useful with kepubs: it helps me in finding my optimal font-size for reading across books without having to change the book's CSS manually. I don't know if it would be too difficult to maintain though...
mathil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 03:44 AM   #244
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathil View Post
Hi,
is it possible to officially include the 'Set font scale factor' patch that GeoffR created in this thread in kobopatch? I mean the one that works on both kepubs and epubs, not just on epubs:

Code:
Set font scale factor:
  - Enabled: yes
      This patch sets the font scale factor for ePub and KePub readers.
  # font scale factor is (current font size) / (X+32)
  # original value X=14, so (current font size) / 46 is original scale factor,
  # e.g. selecting font size 46 from the slider gives scale factor 1.0
  # allowed replacement values for X: 0-15 (smaller X --> larger scale factor)
  # ePub:
  - ReplaceInt: {Offset: 0x4A6EBA, Find: 14, Replace: 14}
  # KePub:
  - ReplaceInt: {Offset: 0xA2A5F0, Find: 14, Replace: 14}
I've already added it manually to my list of patches and I've been finding it very useful with kepubs: it helps me in finding my optimal font-size for reading across books without having to change the book's CSS manually. I don't know if it would be too difficult to maintain though...
It wouldn't be too hard to maintain (it would add about 15 seconds to the time to update the patches), but it's up to GeoffR if he wants to add the patch (as it's his patch).

GeoffR recently added this patch, so you might want to see if it fits your needs.

Last edited by geek1011; 06-12-2019 at 10:44 AM.
Old 06-12-2019, 08:25 AM   #245
mathil
Evangelist
mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O/Glo HD/Libra 2, Kindle PW3/PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
It wouldn't be too hard to maintain (it would add about 15 seconds to the time to update the patches), but it's up to GeoffR if he wants to add the patch.

GeoffR recently added this patch, so you might want to see if it fits your needs.
Thanks for the reply! From what I've seen the patch that has been already added only works with epubs -- which makes sense, that's where the main issue was. The patch I'm using was an alternative, which ended up solving one of my problems by happy coincidence
I would be very happy if GeoffR decided to include this in future releases as well, but if not it's fine as it is -- it's a very minor thing that is probably of no interest to other users now that it's fixed, and I'm already happy that I have the choice not to update if I want to, which is more than I had before for sure
mathil is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-20-2019, 02:58 PM   #246
geek1011
Wizard

Could @jcn363 or @jackie_w, or @GeoffR take a look at https://github.com/geek1011/kobopatc...hes/issues/16? I'm not familiar with that patch or the screensaver CSS, and it's jcn363's patch.
Old 06-20-2019, 04:20 PM   #247
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
Could @jcn363 or @jackie_w, or @GeoffR take a look at https://github.com/geek1011/kobopatc...hes/issues/16? I'm not familiar with that patch or the screensaver CSS, and it's jcn363's patch.
I don't use jcn363's full screensaver patch myself but I do have my own patch for that particular CSS stream so I can make a few general comments...

It looks to me as if all jcn363's patch is doing is changing the font-size of some of the text (battery charging status only ???) in the semi-transparent rectangular (rather large & ugly ) info panel which appears two-thirds the way down the left-hand edge of the full screensaver, obscuring some of the cover.

The ability to change the position of this panel (to one of the corners) disappeared many firmwares ago, or at least it's no longer obvious how to do it.

You can still change the size of the panel by changing the #infoWidget min/max-width value.

I'm not sure what benchen71 actually means by 'removing Sleeping'. I think it's probably possible to change the 'Sleeping' and 'Powered off' text to something you like better as they are both strings in libnickel.so.1.0.0 (D1E774). However, as they are both quite short strings I don't know how much flexibility there would be in renaming them. Overtyping them with normal spaces sounds plausible in theory.

For my own purposes I wanted to use the full, rather than small, screensaver and also be able to see at a glance whether my device is sleeping or powered off. So my own custom patch:
- significantly reduces info panel size when Powered off
- reduces info panel size to zero when Sleeping, so that the cover is fully visible.

As for 'adding the battery level'. I thought the info panel already displayed the battery level whilst sleeping if the device is currently charging. It certainly used to, but I can't say for sure because of my custom patch.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 09:30 PM   #248
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
As for 'adding the battery level'. I thought the info panel already displayed the battery level whilst sleeping if the device is currently charging. It certainly used to, but I can't say for sure because of my custom patch.
The battery charge level is still displayed when plugged in and sleeping. I can't see any really good justification for redrawing the screen during sleep to display the battery level while not charging unless a faster way to discharge the battery during sleep is needed.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 12:34 PM   #249
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
I don't use jcn363's full screensaver patch myself but I do have my own patch for that particular CSS stream so I can make a few general comments...
Thanks. I've quoted it to the GitHub issue.
Old 06-21-2019, 08:16 PM   #250
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******
BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
For my own purposes I wanted to use the full, rather than small, screensaver and also be able to see at a glance whether my device is sleeping or powered off. So my own custom patch:
- significantly reduces info panel size when Powered off
- reduces info panel size to zero when Sleeping, so that the cover is fully visible.
Hi jackie_w,
Could you share your custom patch? It would be good to see it, and then maybe work out my own custom patch.
Sincerely,
Ben.
BenChen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 08:30 PM   #251
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenChen View Post
Could you share your custom patch? It would be good to see it, and then maybe work out my own custom patch.
Here it is. It's a nickel.yaml patch:
Spoiler:
Code:
jackie_w Screensaver full:
  - Enabled: no
      On fullscreen sleep screensaver reduce size of infoWidget
      Make infoWidget invisible when Sleeping, visible when Powered Off
      N.B: Not suitable for Japanese/Chinese locale users
  - FindZlib: "#infoFrame"
  - ReplaceZlibGroup:
      Replacements:
        # free some space
        - {Find: "#batteryStatus[localeName=\"ja\"] {\n  font-family: Sans-SerifJP, sans-serif;\n  font-style: normal;\n}\n#batteryStatus[localeName=\"zh\"] {\n  font-family: Sans-SerifZH-Traditional, sans-serif;\n  font-style: normal;\n}\n#batteryStatus[localeName=\"zh-TW\"] {\n  font-family: Sans-SerifZH-Traditional, sans-serif;\n  font-style: normal;\n}\n", Replace: "\n"}
        # #infoWidget reduce width
        - {Find: "width: 470px;", Replace: "width: 320px;"} #Dragon
        - {Find: "width: 611px;", Replace: "width: 390px;"} #Daylight
        # #infoWidget, #infoFrame: reduce top/bottom/right margins
        - {Find: "Margin: 22px;", Replace: "Margin: 5px;"}  #Dragon
        - {Find: "Margin: 28px;", Replace: "Margin: 7px;"}  #Daylight
        # #infoFrame: remove Sleeping borders
        - {Find: "#infoFrame {\n  border-top: 1px solid black;\n  border-bottom: 1px solid black;\n  border-right: 1px solid black;\n}\n", Replace: "\n"}
        # #infoFrame: reduce left margin
        - {Find: "leftMargin: 44px;", Replace: "leftMargin: 5px;"}  # Dragon
        - {Find: "leftMargin: 56px;", Replace: "leftMargin: 7px;"}  # Daylight
        # #infoWidget size reduced to zero when Sleeping
        - Find:    "#batteryStatus {\n  font-family: Georgia;\n}"
          Replace: "#infoWidget[powerOffView=false] {\n  min-width:0px; max-width:0px;\n  min-height:0px; max-height:0px;\n  qproperty-topMargin:0px; qproperty-bottomMargin:0px;\n  qproperty-leftMargin:0px; qproperty-rightMargin:0px;\n}\n#batteryStatus {\n  font-family: Avenir;\n}"

Please note I've only patched values for Dragon/Daylight Kobo models. But it looks like you have a GloHD (which uses Dragon values for this particular patch) so it should be OK for you.
Old 06-28-2019, 03:20 AM   #252
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******
BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Thanks, jackie_w. That's very helpful, especially the bit about GloHD's codename being Dragon. I had been wondering which one applied to my device!
BenChen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 06:06 PM   #253
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenChen View Post
Thanks, jackie_w. That's very helpful, especially the bit about GloHD's codename being Dragon. I had been wondering which one applied to my device!
Just for clarification, the codename of the GloHD is Alyssum not Dragon. However, many CSS streams inside nickel (including the one which controls the full-size screensaver) do not set specific values for Alyssum for all variables. As far as I can tell, in the absence of Alyssum values, Dragon values are used instead.

Last edited by jackie_w; 06-28-2019 at 06:09 PM.
Old 07-04-2019, 07:59 AM   #254
imakai
imakai began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite
Wink Pocket articls delete option : Remove from Pocket

Thanks for Kobo-patch always!

I would like to change to delete pocket articls option from 'Remove download' to 'Remove from Pocket'.

Whenever I read pocket articles of Kobo, and then it's so inconvenient to delete articls that I saw.

Or,

Without the option page to choose 'Remove download' or 'Remove from Pocket',
Run removing article from pocket.

Any of them, It will be very good for Kobo pocket users in my opinion.

Thanks
imakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 06:49 PM   #255
droopy
Guru
droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Rather than hyperlinks being gray & underlined, i'd prefer black & dotted underlined

Someone who read my thread suggested I post on this kobopatch request thread.

Currently, all hyperlinked text in my Kobo Forma kepubs appear as gray. I reckon that's how the Forma "converts" purple/blue hyperlinks. I'd prefer the hyperlinks to have greater contrast (i.e. be darker or black). So rather than gray hyperlink text, I'd rather have some other signifier of hyperlinks, say, dotted underlines. Is something like this available?

Last edited by droopy; 09-05-2019 at 02:23 AM.
droopy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobopatch, patches, patching, request, requests