Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-16-2014, 11:28 PM   #61
Piepan
Connoisseur
Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere in the middle of MN
Device: Kindle Fire HD6, Kindle Fire HD (Gen1), KT (original), KK, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piepan View Post
Good question.

Amazon says the credit will be applied when the order ships.

I just had a No Rush order, that supposedly got me a $1 ebook credit, and it has shipped as of today, but no credit yet for me.

I'll give it 24 hours or so, but a contact with Amazon Customer Service may be in order.
I waited the 24 hours, and still no email such as I had previously been getting for the Video credits, and no reflection anywhere on my account of any promo credit. The video credits previously offered for no-rush shipping had always applied automatically and I would get an email saying I had a promotional credit and "click here for T&C" and telling me when it would expire etc. I think the software update that was supposed to go along with the change over to a kindle/book credit may have some pieces that need to be applied or reapplied, because this time it was certainly not "automatic".

I clicked Help and Get Help by Phone and they called me. It wasn't a particularly quick call, but it did end with me getting a credit applied to my account.

If you are still waiting and your purchase has shipped it may be worthwhile contacting customer service. (worth $1, at any rate).
Piepan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 04:53 PM   #62
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
I received my email that the credit was applied to my account, but I don't see it and the email doesn't tell me where to look. It just says that when I buy a book it will be applied. That's what I hate about 1click - I have no way of knowing how much I have paid until after I pay.

In the past I've gone to this page and clicked on check your balance to see a credit but it's not there - is there somewhere other than this page to see your balance - http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...=1000811661#gc
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2014, 05:22 PM   #63
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I swear every time I complain on here someone from Amazon is listening and knows who I am. This morning I was shocked to see both my packages upgraded and will be here tomorrow.

Last time I said something like this on here my packages for that week all came early.

Well whoever you are THANK YOU!!
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 01:51 PM   #64
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjack21 View Post
For me the $1 credit is not worth the extra wait for what I have ordered. If I was not on prime the difference in cost of 2 day verses normal ground is considerably more than $1. So to entice me to choose this offer they would need to increase the credit by at least double maybe even tripple it then I would consider it. But at a $1 no way.
Especially since there are times with Prime that I still have it take like 5 days to get to me. If I order something on Wednesday night or later, I don't plan on getting it till the next week.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 03:55 PM   #65
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
I placed an order last night, and it said that the $1 credit will go to either a book or an eBook.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2014, 12:03 PM   #66
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
I gave this a try with 2 small orders, stuff I didn't need right away. I won't be doing that again. I ordered the times in separate orders on the 17th. Today is the 24th. It has been in preparing for shipping since 3 days ago. Noting moved.

I get that this way means slower shipping, but this is ridiculous.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 01:19 PM   #67
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post

I don't find it surprising. Before I was a Prime member, it often took 2-3 weeks before I received an order.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 01:39 PM   #68
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
"Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery" is still ingrained in my brain from my youth. Anything in the 1-6 day range is still pretty darn amazing to me. So when I explicitly tell someone to "take their time" with my order ... it's because I simply don't care how long it takes. The dollar is just a bonus. Anything in that week to 10 days range is fine by me.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 02:04 PM   #69
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
I don't find it surprising. Before I was a Prime member, it often took 2-3 weeks before I received an order.
2-3 weeks? Was this for in stock items?
Old 09-24-2014, 02:47 PM   #70
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
I gave this a try with 2 small orders, stuff I didn't need right away. I won't be doing that again. I ordered the times in separate orders on the 17th. Today is the 24th. It has been in preparing for shipping since 3 days ago. Noting moved.

well I have to say thank you all for your sacrifices on the shipping it has improved my Prime times to normal 2 days. I am getting my orders now in two days instead of four. I guess they were overwhelmed but it seems offering ebook credit fixed that.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 04:42 PM   #71
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
2-3 weeks? Was this for in stock items?
Yes. Household items. Books. DVDs. The long wait times were what finally got me to purchase a Prime Membership.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 01:40 PM   #72
Anthem
Guru
Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, OnePlus Nord
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
Yes. Household items. Books. DVDs. The long wait times were what finally got me to purchase a Prime Membership.
The long wait times, rather than causing me to give Amazon MORE money, caused me to switch my physical book purchases over to Barnes & Noble. Around here, BN ships much faster.
Anthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 02:20 PM   #73
Rich_D
Fanatic
Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Kobo Glo HD, nook ST with Glo (backup)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjack21 View Post
For me the $1 credit is not worth the extra wait for what I have ordered. If I was not on prime the difference in cost of 2 day verses normal ground is considerably more than $1. So to entice me to choose this offer they would need to increase the credit by at least double maybe even triple it then I would consider it. But at a $1 no way.
This.

The 2-day shipping is the main reason I'm a prime member, a buck isn't enough incentive for me to give it up.

As to the shipping times, I rarely have issues with getting the 2 day shipments in time, but the last couple times I've paid for next day shipping, the order didn't arrive on time and I had to contact Amazon for credit.
Rich_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 02:23 PM   #74
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
well I have to say thank you all for your sacrifices on the shipping it has improved my Prime times to normal 2 days. I am getting my orders now in two days instead of four. I guess they were overwhelmed but it seems offering ebook credit fixed that.
I aim to please.

I am still in prepared for shipping. 8 days now. And of course one of the orders was the cover for my Nexus you recommended. I read on the thing naked since I got it, so I didn't need it fast. But holy moly, I didn't know they still have make the thing.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 02:44 PM   #75
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

I did a no rush shipping order on 9-18 and it just today changed to
Quote:
Shipping now
Delivery estimate: Thursday, September 25, 2014 - Monday, September 29, 2014 by 8pm
I also ordered something yesterday with Prime and I hoped it would ship with it, but no. Funny thing is the delivery estimate has today's date and it still hasn't shipped.