Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-21-2019, 08:22 AM   #1216
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo,Aura H2O,Glo HD,Aura ONE,Clara HD,Forma;tolino epos
PM sent.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 07:03 PM   #1217
Kat78
Kat78 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Hi all.

I've somehow bricked my Kobo and after various bits of troubleshooting and assume my internal SD card is corrupt. Could someone send me a image file for a Glo? Thank you.

Apologies if I'm not using the correct terminology, I'm new to all this.

I also have a couple of Noddy & Big Ears style questions I need to ask. Can I ask them here or is there a better thread?

Thank you
Kat78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 09:46 PM   #1218
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent.

This thread is intended for requests for images for the Glo. Unless the questions are about that, then it better to ask elsewhere. If by "Noddy & Big Ears style questions" you mean simple or basic questions, then they have probably been asked and searching the forum should find the answer. Otherwise, start a new thread and ask away.
Old 06-08-2019, 03:43 AM   #1219
Kat78
Kat78 began at the beginning.

Thank you David. You're a star. I'm searching but as I don't understand a lot of the technical jargon I'm struggling in places. This is only day 4 for me of the inner brains of a Kobo but I'm sure I'll get there!
Kat78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 05:03 PM   #1220
seb.sw
seb.sw began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo hd
Hi,

I have made a wrong manip with the SD card in Kobo Glo HD (basically I have formatted the card with my computer).

Could somebody send me an image for this kobo?

Thank you,
Seb
seb.sw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 08:33 PM   #1221
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 06-10-2019, 03:06 PM   #1222
LucaB
LucaB began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO GLO N613
Hi all,
could someone send me a SD image for my Kobo Glo (model N613). Something went wrong after a factory reset and now I cannot finalize the procedure.

Thanks in advance
LucaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 08:07 PM   #1223
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent. But...

What is going wrong? If the device is starting and showing any screens, it is unlikely that the image will help. If it is failing during the setup, connect to a PC and use the Kobo desktop application, or sideload a firmware version of 3.19 or later. This might be hitting issues with Kobo dropping support for older security protocols on their server.
Old 06-11-2019, 02:17 AM   #1224
LucaB

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
PM sent. But...

What is going wrong? If the device is starting and showing any screens, it is unlikely that the image will help. If it is failing during the setup, connect to a PC and use the Kobo desktop application, or sideload a firmware version of 3.19 or later. This might be hitting issues with Kobo dropping support for older security protocols on their server.
Thanks again.
During the factory reset, after setting language and time, the device required a pc or a wireless connection but both the options failed. I tried the factory reset because the device could not more be detected by a pc (even if it could synchronize and update regularly via wireless). Now I will try a new SD with the image you sent me. If it does not work I will look again for the prompt support of the mobileread people.
Old 06-11-2019, 03:22 AM   #1225
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucaB View Post
Thanks again.
During the factory reset, after setting language and time, the device required a pc or a wireless connection but both the options failed. I tried the factory reset because the device could not more be detected by a pc (even if it could synchronize and update regularly via wireless). Now I will try a new SD with the image you sent me. If it does not work I will look again for the prompt support of the mobileread people.
The image won't change it. The problem is the version of the firmware the factory reset installs. For a Glo, this is probably version 2.1.4. This used older security protocols for the HTTPs requests to get the firmware updates and do the setup. You will either need to use the Kobo desktop application to do the setup. This will also put the latest available firmware on the device. Or connect to the PC and manually put newer firmware on the device. When you disconnect, the device will update the firmware and everything should be OK. If you do this, you need to use at least firmware version 3.19.5761.
Old 06-11-2019, 06:51 PM   #1226
Hansholm
Hansholm began at the beginning.

Hello,

I have a bricked Kobo Glo (2GB internal SD).
Tried to use an image from another Kobo Glo with a 4GB internal SD but that didn't work.
Can somebody please provide the correct image?

Thanks
Hansholm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 07:52 PM   #1227
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 06-12-2019, 03:20 AM   #1228
LucaB

Following your indications I have managed to put a newer firmware on the device, which has eventually finalized the updating. Now I can use again my old Kobo Glo.
Thanks again!
Old 06-15-2019, 06:26 PM   #1229
hruske
hruske began at the beginning.

Could I have the image too? Thanks
hruske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 08:59 PM   #1230
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.