Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 05-09-2019, 10:42 AM   #1036
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Spam zapped. It's more helpful to the moderators to report spam using the [!] report button, rather than commenting on it in-thread.
Sometimes it is difficult to be certain that a line has been crossed.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 01:15 PM   #1037
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
Sometimes it is difficult to be certain that a line has been crossed.
In those cases, the moderators would still prefer that suspect posts be reported so that they can make the call. No harm has been done if they decide a post can be left to stand, but engaging with spammers bumps their posts and draws more attention to them as well as requiring more clean up in the thread when a mod becomes aware of it.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 05:55 PM   #1038
Ladyrixx
Zealot
Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro, Kobo Mini, Nook Glowlight 2, Kobo Forma
Huh. Slightly useful spam though. I have a handful of albums I bought when I still had an ipod that I haven't been able to play for years. Wonder if it works for the books you could buy through Apple too?
Ladyrixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 08:16 PM   #1039
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Even when Itunes sold DRM-ed music could burn them to CDs. Once burned to a CD you can then rip them to MP3s.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 12:13 PM   #1040
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by radius View Post
I see that you have this working now, but for what it's worth, I've been using inept et al. since early i(heart)cabbages days on Linux and Mac but after switching to Windows a few months ago I also futzed with this for a while before just giving in and installing Calibre.

My impression is that pretty much everyone on Windows uses Calibre for this kind of thing anyway so the command line and scripts are kind of underdeveloped there; and it's just a pain to setup the development environment.

OTOH, you can setup Ubuntu on Windows now
Dunno. I only use the scripts. Easier for me to read thru, set up parameters, debug when they fail, all set up on a separate PC from where Calibre resides.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 09:29 AM   #1041
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by apprenticeharper View Post
The way the decryption key for the values in the key file is generated has changed. It'll need more code changes than I'd hoped.

And I forgot that there was a separate section to find the key file on the Mac.

So some reverse engineering/debugging is required to find the new method.

Harper.
Ah, maybe that's why ADE complained last time i asked it to download a book. **sighs**

I used bookari on andoid for download, everything went fine.

I wish publishers would stop this drm nonsense.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 10:21 AM   #1042
lkmiller
Laura
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Elipsa, Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8", Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
Ah, maybe that's why ADE complained last time i asked it to download a book. **sighs**

I used bookari on andoid for download, everything went fine.

I wish publishers would stop this drm nonsense.
That was referring to the Kindle changes. So something with Adobe DRM was a different issue. Books from ADE 2.0.1 are still working with the latest DeDRM plugin for me.
lkmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 05:53 PM   #1043
MickiTee
Guru
MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Pocketbook TL3, TL4, TL5
Version 6.7.0 of the DeDRM Tools has been released.

Details are at Apprentice Alf's blog and Apprentice Harper's github repository.
MickiTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 10:02 PM   #1044
Gardenman
Wizard
Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350,Nook HD+, Kindle 2nd gen, kindle keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickiTee View Post
Version 6.7.0 of the DeDRM Tools has been released.

Details are at Apprentice Alf's blog and Apprentice Harper's github repository.
Thanks
Gardenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 12:18 PM   #1045
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
Apologies for a stupid question, but where is the download button for the file? Thank you.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 12:37 PM   #1046
Slipkid
Enthusiast
Slipkid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slipkid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slipkid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slipkid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slipkid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slipkid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slipkid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slipkid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slipkid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slipkid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slipkid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaBookGuy View Post
Apologies for a stupid question, but where is the download button for the file? Thank you.
there's a github link 10 lines down from the top of the page.
Slipkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 03:30 AM   #1047
apprenticeharper
Apprentices Against DRM
apprenticeharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apprenticeharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apprenticeharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apprenticeharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apprenticeharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apprenticeharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apprenticeharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apprenticeharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apprenticeharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apprenticeharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apprenticeharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus Laptop
Version 6.8.0 has just been released. This adds in the changes by Apprentice Sakuya, and so now supports Kindle for Mac/PC 2.8.
apprenticeharper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 07:53 AM   #1048
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Thanks for all of your work

Is Apprentice Alf still active, or does he "only" do the hosting these days? (Or even, just left the site under this name and transferred it to you). I ask because on the Apprentice Alf blog the posts are still under his name, but the links go to your Github repository.

Last edited by Katsunami; 06-23-2020 at 07:56 AM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 12:42 PM   #1049
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I recently bought a nook GlowLight Plus, and do had to upgrade Calibre to a version that "knows" this device. My existing tools plug-in (version 6.0.7) still works fine, but if I try to reconfigure it, I get an error, "AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'ConfigWidget'"

Should I just leave it alone, and continue to use my old plug-in? If I update to the latest, will I have to re-enter all of the appropriate keys?
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 12:51 PM   #1050
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtw View Post
I recently bought a nook GlowLight Plus, and do had to upgrade Calibre to a version that "knows" this device. My existing tools plug-in (version 6.0.7) still works fine, but if I try to reconfigure it, I get an error, "AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'ConfigWidget'"

Should I just leave it alone, and continue to use my old plug-in? If I update to the latest, will I have to re-enter all of the appropriate keys?
You can use the old plugin. I have not updated my tools for years, because there's been no need. They work fine. Update when you run into problems.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote