Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 09-17-2009, 02:05 PM   #16
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demented View Post
I just got an update from Irex on the release of the 8.1 inch model. Their public relations manager replied to my comment on their blog with a "Winter 2010". So it's been pushed back until at least Q1 2010.
FYI, that comment on the blog was a typo. We discussed it in another thread, but I contacted iRex and they confirmed that they meant to say "Winter 2009" (and have since updated the blog).
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 11:03 AM   #17
whiteorca
whiteorca began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floeee View Post
oh man, i think you have to gonna wait a long time for this or to spend a lot of money

i think this will not come until mid 2011
Bad thing is, I do believe you are right

but everything comes, eventually
whiteorca is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2009, 11:49 AM   #18
Demented
Connoisseur
Demented began at the beginning.

Device: DR800SG, Nook, Cybook Original
You'd think Irex would have released more details about the device and pricing if it was only a scant month from shipping. I just went back and looked at her reply to my blog comment and she said next month so an October release.

Last edited by Demented; 09-18-2009 at 11:53 AM.
Demented is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 01:29 PM   #19
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
It's not that surprising. The more details they give out now about a new device, the fewer current devices they will sell. Keeping it a little bit of mystery means that they will continue to sell iLiads for the next month or so. It's pretty standard practice for companies.

They've asked that I not pass on some of what they've shared with me, but I can say that based on what I've heard I'm pretty excited about the new device.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote