Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 06-22-2023, 05:02 AM   #1
readthinksurvive
Connoisseur
readthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmos

Device: kindle oasis; kobo elipsa/libra; pocketbook 741; SNA4X
Talking Showcase ereaders decoration

Hello I tried to find an active thread that discusses or shows picture of how people decorate their ereaders , like they do in kindle on Reddit, but I did not find any thread on here, do you guys not want to have a thread like that or is there one I can’t find it pls link me,
Also want it to be like those threads “post your font settings or what book are you reading… etc “ like ongoing thread that doesn’t die as long as people have something to contribute or unless don’t like it.
I think it’s good we have a thread like that so other people can refer to one specific place when they need new ideas or some inspiration or just want to browse how others did there’s
readthinksurvive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2023, 05:18 AM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
You can create a thread like that if you want.

As for me, I don't decorate my ereaders in any way, that would distract me from reading. I don't even use a case. When not reading, I keep my readers in a sleeve.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2023, 10:22 AM   #3
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
I don't decorate my reader at all. I've checked out the DecalGirl skins. I'd love to have a red reader. But I get so stressed trying to apply things like screen protectors and whatnot, so I've never bought a skin.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2023, 11:08 AM   #4
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
But I get so stressed trying to apply things like screen protectors and whatnot, so I've never bought a skin.
You're not alone. I couldn't apply a skin or a screen protector evenly if my life depended on it, so I've stopped trying.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2023, 11:14 AM   #5
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
The only time I ever used Decal Grl skins was back in the Sony PRS-X50 days, when I had two shiny silver bezels that I really wanted covered. But otherwise, the value wouldn't be there for me; those things are expensive! If you combined the cost of an OEM cover (which I won't buy either unless greatly reduced) with a Decal Girl skin, you could have another reader (practically ).
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2023, 12:10 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Nice Red sleep cover. It is 99% for protection, which I HAVE tested more than once (falls off the bed when I nod off). The 1% is it has to have some color, so I want to choose that)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2023, 05:26 PM   #7
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
The Reddit Kindle forum seems to be a popular place to display decorated Kindles. I do not understand the motivation for doing so.

I have not used any cover much less decals for a number of years (since front light Kindles came out).

I reluctantly got one for my Scribe. I found it necessary to have a more stable way to park the Pen than magnet alone allows for, and a case makes it easier to hold. I started with a clear case (lightest option) but found that it attracted lint and made it harder to wipe the screen. Now I'm using an origami cover, which is heavier, but more functional.

Last edited by tomsem; 06-22-2023 at 05:37 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2023, 07:23 PM   #8
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Mine is for reading not for other people to look at and try to decide if my decorations are in good taste or are ridiculously vile.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2023, 11:02 AM   #9
hildea
Wizard
hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch Lux (had Onyx Boox Poke 3 and BeBook Neo earlier)
I've made handsewn covers for my ereaders, both for practicality and for decoration. I want to shove my book in a backpack without worrying about the screen being scratched, and I made a wriststrap so I don't risk dropping it in the snow when the bus suddenly arrives when I'm deep in a book.

But I also want it to look nice. My profile picture is from my previous cover, but I found that light blue shows grime very quickly. My current cover is made from worn-out black jeans. I haven't decided how to decorate it yet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20230625_164823.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	665.5 KB
ID:	202290  
hildea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2023, 12:34 PM   #10
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hildea View Post
My profile picture is from my previous cover...
I'd always figured you were a fan of Krazy Kat and Ignatz.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2023, 01:03 PM   #11
hildea
Wizard
hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch Lux (had Onyx Boox Poke 3 and BeBook Neo earlier)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I'd always figured you were a fan of Krazy Kat and Ignatz.
Oh, yes, I am!

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Herriman
There be those bristling of brain, deep of mind, and of great girth of cranium,
but short of sentiment, narrow of heart, and pygmies of passion
who tell us in wide and wieldy words, weighty with wisdom, that the moon is cold.
So much for them.
hildea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2023, 01:43 PM   #12
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
I'm boring. I've never even applied stickers to a laptop.
For devices, black is my favorite color.
Although, my B&N Glow '21 has a yellow cover (my actual favorite color).
OTOH, I never use it.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
decorative, ereader, showcase, thread that never ends