Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-31-2022, 04:32 AM   #1
Phssthpok
Age improves with wine.
Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Libra II
Sudden change to my Kindle's home screen

I have a few collections on my Kindle Oasis: Read, Corrected, PDF, and Catalogue. Until today, these have been the first items on my home screen, followed by my uncollected books in "recent" order. Empty collections did not show up.

Suddenly, for no apparent reason (no firmware updates -- I use the Kindle in Airplane mode at all times to conserve the battery) this has changed.

Empty collections now show up, labelled "no items". When I look at a book in a collection, it appears on the home screen along with my uncollected items instead of staying in the collection. The collections are now also sorted by "recent" order instead of appearing at the top of the first page, so when I upload new books, the collections move down the list and disappear onto the next page.

I have tried "All" vs. "Downloaded" -- no difference. I have tried removing the affected books from the collection they belong to and adding them again, but they still show up mixed in my my uncollected books. I have Filter = Books and Sort = Recent. Changing these makes no difference either. I have tried restarting the Kindle. (I would sacrifice a chicken if I had one.)

Any ideas what has happened, and how I can restore order to the chaos?
Phssthpok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 01:18 PM   #2
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Have you checked your firmware number to confirm that the Oasis hasn’t updated?
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2022, 01:18 PM   #3
Phssthpok
Age improves with wine.
Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Have you checked your firmware number to confirm that the Oasis hasn’t updated?
Definitely no firmware update.

However, I deselected the filter completely (didn't realise you could do that) and got back to almost normal, except that empty collections show up (they didn't use to).

Still have no idea why this happened!
Old 06-01-2022, 02:02 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phssthpok View Post
Definitely no firmware update.

However, I deselected the filter completely (didn't realise you could do that) and got back to almost normal, except that empty collections show up (they didn't use to).

Still have no idea why this happened!
Most likely because Amazon hides some of the new features and eventually activates them. So chances are you got hit by new features.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2022, 06:12 AM   #5
Phssthpok
Age improves with wine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Most likely because Amazon hides some of the new features and eventually activates them. So chances are you got hit by new features.
Since I never, but NEVER, connect to wi-fi, I don't see how that could happen.
Advert

Tags
collections, home screen, oasis