Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 12-31-2020, 08:37 AM   #1
KathyJM
Enthusiast
KathyJM began at the beginning.

Device: Android tablet (& Kobo Glo HD)
Series/collection info not on Kobo when copied from Calibre

I've just got a new Kobo Libra and have started copying my library.

In Calibre, I have the metadata in Series and Number fields, but when I copied the books to the Kobo the information doesn't appear in either series or collections (I don't understand the difference).

Is there a Calibre plugin, or a method of getting the information to show? Very few of my books were purchased from Kobo.

Last edited by KathyJM; 12-31-2020 at 08:44 AM.
KathyJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 08:44 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The way this works is to send the books to the device, disconnect the device and let it import the books. Then connect the device again and the driver will update the series information.

Collections are handled differently, but, you need to configure this yourself. Sending the series info is on by default.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2020, 09:15 AM   #3
KathyJM
Enthusiast
KathyJM began at the beginning.

Device: Android tablet (& Kobo Glo HD)
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The way this works is to send the books to the device, disconnect the device and let it import the books. Then connect the device again and the driver will update the series information.

Collections are handled differently, but, you need to configure this yourself. Sending the series info is on by default.
Many thanks for your quick and simple reply!
KathyJM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, collections, kobo, medatata, series