Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-13-2019, 06:21 AM   #76
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker
pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
The connect/cancel popup? I seem to remember there is a setting in "Kobo eReader.conf" to allow connecting without that popup. I don't have my computer here so can't check it at the moment though I think a search on the Kobo forum would find it.
just saw this. thanks.
pghaworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 06:34 AM   #77
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker
pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD
there was a patch I applied about rotating the screen. I see the icon in the top bar now but it doesn't auto rotate when that option is selected. it will do landscape.

did I do something wrong in configuring that patch? I simply said yes

thanks
pghaworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2019, 06:37 AM   #78
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I made a mistake about the patch. The patch does automatically put the device in connect mode. But I even so, it's a bad idea. There are sometimes when you ca6n go to charge the device that it thinks it's connected to a computer when it's not and it would then connect automatically and you would not be able to read while charging. Also, I'm not sure what would happen if you unplug the device while in connect mode. Would it cause the database to become corrupt because it wasn't properly ejected?

So really, applying the DeveloperSettings - AutoUsbGadget: patch is a bad idea if you want to be able to read while charging.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 06:54 AM   #79
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I made a mistake about the patch. The patch does automatically put the device in connect mode. But I even so, it's a bad idea. There are sometimes when you ca6n go to charge the device that it thinks it's connected to a computer when it's not and it would then connect automatically and you would not be able to read while charging. Also, I'm not sure what would happen if you unplug the device while in connect mode. Would it cause the database to become corrupt because it wasn't properly ejected?

So really, applying the DeveloperSettings - AutoUsbGadget: patch is a bad idea if you want to be able to read while charging.
There are absolutely no issues with unplugging when it is in this mode. The issue is if PC mounted the drive and didn't disconnect properly. And it depends on the charger. And the convenience of not having to remember to tap the connect button each time you plug the device in.

And as will most things, it is a personal preference that the person who uses it can make a decision about.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 10:01 AM   #80
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghaworth View Post
there was a patch I applied about rotating the screen. I see the icon in the top bar now but it doesn't auto rotate when that option is selected. it will do landscape.

did I do something wrong in configuring that patch? I simply said yes

thanks
AFAIK The Clara doesn’t natively support rotation the patch only changes software to allow the screen to rotate it can’t add the hardware to tell when the device is rotated.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2019, 10:13 AM   #81
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
AFAIK The Clara doesn’t natively support rotation the patch only changes software to allow the screen to rotate it can’t add the hardware to tell when the device is rotated.
I can probably put together a patch to get rid of the auto rotate item.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 10:33 AM   #82
the_Pan
Connoisseur
the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Kobo Forma, Pocketbook Era
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
For anyone who is interested in using the overrides section of the kobopatch.yaml instead of editing the .yaml files in the src directory, I've attached a list of the settings I created.
Thanks for sharing, very useful
the_Pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 10:36 AM   #83
the_Pan
Connoisseur
the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Kobo Forma, Pocketbook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Does the swap header/footer still require both header and footer to be displayed to work correctly?
It seems so
the_Pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 11:06 AM   #84
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Does the swap header/footer still require both header and footer to be displayed to work correctly?
What happens if you add "- ReplaceBytes: {Offset: 0xADEABE, FindH: D8 69, ReplaceH: 18 69}" to the patch?

Edit: I just tried, and it doesn't do anything except cause a segfault when changing the header progress type.

Last edited by geek1011; 12-13-2019 at 05:13 PM.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 01:07 PM   #85
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmapr View Post
Yep, worked like a charm, thanks! I would think that it would be useful to have the template in the patch file just so that people don't have to copy/paste one of the other blocks, even if the patch itself would be a no-op (replacing Courier with Courier).
I've submitted an updated patch to geek1011's GitHub site for his consideration. If he accepts it, it should be included in the next release (which may be within the next few days).

Quote:
Oh, and I'm sure you know this already but just wanted to confirm that your Custom GUI system fonts beta1 patch is working its magic in 4.19 without a hitch
Yay! Sometimes altruism is its own reward.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 01:14 PM   #86
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Can Semwize's addition to the Custom new header/footer font patch in post #17 of this thread be added to the patches?
Old 12-13-2019, 01:22 PM   #87
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Can Semwize's addition to the Custom new header/footer font patch in post #17 of this thread be added to the patches?
I did it yesterday. It should be included in the next release.
Old 12-13-2019, 02:07 PM   #88
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
I did it yesterday. It should be included in the next release.
Thank you.
Old 12-13-2019, 05:05 PM   #89
dmapr
Evangelist
dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
I've submitted an updated patch to geek1011's GitHub site for his consideration. If he accepts it, it should be included in the next release (which may be within the next few days).

Yay! Sometimes altruism is its own reward.
Thanks jackie_w! According to his comment he will accept it

So… do you think it's time to graduate the Custom GUI system fonts from beta1 to RC or (gasp!) GA?
dmapr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 05:29 PM   #90
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
So… do you think it's time to graduate the Custom GUI system fonts from beta1 to RC or (gasp!) GA?
I'm not sure whether it's a bit niche to be an official patch. After all, my quick & dirty 'Custom GUI system fonts beta1' patch only targets the GUI for book lists.

I had the impression that the conclusion from our recent thread about Kobo GUI for unsupported languages was that the best method for giving the GUI a full facelift font-wise, was by fully renaming (internal/external) your GUI serif font-of-choice to Georgia then sideloading it to the /fonts directory. And similarly renaming your "best" sans-serif font to 'Avenir Next'. No need for any patches if you do it this way. Plus it will survive firmware upgrades.

I've done this on the 2 Kobos I actually read on with no obvious ill effects. Of course I don't really need it because English speakers don't have the Kobo GUI problems that Russian, Vietnamese, Chinese readers do, but it doesn't harm to test these things long-term to see if any snags crop up.

Last edited by jackie_w; 12-13-2019 at 05:52 PM.

Tags
kobopatch, patch, patch32lsb, patches, patching