Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-12-2019, 12:08 PM   #31
icallaci
Guru
icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I'll give it a try here and let you know if it works.
Thank you.
icallaci is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 12:33 PM   #32
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by icallaci View Post
Thank you.
Yes, it works for me. I was able to get a monospace font using font-famlily: monospace;

I have Courier Prime as the font in fonts.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2019, 01:02 PM   #33
dmapr
Evangelist
dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Yes, if you don't want to use Courier you should be able to use the new Find: strings from fw 4.19 and your old working custom Replace: strings from 4.18. e.g.
Code:
  - FindReplaceString: {Find: "/normal/Courier", Replace: "/normal/Dark"}
  - FindReplaceString: {Find: "/bold/Courier", Replace: "/bold/Dark"}
  - FindReplaceString: {Find: "/italic/Courier", Replace: "/italic/Dark"}
  - FindReplaceString: {Find: "/bolditalic/Courier", Replace: "/bolditalic/Dark"}
If there are a lot of people voicing concern about the removal of the monospace patch then we can consider putting it back in.
Thanks, jackie_w. And it's the same as the old one in the sense that it's doing prefix matching, right? So if my monospace font name is longer than 7 characters I just put the first 7 into the replace string and it'll get picked up?
dmapr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 01:04 PM   #34
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Yes, it works for me. I was able to get a monospace font using font-famlily: monospace;

I have Courier Prime as the font in fonts.
I've just tested it. It worked for me, too. In a standard epub, on an unpatched H2O, with sideloaded Courier Prime.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 01:18 PM   #35
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmapr View Post
Thanks, jackie_w. And it's the same as the old one in the sense that it's doing prefix matching, right? So if my monospace font name is longer than 7 characters I just put the first 7 into the replace string and it'll get picked up?
Yes, to the best of my knowledge, that should do the trick.

It can be <=7 chars, but it needs to be enough so that the device can't get confused if you have fontnames with similar prefixes.
Advert
Old 12-12-2019, 01:28 PM   #36
icallaci
Guru
icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
I've just tested it. It worked for me, too. In a standard epub, on an unpatched H2O, with sideloaded Courier Prime.
Hmmm, thanks to both JSWolf and jackie_w. I'm going to play with this some more and see if I can figure out what's going on. Thanks again.
Old 12-12-2019, 02:17 PM   #37
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by icallaci View Post
Hmmm, thanks to both JSWolf and jackie_w. I'm going to play with this some more and see if I can figure out what's going on. Thanks again.
Here is a link to the Google Fonts page for Courier Prime where you can download it.

https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Co...=Courier+Prime
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 02:36 PM   #38
icallaci
Guru

Quote:
Here is a link to the Google Fonts page for Courier Prime where you can download it.

https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Co...=Courier+Prime
Thank you. I will try redownloading and reinstalling the font to see if something got messed up the first time.
Old 12-12-2019, 02:38 PM   #39
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
I looked two topics (about firmware 4.19 and about patches for it) and did not notice any complaints about any errors in the firmware. I can’t even believe it ...
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 02:42 PM   #40
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize View Post
I looked two topics (about firmware 4.19 and about patches for it) and did not notice any complaints about any errors in the firmware. I can’t even believe it ...
It's only been 24 hours, give 'em time to work up a head of steam ...
Old 12-12-2019, 03:20 PM   #41
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize View Post
There's a bug with the pop-up menus and screen refreshing not working properly near the borders.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 03:37 PM   #42
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker
pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD
need a bit of help please. I'm to a point where I'd like to set up my patch yaml file but I don't see actual patch info here. where do I find the patches that will work with this particular patch? did I miss it somehow? I know at least one I want, but I'd like to see a list like with the patch here for Clara

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=300125

specifically there are two I would like
remove Kobo stuff/links from home screen
freedom to advanced fonts control

thanks in advance. this is great stuff. thank you all!

Last edited by pghaworth; 12-12-2019 at 03:46 PM.
pghaworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 03:52 PM   #43
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghaworth View Post
need a bit of help please. I'm to a point where I'd like to set up my patch yaml file but I don't see actual patch info here. where do I find the patches that will work with this particular patch? did I miss it somehow? I know at least one I want, but I'd like to see a list like with the patch here for Clara

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=300125

specifically there are two I would like
remove Kobo stuff/links from home screen
freedom to advanced fonts control

thanks in advance. this is great stuff. thank you all!
All the patches are included in the kobopatch .zip file, there is no need to hunt for the download links of the individual patches. Extract the files from the kobopatch.zip, open the yaml files in the .src folder with Notepad or someting like that, and read the descriptions there. Then enable those you want.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 03:58 PM   #44
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker
pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
All the patches are included in the kobopatch .zip file, there is no need to hunt for the download links of the individual patches. Extract the files from the kobopatch.zip, open the yaml files in the .src folder with Notepad or someting like that, and read the descriptions there. Then enable those you want.
got it. thanks. really appreciate the clarification.
Old 12-12-2019, 03:59 PM   #45
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker

is there also a patch to remove the connection notice? hate having to dismiss it each time. if I don't want to connect I will eject. thanks.

Tags
kobopatch, patch, patch32lsb, patches, patching