Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-03-2020, 10:21 PM   #1
Scaledish
A friend
Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Bit of help understanding modding

Hi, there is a few things I would like to know about kobo modding, as I am new to it.
1. how to get the full games patch (page 2 too!)
2. how to get Kobo Launcher
3. how to get Pb chess
4. how to get custom images thing
5. know what the hell is up with nickel, what is it?
I don't want to do anything that can brick my 250$ device (unless its a result of being stupid), or hardware-based (aside from removing the sd card). it would be helpful if I got a step by step for the how-to get ones, as I am new and this is not beginner-friendly, and i can't find any good guides.
kudos, Scaledish
Scaledish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 11:04 PM   #2
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
1) read the patch thread for the firmware version you are currently using

2) read the thread for whichever launcher you're looking to install

3) read the thread (are you picking up on a pattern here?)

4) what custom images, you need to be specific.

5) Nickel is what is running on your Kobo
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
adons, kobo, modding