Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 02-28-2012, 02:39 PM   #1
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
Red face Pulchritude - A Beauty and the Beast retelling

Ack! I'm always a little shy of self-promotion, but what hey. I wrote a book!

Pretty author page here.
Links to free promotional copy here.
Description below, if you don't like clicking links.

---

Pulchritude
by Ana Mardoll

Experience a darker side of “The Beauty and the Beast” where, in a world of vindictive fairies and scornful magicians, not everyone will live happily ever after. Pulchritude tells the tale of Bella, a beautiful girl caught between her selfish father and an enchanted prince ready to sweep her into a dangerous romance built on deception and betrayal.

This debut novel by feminist blogger Ana Mardoll returns a classic fairy tale to its origins as social commentary and in doing so holds a strange mirror to our own world.

Feel free to email me for any reason.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pulchritude - Ana Mardoll (2000px).jpg
Views:	164
Size:	272.7 KB
ID:	83171   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pulchritude - Ana Mardoll (Back2000px).jpg
Views:	171
Size:	1.37 MB
ID:	83172  

Last edited by anamardoll; 02-28-2012 at 02:41 PM.
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:00 PM   #2
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Oooh, looking forward to reading the final version!
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:40 PM   #3
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Congrats, Ana! I look forward to reading it! Also, sent you an email since you made it so darn easy to do.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:53 PM   #4
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You guys are so sweet.

I actually have a review up on the Amazon UK page, which blows my mind, because apparently they're not one of my blog readers. (Maybe a Mobile Reader? BLESS YOUR HEART.) It's a 4-star review that I consider to be pretty dang fair, as zie correctly notes that you can tell it's my first novel.

(Already working on a second one, and I can already tell it's better. Will it always be a linear progression like that? Inquiring minds want to know!)

And I just noticed that GoodReads lets you load a book for sale and select the preview period, so I tossed it up there with a 100% preview, which I think is awesome. (I wish Amazon would let me fiddle with the preview size.)

Last edited by anamardoll; 02-28-2012 at 04:21 PM.
Old 02-28-2012, 05:02 PM   #5
Belfaborac
Wizard
Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-950
Congrats on (what I gather to be) you first book and thank you very much for the promo epub I just snagged! If it turns out to be to my taste, I'll happily dig out my credit card for the next one and the the one after that, and the one after....
Belfaborac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:29 PM   #6
AndrewH
Fanatic
AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, & Kobo Mini
Awesome! This is going on my TBR list. Thank you!
AndrewH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:35 AM   #7
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Thanks so much. I've just sent you an email asking for the free copy for my wife.

Could I suggest that you consider selling the ePub version somewhere else than B&N? They won't sell outside the US, and I live in Australia
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:12 AM   #8
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
Could I suggest that you consider selling the ePub version somewhere else than B&N?
Absolutely. May I ask, do you buy through Kobo or Sony or somewhere else I should be looking at? I can get into Kobo and Sony through Smashwords, and I should have my manuscript formatted to their Word Doc specifications by next week, but I'm told the initial upload takes time.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:00 AM   #9
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anamardoll View Post
Absolutely. May I ask, do you buy through Kobo or Sony or somewhere else I should be looking at? I can get into Kobo and Sony through Smashwords, and I should have my manuscript formatted to their Word Doc specifications by next week, but I'm told the initial upload takes time.
I buy from sony fairly often, and from Deisel Books
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 02:27 AM   #10
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I often buy from Kobo, and from ebooks.com, and diesel, and ...

Regards, Alex
Old 03-01-2012, 03:08 AM   #11
AndrewH
Fanatic
AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, & Kobo Mini
Is the retail version any different from the free promotional copy here?
AndrewH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:08 AM   #12
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewH View Post
Is the retail version any different from the free promotional copy here?
The retail version has a bonus signed thank you note in it. I didn't want any of the online stores to ninja me on pricing if I was handing out free "actual" versions like candy.

(Paranoid, but quite a few of my tipping readers on my blog can't use Paypal, so. )

@Alex, looks like Kobo and Diesel get their stock from Smashwords, so I should be up in March on those. Woohoo! Not sure about eBooks.com.
Old 03-02-2012, 02:31 AM   #13
AlexBell
Wizard

Quote:
@Alex, looks like Kobo and Diesel get their stock from Smashwords, so I should be up in March on those. Woohoo! Not sure about eBooks.com.
Thanks, Ana. I appreciate you taking the trouble. ebook.com is an Australian firm, but I don't know how they get the ebooks they sell either.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:35 PM   #14
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies

For those of you looking for a Smashwords version, I finally got the Meatgrinder to churn out something very, very, very close to the original ePUB I started with. Many thanks to the patient 52 Novels team.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:23 PM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I just downloaded your book. I look forward to reading it.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote