Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-24-2024, 05:10 AM   #1
Angie1000
Angie1000 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2024
Used existing library but very few books show

Hi ALL,

I have Calibre on my desktop, with the library local. I use this to manage the books. It now has around 5000 books. I back it up to a local server in my house.

I have now installed Calibre onto my partners laptop. This is used in another room in the house and only to drag books to their Kindle. I have used the backed up library on the server as their library, this way I maintain control over book management.

After changing the library on the laptop 'to an existing library' only 97 books are visible, but the bottom bar of Calibre show over 5000 books.

Is there some way I have managed to hide the other 4900 books that I can't think of? I have simply installed Calibre then changed the library to use.

Does the laptop Calibre version require the same custom columns as the management version of Calibre I am using (even when I'm not using them on the laptop)?

Any help at all would be gratefully received as I haven't a clue what has happened.

Incidentally there are no virtual libraries on the laptop, so all books should be shown.

kindest regards

Angie
Angie1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2024, 11:08 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Look at the status line at the bottom of the main Calibre window.
How to decode
The version you are using
The man himself
1028 is the filtered (search results?) count if in use << this make the list LOOK shorter
of nnnn books, is the count of your entire library <<<< look at this
and the last is how many are selected
If the entire count is bad, then your use of a Shared drive has corrupted or lost those.
Google Drive DESTROYS the Calibre indexing. This is the worst of the use of a shared.
None are good (Read the Calibre FAQ) . It is not IF, but WHEN it will bite you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Calibre-statusline.JPG
Views:	26
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	208463  
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-24-2024, 01:34 PM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
The backup may be faulty.

use Export on the good computer and Import on the laptop of the files created (which can be put on your server).
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2024, 07:47 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie1000 View Post
Hi ALL,

I have Calibre on my desktop, with the library local. I use this to manage the books. It now has around 5000 books. I back it up to a local server in my house.

I have now installed Calibre onto my partners laptop. This is used in another room in the house and only to drag books to their Kindle. I have used the backed up library on the server as their library, this way I maintain control over book management.

After changing the library on the laptop 'to an existing library' only 97 books are visible, but the bottom bar of Calibre show over 5000 books.

Is there some way I have managed to hide the other 4900 books that I can't think of? I have simply installed Calibre then changed the library to use.

Does the laptop Calibre version require the same custom columns as the management version of Calibre I am using (even when I'm not using them on the laptop)?

Any help at all would be gratefully received as I haven't a clue what has happened.

Incidentally there are no virtual libraries on the laptop, so all books should be shown.
Is your partner's Kindle connected?

A screenshot of calibre on the laptop would be helpful.

Custom columns are defined in the library database, so you should be able to see them on the laptop.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote