Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-09-2018, 06:33 PM   #1
bulldogmo
Connoisseur
bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.bulldogmo knows what's going on.

Device: kindle
Kobo App + Book on Android

have a book I foolishly bought on Kobo thinking (naively) that it was just a normal ebook site.

Have download both the app and book on to my android tablet, have it hooked to my calibre, but how to I find it and move it over so that I can use it without having to use kobo forever.
bulldogmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 06:57 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
If a "normal ebook site" is one that allows you to download an ebook from their store without using their app, then Kobo is one. Just go to the store in a browser, login, go to the library and you should be able to download the book from there. You might need ADE if it has DRM, but that is normal for an ebook store.

But, there is no direct connection between the Kobo apps and calibre. You can explore the file system and find the book without to much trouble. The books are stored unpacked so you need to rebuild them to use elsewhere. And you would need to handle any DRM. It's a lot simpler to download from the store.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert