Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 04-30-2018, 04:48 AM   #1
hvugar
hvugar began at the beginning.

Device: none
Sigil Localization.

Hello Sigil Team!

I want to localize Sigil ePub reader to Azerbaijani.

But i cant Join Team. I have do Request language for sigil. But no reaction.

Can anybody help me?
hvugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 03:54 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvugar View Post
Hello Sigil Team!

I want to localize Sigil ePub reader to Azerbaijani.

But i cant Join Team. I have do Request language for sigil. But no reaction.

Can anybody help me?
Is your language on Edit:preferences:language (on side bar)?

Are you willing to help create a Translation if it is not?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2018, 04:04 PM   #3
hvugar

Of course Azerbaijani has on Editreferences:language.

Yes, i want to help for translation to Azerbaijani. Even i have translate probably 40% of word and sentences in my own custom translation file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Is your language on Editreferences:language (on side bar)?

Are you willing to help create a Translation if it is not?
Old 04-30-2018, 04:55 PM   #4
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Is your language on Editreferences:language (on side bar)?
FYI: The developers use a special tool to extract all translatable strings from the Sigil UI files, save them in a single file (base.ts) and upload it to Transifex for translation.

hvugar can't start with the translation because a Sigil Transifex admin needs to add Azerbaijani to the list of available languages and add him as a translator.

@hvugar: Have you already tried to send zdpo a message via his profile page?
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 04:23 AM   #5
hvugar

When admin will add Azerbaijani to the list?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	222
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	163772

Yes, i already tried!

Which tool i need to extract all translatable strings?

For example i have change for example sigil_ru.ts to sigil_az.ts. And start replace strings in russian to Azerbaijani.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
FYI: The developers use a special tool to extract all translatable strings from the Sigil UI files, save them in a single file (base.ts) and upload it to Transifex for translation.

hvugar can't start with the translation because a Sigil Transifex admin needs to add Azerbaijani to the list of available languages and add him as a translator.

@hvugar: Have you already tried to send zdpo a message via his profile page?

Last edited by DiapDealer; 05-01-2018 at 08:45 AM. Reason: Thumbnail theme-breaking oversized image
Advert
Old 05-01-2018, 05:22 AM   #6
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
When admin will add Azerbaijani to the list?
No idea. Maybe KevinH can do this for you.

Quote:
Which tool i need to extract all translatable strings?
You don't need to do this, because the developers will update base.ts as needed and upload new versions to Transifex.

Quote:
For example i have change for example sigil_ru.ts to sigil_az.ts. And start replace strings in russian to Azerbaijani.
Ideally, you should translate base.ts in Transifex, however, you could also theoretically translate it with QT Linguist. QT Linguist is included in pyqt5-tools, which you can install with the Python package manager.

Code:
pip install pyqt5-tools
This will install QT Linguist in:

Code:
C:\Python36\Lib\site-packages\pyqt5-tools\linguist.exe
After finishing the translation you'll have to convert the .ts file to a .qm with using the lrelease command line tool and copy it to the Sigil translations folder. For more information see this website.

However, I'm not sure whether the Github version of sigil_ru.ts matches the version uploaded to Transifex.

You really should wait until you hear back from KevinH before you start with the translation.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 06:37 AM   #7
hvugar

However, I'm not sure whether the Github version of sigil_ru.ts matches the version uploaded to Transifex.

Yes, i understand that it is not good idea changing sigil_ru to sigil_az. But in this time i have no any case. So i want that azerbajani translation must be in
Transifex for future releases. I hope that in next versions azerbaijani version will be in Sigil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
No idea. Maybe KevinH can do this for you.

You don't need to do this, because the developers will update base.ts as needed and upload new versions to Transifex.

Ideally, you should translate base.ts in Transifex, however, you could also theoretically translate it with QT Linguist. QT Linguist is included in pyqt5-tools, which you can install with the Python package manager.

Code:
pip install pyqt5-tools
This will install QT Linguist in:

Code:
C:\Python36\Lib\site-packages\pyqt5-tools\linguist.exe
After finishing the translation you'll have to convert the .ts file to a .qm with using the lrelease command line tool and copy it to the Sigil translations folder. For more information see this website.

You really should wait until you hear back from KevinH before you start with the translation.
Old 05-01-2018, 08:42 AM   #8
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Yes, i understand that it is not good idea changing sigil_ru to sigil_az. But in this time i have no any case. So i want that azerbajani translation must be in
Transifex for future releases.
Any translation work done outside of Transifex is very unlikely to make into any release of Sigil. We generate new .ts files when we're getting ready to make a new release and upload them to Transifex for the volunteer translators to update. Then we download them and include them in the new release (provided they meet our percentage of completion rule)

So unless you're creating translation files for your own personal use, I'd strongly discourage trying to create and edit a .ts file for a new language manually. I'd hate to see your time wasted. It's best to wait until granted access through the regular Transifex channels--as frustrating as that may seem right now.

We can create the empty sigil_az.ts file on our end, but we still won't be including any translated strings that didn't originate from the Transifex sigil project that zdpo oversees when releasing new versions of Sigil.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 05-01-2018 at 08:51 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 08:56 AM   #9
hvugar

If it possible to add azerbaijani strings in Transifex i would add there azerbaijani translation with great pleasure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Any translation work done outside of Transifex is very unlikely to make into any release of Sigil. We generate new .ts files when we're getting ready to make a new release and upload them to Transifex for the volunteer translators to update. Then we download them and include them in the new release (provided they meet our percentage of completion rule)

So unless you're creating translation files for your own personal use, I'd strongly discourage trying to create and edit a .ts file for a new language manually. I'd hate to see your time wasted. It's best to wait until granted access through the regular Transifex channels--as frustrating as that may seem right now.

We can create the empty sigil_az.ts file on our end, but we still won't be including any translated strings that didn't originate from the Transifex sigil project that zdpo oversees when releasing new versions of Sigil.
Old 05-01-2018, 08:02 PM   #10
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
I really do not know transifex well at all. When I get a few free minutes I will see if I have enough permissions to approve the translation team request.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 09:09 AM   #11
hvugar

Please, it would be great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
I really do not know transifex well at all. When I get a few free minutes I will see if I have enough permissions to approve the translation team request.
Old 05-02-2018, 03:40 PM   #12
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I was able to add az_AZ as a language for the Sigil project but the "Teams" menu is greyed out for me so I can not invite someone to translate or coordinate that language.

Ideas anyone?
Old 05-02-2018, 08:50 PM   #13
KevinH
Sigil Developer

hvgar,
Can you now see the az_AZ language in the list of Sigil Languages? Are you able to add translations for the language?
Old 05-09-2018, 03:27 PM   #14
hvugar

Great. Yes i can see az_AZ language in the list of Sigil Languages.
Project language request accepted: Your Azerbaijani (Azerbaijan) language request to project sigil was accepted.

But i can't add translations.

Azerbaijani (Azerbaijan) 0% 2,986 strings to translate

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
hvgar,
Can you now see the az_AZ language in the list of Sigil Languages? Are you able to add translations for the language?
Old 05-09-2018, 05:24 PM   #15
BeckyEbook
Guru
BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (Key3, PW2, PW3), Nook (ST, GLP), Kobo Touch, Tolino Vision 2
Try this link:
https://www.transifex.com/zdpo/sigil/language/az_AZ/
and select "Join Team".

Your previous request was related to the addition of new language only.
Now you must join to Azerbaijani team (currently without any members).
BeckyEbook is online now   Reply With Quote