Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-08-2014, 12:41 PM   #1
JDesat
Connoisseur
JDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD
Kobo Shelves

I'm thinking about getting a Kobo Glo but I have a question about the 'shelves'. I'd definitely want them to help organize my books, but everything I've seen talks about how to create a NEW column LIKE a 'tags' column to sort them there. Is there anyway to just use the ACTUAL 'tags' column?? Would I just have to insert #tags instead of #myshelves (or whatever the new column name might be) into the device settings? I'd rather not have 2 columns with the same information, so if someone knows an answer for this I'd appreciate it!

Thanks!
JDesat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 03:38 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDesat View Post
I'm thinking about getting a Kobo Glo but I have a question about the 'shelves'. I'd definitely want them to help organize my books, but everything I've seen talks about how to create a NEW column LIKE a 'tags' column to sort them there. Is there anyway to just use the ACTUAL 'tags' column?? Would I just have to insert #tags instead of #myshelves (or whatever the new column name might be) into the device settings? I'd rather not have 2 columns with the same information, so if someone knows an answer for this I'd appreciate it!

Thanks!
Sure... Use #tags if that is what you want.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
kobo, shelves, tags