Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 11-21-2015, 07:02 AM   #316
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
So....if I want to buy this sucker....

Where

Can

I

Buy

One

?

Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 07:40 PM   #317
jackm8
Zealot
jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepie View Post
Hi jackm8,

I think it is possible to install fonts on the 840, though I only tried that on my old Pocketbook a couple years ago. Nowadays I just use one font for all my books, one that is easy on my eyes.

If you install Coolreader3, you have all sorts of options to either use the embedded font or another font on the ereader. There is a number of options to align text.
I'm pretty sure that CR3 can show mobi format, but I never tried it as I convert my books to epub.

A bit late thanks. Finally got it and quite satisfied with it and it's formatting options. Although it's screen contrast truly is beaten by my old 4th gen Kindle.

Still 8 inch, is 8 inch.

@Dr. Drib

In Europe they're fairly common. Nothing locally for me, but I got one from a Czech store. I gambled a bit to get it cheaper and it was delivered without problems.

Most secure option ordering it from here would probably be amazon.uk or .de. They're fairly strict with their partners regarding return policies and warranties. I know I never any problems ordering from US store.
Just don't be fooled by Germans 'cost free deliveries', they're almost always only for local delivery.

Last edited by jackm8; 11-22-2015 at 07:54 PM.
jackm8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2015, 10:39 AM   #318
p38lightning
Zealot
p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Lenovo Tab M9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
So....if I want to buy this sucker....

Where

Can

I

Buy

One

?

Try this site: https://www.alzashop.com/pocketbook-...n-d2143641.htm

Good luck!
p38lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 10:58 AM   #319
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by p38lightning View Post

Thank you!

I looked over the site, but they apparently do not ship to the U.S. At least, I didn't find that on the drop-down shipping menu.

Did I miss it, perhaps?
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 12:30 PM   #320
jackm8
Zealot
jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

I also got it from Alza. But the price is without tax, so it isn't a lot cheaper than elsewhere. Not sure about international shipping.

Still cheaper than Amazon. I'm two countries away from Germany and they wanted to charge me 20 bucks for delivery...

Anyway. Amazons may be your solution:
http://www.amazon.de/gp/switch-langu...8299113&sr=8-1
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-lis...&condition=new
Advert
Old 12-02-2015, 12:28 PM   #321
p38lightning
Zealot
p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Thank you!

I looked over the site, but they apparently do not ship to the U.S. At least, I didn't find that on the drop-down shipping menu.

Did I miss it, perhaps?
The following is a link to eBay for a new unit from Latvia for $275.00.

Good luck!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PocketBook-I...QAAOSwAKxWW2XO
Old 12-02-2015, 06:20 PM   #322
p38lightning
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by joepie View Post
Hi p38lightning, perhaps there is a delay @PB, maybe there are some links between your spokesperson and the final go. Perhaps a logistic issue atm. Who knows. It will probably turn out well.

The webshop where I bought mine have just updated to 5 in stock, so appearently there is a new batch.

You're quite creative to update your HD+. At least you can read for the time being :-).

Good luck on the 840
Just a quick update.

Never heard another word from Pocketbook and am clueless as to why since I was dealing with the head of their CS department.

Definitely making do with my converted Nook HD+ but really miss the e ink screen and lightness of the 840.

Now that it is December, I will wait until we see what CES has in store for January before I follow up again with them.
Old 12-09-2015, 03:56 AM   #323
wyf49679
wyf49679 plays well with otherswyf49679 plays well with otherswyf49679 plays well with otherswyf49679 plays well with otherswyf49679 plays well with otherswyf49679 plays well with otherswyf49679 plays well with otherswyf49679 plays well with otherswyf49679 plays well with otherswyf49679 plays well with otherswyf49679 plays well with others

Device: PocketBook InkPad 840
Good news, everyone!

New firmware 5.11 for PocketBook InkPad 840 is now available at
http://www.pocketbook-int.com/us/sup...ketbook-inkpad
Release notes state that major issues have been fixed:
http://download.pocketbook-int.com/8...nkPad(ENG).pdf
wyf49679 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 06:28 AM   #324
freeaz
freeaz is kind to children and small, furry animalsfreeaz is kind to children and small, furry animalsfreeaz is kind to children and small, furry animalsfreeaz is kind to children and small, furry animalsfreeaz is kind to children and small, furry animalsfreeaz is kind to children and small, furry animalsfreeaz is kind to children and small, furry animalsfreeaz is kind to children and small, furry animalsfreeaz is kind to children and small, furry animalsfreeaz is kind to children and small, furry animalsfreeaz is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: ONYX BOOX i86 HDML PLUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyf49679 View Post
Good news, everyone!

New firmware 5.11 for PocketBook InkPad 840 is now available at
http://www.pocketbook-int.com/us/sup...ketbook-inkpad
Release notes state that major issues have been fixed:
http://download.pocketbook-int.com/8...nkPad(ENG).pdf
Thank you very much this is really Good news. I wonder why they named it 5.11 when the last firmware was 5.4
freeaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 08:13 AM   #325
McHunter
Connoisseur
McHunter will become famous soon enoughMcHunter will become famous soon enoughMcHunter will become famous soon enoughMcHunter will become famous soon enoughMcHunter will become famous soon enoughMcHunter will become famous soon enough

Device: PB TL2 /PB TL3 (M) STOLEN/ PB SURFpad 3 (7.85") / thl T11
please Delete

Last edited by McHunter; 12-09-2015 at 08:19 AM.
McHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 08:16 AM   #326
McHunter
Connoisseur
McHunter will become famous soon enoughMcHunter will become famous soon enoughMcHunter will become famous soon enoughMcHunter will become famous soon enoughMcHunter will become famous soon enoughMcHunter will become famous soon enough

Device: PB TL2 /PB TL3 (M) STOLEN/ PB SURFpad 3 (7.85") / thl T11
Quote:
Originally Posted by freeaz View Post
Thank you very much this is really Good news. I wonder why they named it 5.11 when the last firmware was 5.4
Perhaps:

5.4 Release
5.5 (interne Beta?)
5.6 (interne Beta?)
5.7 (interne Beta?)
5.8 (interne Beta?)
5.9 (interne Beta?)
5.10 (interne Beta?)
5.11 Release

McHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 09:48 AM   #327
wyf49679
wyf49679 plays well with otherswyf49679 plays well with otherswyf49679 plays well with otherswyf49679 plays well with otherswyf49679 plays well with otherswyf49679 plays well with otherswyf49679 plays well with otherswyf49679 plays well with otherswyf49679 plays well with otherswyf49679 plays well with otherswyf49679 plays well with others

Device: PocketBook InkPad 840
Did anyone install the new firmware 5.11?
Old issues are fixed I suppose but are there new ones?
wyf49679 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 12:08 PM   #328
jackm8
Zealot

Can't say about bugs jet, but builtin software is becoming usable. Not quite up to the third party software, but still.

- No blank pages while turning in ether epub or pdf.
- Navigating the library menu is faster, but it still features oversized folder and file icons that take way too much space.
- For PDF, full screen option is available, and page turn speed is faster, but pages with fullscreen pictures will still take some time, something that koreader has no problems at all. So it's obviously only a software limitation.
- And they've made web browser faster. Still, it's having problems with certain pages. Wikipedia articles, for instance, are displayed in extremely small font size.

Also:
Quote:
Support of Dyslexic font was added.
Means that they've added OpenDyslexic and OpenDyslexicAlta family of fonts from opendyslexic.org. Useful boldish font family even for normal use.

In the end both pdf and epub support are now perfectly acceptable right out of the box, something that wasn't the case when I got it.
Old 12-09-2015, 12:31 PM   #329
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by freeaz View Post
The firmware base is shared across all e-ink devices. They were updating the firmware in other models (mostly the Touch Lux 3), and when they got back to the Inkpad, the version was a lot higher.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 06:13 PM   #330
p38lightning
Zealot

Recommend it as I was using the previous beta version of it on my 840 when the screen cracked.

Vastly superior to 5.4 and I preferred it over the original.

Last edited by p38lightning; 12-12-2015 at 08:33 PM.