Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-24-2022, 01:21 AM   #3166
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
Weekly Report:

Read:
  • Lightning in a Mirror (Fogg Lake #3) by Jayne Ann Krentz (A-/5 stars)
  • Moment of Tooth (A Witch in Wolf Wood #4) by Lindsay Buroker (B-/3 stars)

Purchased:
I've liked Lightning in a Mirror a lot, too, more than her last Harmony book.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 12:59 PM   #3167
Critteranne
Guru
Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Pestilence (The Four Horsemen Book 1) by Laura Thalassa is 99 cents today.

Has anyone read this one? I've been avoiding it because someone mentioned that this series has a "bullying" theme. (It's listed as Post-Apocalyptic Science Fiction and Fairy Tale Fantasy, but I've heard it referred to as a YA romance and as a paranormal romance.)
Critteranne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 04:12 PM   #3168
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Glad I haven't set Calibre, etc up on my new laptop as there is a problem with the battery and I have to send it in to be replaced. It's barely a month old.

Thankfully the factory warranty should cover it.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 05:32 AM   #3169
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Critteranne View Post
Pestilence (The Four Horsemen Book 1) by Laura Thalassa is 99 cents today.

Has anyone read this one? I've been avoiding it because someone mentioned that this series has a "bullying" theme. (It's listed as Post-Apocalyptic Science Fiction and Fairy Tale Fantasy, but I've heard it referred to as a YA romance and as a paranormal romance.)
It's Not YA or paranormal romance. I don't recall a bullying them, and I hate bully stories. it's post-apoc fantasy. It's a very dark romance. I loved all the books in the series.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 07:29 AM   #3170
Critteranne
Guru
Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
It's Not YA or paranormal romance. I don't recall a bullying them, and I hate bully stories. it's post-apoc fantasy. It's a very dark romance. I loved all the books in the series.
Thanks! Some of the reviewers are all over the place. They can’t even agree on what it is.
Critteranne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 07:26 PM   #3171
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

25% off pre-orders at BN.com including ebooks with code PREORDER25!

Sadly they still don't allow downloads, have to use their app. It does work on some agency priced e-books though so YMMV.

Last edited by library addict; 01-26-2022 at 07:28 PM. Reason: clarify it works on agency priced ebooks
Old 01-27-2022, 12:05 AM   #3172
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Glad I haven't set Calibre, etc up on my new laptop as there is a problem with the battery and I have to send it in to be replaced. It's barely a month old.

Thankfully the factory warranty should cover it.
I hope the laptop is back soon, to set a new computer is always painful (I have to do it now with a desktop )
Old 01-27-2022, 05:34 PM   #3173
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
I hope the laptop is back soon, to set a new computer is always painful (I have to do it now with a desktop )
Setting up my new pc was a little time consuming but easy as pie. Once I had everything plugged in and turned it on, the pc found everything and set it up.

I backed up all my bookmarks, and simply exported them back over and they went right back to where they were where on the new machine

The time consuming part was simply copying all my files and documents over from my backup drive over to the new pc. But because it's a new machine it went much faster.

Technology is great when it works right!!!
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 12:33 AM   #3174
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Haven't sent it in yet as they want me to monitor the situation for a few weeks to see if it has been solved. Don't know why it would show as plugged in, not charging with the self test repeatedly resulting in battery failure and suddenly show it is okay because I decided to unplug it and plug it back in. But here we are

I am going to wait to install Calibre etc until I am sure.
Old 01-28-2022, 12:35 AM   #3175
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

cfrizz and Terisa de morgan

Are either of you using Windows 11? I still haven't researched if older ADE will work.
Old 01-28-2022, 12:50 AM   #3176
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:

Are either of you using Windows 11? I still haven't researched if older ADE will work.
No, I haven't dare to install Windows 11 yet, because of being afraid of compatibility issues too.
Old 01-28-2022, 12:52 AM   #3177
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrizz View Post
Setting up my new pc was a little time consuming but easy as pie. Once I had everything plugged in and turned it on, the pc found everything and set it up.
I think setting mine is going to be a bit time consuming too. Bookmarks are not a problem, software I have to install... yes, that's going to be time consuming. Good moment to clean software I don't use but troublesome anyway.
Old 01-28-2022, 11:17 AM   #3178
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:

ADE 2.01 works here under Windows 11 x64. So far, I haven't had to reauthorize it which seemed to happen once or twice a year under Windows 10.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 01:09 PM   #3179
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
ADE 2.01 works here under Windows 11 x64. So far, I haven't had to reauthorize it which seemed to happen once or twice a year under Windows 10.
That's good to know, it's the one I was most worried about. Are you also running Kindle for desktop 1.17?
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 01:43 PM   #3180
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Thanks!