Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-30-2014, 02:13 AM   #16
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolson View Post
Will the new update also support fetching annotations?

I got so disappointed with lack of annotations export that I placed Kobo back in the box. I heavily rely on highlighting text from books and exporting it for notes/references. Kindle makes it easy to do but Kobo firmware frustrated me.
Apart from the exact version, the firmware across the current Kobo e-ink ereaders is the same. From the point of view of calibre, they are identical. The driver and plugins provide the same function to all of them.

Quote:
This little hack made me give Kobo another try:

If you add "ExportHighlights=true" to the "FeatureSettings" section of the devices config file, a menu item will be added to the books menu in in the library list on the device to export them as a text file on the device.

I had to manually add this section to the config file

/Volumes/KOBOeReader/.kobo/Kobo/Kobo eReader.conf
The "ExportHighlights=true" works but I've never liked the generated file. There are other methods to achieve similar things. I have listed them all in posts previously, a search should find it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 08:54 AM   #17
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
Any of the above.
Excellent. Thank you Kobo.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2014, 10:08 PM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
robertpolson, with your H2O, can you use other mini-USB cables besides the one that came with the H2O? can you use any old micro-USB cable?

I want to know if Nate's problem is an isolated problem or a problem with the H2O. Thanks.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 11:15 PM   #19
robertpolson
Connoisseur
robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
robertpolson, with your H2O, can you use other mini-USB cables besides the one that came with the H2O? can you use any old micro-USB cable?

I want to know if Nate's problem is an isolated problem or a problem with the H2O. Thanks.
I was able to use my own micro USB cable
robertpolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 11:19 PM   #20
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post

I tried two other cables as well and both worked.
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2014, 12:09 AM   #21
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Sorry about that. As stated in your thread in the calibre forum, it was a typo. I will make the change in the next couple of days ready for the next calibre release.
The update is checked in. If you want to use calibre with an Aura H20, you can run from source. Otherwise, wait for the next release which will probably be Friday.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 04:10 AM   #22
vandafc
Connoisseur
vandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryzir View Post
Apparently you can also add "FullScreenReading=true" under FeatureSettings and it will add a menu option to turn off the header and footer. However I understand that this causes some kepubs to have cutoff text.
Brilliant! It export it correcty on ly Kobo Glo (in a .txt file). The only problem that remains is that the top bar disappears after the export

That's why it's not an official feature yet
vandafc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 08:05 AM   #23
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
If exporting annotations is huge for you, I suggest you take it back and get a PW2. From what I've read, it seems this is an area that the Kindle excels in (much to my surprise).
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 09:10 AM   #24
ersott
Evangelist
ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite2, Ipad Air, Kobo Aura H2o
could anybody post a photo of your kobo aura h2o with an open book?

Thanks un advanced ;-)
ersott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 09:24 AM   #25
Catire
Lord of the Universe
Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 / PSP
Quote:
I was able to use my own micro USB cable
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcey View Post
I tried two other cables as well and both worked.
Hmm thank you, that was my one gripe with the H2O

Just a follow up question, the cables worked both for file transfers and charging?
Catire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 09:29 AM   #26
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catire View Post
Just a follow up question, the cables worked both for file transfers and charging?
The first USB cable I tried charged but didn't show up on my Mac, so I tried a second and it's charging and connected to my Mac fine so it may be a bit hit and miss, it also feels like plugging it in with the cable that didn't work properly was a lot harder than the other one.
simond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 09:59 AM   #27
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catire View Post
Hmm thank you, that was my one gripe with the H2O

Yes both.
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 12:25 PM   #28
mr_nihilism
Always been the caretaker
mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, PW2
It was interesting that when I was asked to sign in to the H20 there was no option to do so using my PC. It was strictly over wi-fi. Not a big deal to me, but just a heads up.

I haven't really done anything with it yet, but damn, it feels so much nicer in my hands than the HD.

Edit - Calibre does not recognize the the H20 at all. My PC detects it just fine and it is charging, but Calibre behaves as if nothing is connected. Nada.

Last edited by mr_nihilism; 10-01-2014 at 01:14 PM.
mr_nihilism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 01:54 PM   #29
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_nihilism View Post
It was interesting that when I was asked to sign in to the H20 there was no option to do so using my PC. It was strictly over wi-fi. Not a big deal to me, but just a heads up.

I haven't really done anything with it yet, but damn, it feels so much nicer in my hands than the HD.

Edit - Calibre does not recognize the the H20 at all. My PC detects it just fine and it is charging, but Calibre behaves as if nothing is connected. Nada.
This coming Friday's Calibre release will include the fix to recognize the H2O.

Last edited by JSWolf; 10-01-2014 at 03:44 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 01:58 PM   #30
mr_nihilism
Always been the caretaker
mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, PW2
Thanks, JSWolf. I suspected as much but was a bit worried.

I'll just add that the back of the device does not pick up fingerprints at all. The front however is about the same as the HD.
mr_nihilism is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
h2o