Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-15-2014, 08:19 AM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
I just bought this one in red from ebay, I figured that for £4.99 I had nothing to lose.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321503639452

I'm not interested in the folding ability.
Actually, you do have something to lose, £4.99. It's a sleeve and not a proper cover. So when you do get a proper cover, it won't be of any use. Also, the picture shows an iPad mini. So are you sure it would be suitable for the H2O?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 08:28 AM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

There's also this case on Amazon.com.

http://www.amazon.com/ODYSSEY-cover-...AAG/ref=sr_1_3
Advert
Old 09-15-2014, 02:31 PM   #18
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
There's also this case on Amazon.com.

http://www.amazon.com/ODYSSEY-cover-...AAG/ref=sr_1_3

Your link goes to an Aura HD case.

The fit may not be quite as 'snug,' with an HD case.

ADDED: The openings in the case will probably not correspond to the openings on an actual H2O case (on/off - USB - charger).

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 09-15-2014 at 02:34 PM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 03:28 PM   #19
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Actually, you do have something to lose, £4.99. It's a sleeve and not a proper cover. So when you do get a proper cover, it won't be of any use. Also, the picture shows an iPad mini. So are you sure it would be suitable for the H2O?
I deliberately wanted a sleeve to start with. I need to see how I use it before I decide what case I do or do not want. By saying I had nothing too lose I meant I've spent £5 on something to tide me over until I decide what I actually want.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 06:09 PM   #20
Ryzir
Connoisseur
Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Nook GL3, Kobo H2O, Nook STG, Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS-500
I'm thinking of getting a sleeve like this (Link) until I can find a real leather one that fits better.
Ryzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2014, 04:37 AM   #21
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad, iPhone
Are any of the cases waterproof?
simond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 02:04 PM   #22
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by simond View Post
Oddly, I thought of that as a serious question. A lot of the cases I've seen or owned would not survive any immersion in water. Drop your Aura H2O in the bathtub and toss the $50 cover away?

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 03:15 PM   #23
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Oddly, I thought of that as a serious question. A lot of the cases I've seen or owned would not survive any immersion in water. Drop your Aura H2O in the bathtub and toss the $50 cover away?

Regards,
David
That's why I think I want a sleeve and not a case.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 10:31 PM   #24
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Your link goes to an Aura HD case.

The fit may not be quite as 'snug,' with an HD case.

ADDED: The openings in the case will probably not correspond to the openings on an actual H2O case (on/off - USB - charger).
The description says...

Designed spefically for Kobo Aura HD and Aura H2O
All buttons and ports are accessible

So it's not just an Aura HD case.
Old 09-17-2014, 04:13 AM   #25
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

Regards,
David
To be fair it was a serious question, just one I'd not seen anyone mention before. I'm trying to decide what I do about a case for mine, if it's not waterproof I'll probably only get a cheap one, or just remove it from the case when taking a bath etc, cases should cope with slight rain I guess...
Old 09-17-2014, 09:12 AM   #26
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:

Regards, David
Get a Pelican case...
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 09:21 AM   #27
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by simond View Post
I use a Pelican 1055 case. A bit big for my Glo, should fit the Aura nicely. I use high density foam to take up the extra space.

But the case is water proof, crush proof, drop resistant, etc. And it really protects my Glo when I'm not using it.

And, strangely, can be cheaper than the official Kobo cover...

http://www.amazon.com/Pelican-Produc.../dp/B006FR1KHE
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 09:56 AM   #28
simond
Fanatic

They look good, but a little excessive for me, I like covers which don't add much to the overall size
Old 09-17-2014, 10:08 AM   #29
Anak
Fanatic
Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Well, I recall to have seen a post by JSWolf about a "useless" or "pointless" accessory for the H2O: a plastic bag to protect the H2O from water.
Maybe it is not so useless after all.
Anak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 10:28 AM   #30
simond
Fanatic

I think the H2O is a good excuse to buy a cheap plastic type case rather than leather as that's more likely to be fine afterwards