Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 01:50 PM   #61
chris77586
Patent Pending
chris77586 can shake the floor when laughingchris77586 can shake the floor when laughingchris77586 can shake the floor when laughingchris77586 can shake the floor when laughingchris77586 can shake the floor when laughingchris77586 can shake the floor when laughingchris77586 can shake the floor when laughingchris77586 can shake the floor when laughingchris77586 can shake the floor when laughingchris77586 can shake the floor when laughingchris77586 can shake the floor when laughing

Device: prs 350
I had no idea that patents cost that much! What I'm going to do is do what ripplinger and others said and just order a bunch of them and sell then to people as orders come in instead of waiting for individuals shipments. But to be honest, I feel like everyone on this forum who has broken their stylus I have already helped haha (about 40 people!). Maybe it is time to start expanding to other ebook reader forums!
Old 08-27-2011, 05:08 PM   #62
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Smile

I've already given you a plug on the UK/European Sony one, Chris !

I don't think there are any others, or do all manufacturers have forums ? Not all stylussy, of course.....

There is one I found, can't remember name off-hand , but almost all the contributions were submitted by the founder, so didn't think it was worth bothering with - especially after I read the threads.
Old nooze.

Actually, just thought, I'll have another, my lad's birthday's coming up, and he's nicked my 350 for now - it'll be a gentle hint !

I'll PM you tomorrow.
Advert
Old 08-27-2011, 11:08 PM   #63
chris77586
Patent Pending
chris77586 can shake the floor when laughingchris77586 can shake the floor when laughingchris77586 can shake the floor when laughingchris77586 can shake the floor when laughingchris77586 can shake the floor when laughingchris77586 can shake the floor when laughingchris77586 can shake the floor when laughingchris77586 can shake the floor when laughingchris77586 can shake the floor when laughingchris77586 can shake the floor when laughingchris77586 can shake the floor when laughing

Haha, Sounds good, carpetmojo, I appreciate it. Infact, I insterted a plug for my self under a pseudonym on the Sony support forum .
Old 08-30-2011, 07:52 AM   #64
Mr Fujisawa
Mr Fujisawa began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1
PM sent
Old 08-31-2011, 05:25 AM   #65
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Thanks for your PM that the styluses are on their way, Chris.

From what I've read so far I'll probably put my Sony stylus away and keep it as a spare while using yours.
Advert
Old 08-31-2011, 09:38 AM   #66
drdann
Connoisseur
drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350
When the next batch us ready, please let me know... mine broke last night.
Old 09-01-2011, 04:30 PM   #67
Under the Covers
Night Reader
Under the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS-650
Chris,

My stylus arrived in yesterday's mail (mailed 2 days prior), and it's perfect. Thanks so much for your efforts.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:08 PM   #68
chris77586
Patent Pending

Thanks for the feedback! One thing i have noticed is that the plastic can get dirty and take on an ivory color over time ( atleast mine has). You can just wipe it off with a damp paper towel to clean it up again. One thing that might help is to spray urathane, scotch brite, or some sort of protective layer onto it. I haven't tried this yet, since I believe the urathane may crack with the bending of the stylus. If anyone wants to give it a try go for it, but thats not covered under warranty haha.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:17 AM   #69
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris77586 View Post
Thanks for the feedback! One thing i have noticed is that the plastic can get dirty and take on an ivory color over time ( atleast mine has). You can just wipe it off with a damp paper towel to clean it up again. One thing that might help is to spray urathane, scotch brite, or some sort of protective layer onto it. I haven't tried this yet, since I believe the urathane may crack with the bending of the stylus. If anyone wants to give it a try go for it, but thats not covered under warranty haha.
I trust said damp paper towel is inclusive in price - and warranty......

Surely it will have dried out by the time it gets here.............

Old 09-02-2011, 05:21 PM   #70
Under the Covers
Night Reader
Under the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS-650
Plastic yellows with time ... so does paper ... so do ceiling tiles ... and ...

Given all of life's difficulties, I'd rate this concern pretty insignificant. I'm more concerned with the utility of this nifty little stylus, which is, as I said before, perfect.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:08 PM   #71
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Stupid post office delayed my stylus until after the three-day weekend, but it finally arrived. Fits perfectly, and though there's no "click" when I put it in its compartment, it's not falling out either.

Thanks you Chris!
Old 09-06-2011, 11:53 PM   #72
chris77586
Patent Pending

Thanks ScalyFreak! I'm glad to see you and everyone else is satisfied. I appreciate all the support, guys!
Old 09-07-2011, 05:01 AM   #73
capnm
Groupie
capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: sony
@Chris
Got it, works great
Old 09-08-2011, 11:57 PM   #74
Bindi
Bindi has exceeded all limitations known to mankindBindi has exceeded all limitations known to mankindBindi has exceeded all limitations known to mankindBindi has exceeded all limitations known to mankindBindi has exceeded all limitations known to mankindBindi has exceeded all limitations known to mankindBindi has exceeded all limitations known to mankindBindi has exceeded all limitations known to mankindBindi has exceeded all limitations known to mankindBindi has exceeded all limitations known to mankindBindi has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Palm Tungsten T3; Sony PRS-350; Pocketbook 360
Fits perfectly and feels much less fragile than the original one.

Thanks!
Old 09-09-2011, 01:02 PM   #75
JenPen1
Connoisseur
JenPen1 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony PRS505 (given away), Sony 650 Touch, LG Nexus 4, Kobo Arc
Stylus arrived today!

Got mine today, Chris. Very innovative packaging!! I had to do a little bit of sanding on the length of the Stylus for my PRS 650, but after that everything is perfect.

Thank you very much for going to all this trouble.

Jen
Closed Thread