Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 09-22-2010, 01:25 PM   #1
lecoeur
Connoisseur
lecoeur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lecoeur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lecoeur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lecoeur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lecoeur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lecoeur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lecoeur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lecoeur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lecoeur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lecoeur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lecoeur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Smile * Epic Fantasy * Vengeance

Wipe your feet on the mat, leave your prejudices behind and WELCOME to 'Fantasy Lite.' Epic historical fantasy with adult humor and a change of script for every same old same old fantasy door-stopper you’ve ever read. It’s kinda like Terry Pratchett meets Joe Abercrombie, except it’s actually funny. Contains: Dragons, Wizards, Weird Sects and unlikely heroes in their epic quest for Vengeance.

Troubled Times. Volume 2 of the Vengeance trilogy.
The Sisters pursue the prophecy and their own agenda. The creatures of the enchanted forests are on the loose, but who calls them and why? And the Wizards council has new creatures to deal with. More adventures and intrigue with all the characters you met in book one.

Vengeance trilogy volume 3-Dragon Riders-The conclusion.
Unbeknownst to all but a very few the future of the entire world is at risk and all that has gone before will be swept mercilessly aside in favour of an evil regime that the unsuspecting could only dream of in their worst nightmare. Some follow the prophecies, but most follow their own path to enrichment & vengeance, but never enlightenment.

Last edited by lecoeur; 06-15-2011 at 04:56 AM. Reason: new covers
lecoeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 01:43 PM   #2
queentess
Reading is sexy
queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by lecoeur View Post
Wipe your feet on the mat, leave your prejudices behind and WELCOME to Fantasy Lite. Epic historical fantasy with Adult humor and a change of script for every same old, same old Fantasy Doorstopper you’ve ever read.
How can it be both "fantasy lite" and "epic"?
queentess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 02:16 PM   #3
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Well, he's got both asterisks AND an icon, so the book has to be Really Important (and it deserves random capital letters, too). It's much more special than other authors' books, so it can be both "lite" and "epic" at once.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 07:05 PM   #4
queentess
Reading is sexy
queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
[Edited per mod's request, though I'm still not sure what was wrong with it]

My original question still stands. I'd like to know how it can be both "fantasy lite" and "epic". As the blurb is confusing and seems to target two separate markets (I am in one, but not the other), I, as a potential buyer, would like an explanation. I think this is a fair request of the author and is not meant to be mean-spirited.

If people would rather report my post than get an answer, that is fine. I will not be making any purchases based upon the above.

Last edited by queentess; 09-23-2010 at 08:43 AM. Reason: edited per mods request
queentess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 07:26 AM   #5
lecoeur
Connoisseur
lecoeur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lecoeur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lecoeur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lecoeur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lecoeur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lecoeur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lecoeur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lecoeur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lecoeur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lecoeur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lecoeur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by queentess View Post
[Edited per mod's request, though I'm still not sure what was wrong with it]

My original question still stands. I'd like to know how it can be both "fantasy lite" and "epic". As the blurb is confusing and seems to target two separate markets (I am in one, but not the other), I, as a potential buyer, would like an explanation. I think this is a fair request of the author and is not meant to be mean-spirited.

If people would rather report my post than get an answer, that is fine. I will not be making any purchases based upon the above.
My apologies for the tardy response. For the record I did not report your post, I merely ignored it as I believed it to be somewhat whimsical in nature and best left unanswered.
Vengeance is written in an epic fantasy style, with epic fantasy themes, but combined with adult humor. Ergo, in my belief, 'lite' as in lighthearted.
To the best of my knowledge, I am the only author to write in this satirical style and I coined a new genre for it ie. 'fantasy lite.'
I trust this clarifies.
Warmest wishes,
Roy.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:03 AM   #6
lecoeur
Connoisseur

Vengeance trilogy

It would be remiss of me not to announce book 2 in the trilogy

Troubled times

The Sisters pursue the prophecy and their own agenda. The creatures of the enchanted forests are on the loose, but who calls them and why? And the Wizards council has new creatures to deal with. More adventures and intrigue with all the characters you met in book one.

Available from all the usual suspects (Sony/Kobo/Diesel/ipad/Borders Australia & 'smashy' for kindle, check my website for the distro of your choice http://www.rdlecoeur>net
Old 12-21-2010, 06:38 AM   #7
lecoeur
Connoisseur

****Epic Fantasy****Venegance

I have already announced books 1&2.
Now it would be remiss of me not to announce book 3 Dragon Riders.
[Keep images on first post - MODERATOR]

synopsis:
Vengeance trilogy book 3-Dragon Riders-The conclusion. Unbeknownst to all but a very few, the future of the entire world is at risk and all that has gone before will be swept mercilessly aside in favour of an evil regime that the unsuspecting could only dream of in their worst nightmare. Some follow the prophecies, but most follow their own path to enrichment & vengeance, but never enlightenment.
Available from Smashwordshttp://www.smashwords.com/books/view/21923
Barnes & Noble, Kobo, Sony, Diesel, Apple and also Borders in Australia & Whitcoulls in NZ.
See my website for all the exact links.
Kindle users download direct from Smashwords-tks

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank all those of you who have already downloaded the series and wish you all a very Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 06-15-2011 at 07:24 AM.
Old 12-21-2010, 09:16 AM   #8
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I don't want to come off as condescending, but this could really use another run past an editor. I looked at the free sample, but gave up after the third abuse of antecedent/pronoun agreement on the first page.

Sorry,

Curt
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 06:51 AM   #9
lecoeur
Connoisseur

Haha. That's hilarious.
I would have thought it evident, even to a pedant, that it was written in parodic style.
Merry Xmas.
Old 01-01-2011, 05:04 PM   #10
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Haha. That's hilarious.
I would have thought it evident, even to a pedant, that it was written in parodic style.
Merry Xmas.
Parodies aren't excused from the rules of grammar. If that was your intent, I'd recommend a few more helpful clues.
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 05:07 AM   #11
lecoeur
Connoisseur

Quote:
Wipe your feet on the mat, leave your prejudices behind and WELCOME to 'Fantasy Lite.' Epic historical fantasy with adult humor and a change of script for every same old same old fantasy door-stopper you’ve ever read. It’s kinda like Terry Pratchett meets Joe Abercrombie, except it’s actually funny. Contains: Dragons, Wizards, Weird Sects and unlikely heroes in their epic quest for Vengeance.
Troubled Times. Volume 2 of the Vengeance trilogy.
Vengeance trilogy volume 3-Dragon Riders-The conclusion.
Unbeknownst to all but a very few the future of the entire world is at risk and all that has gone before will be swept mercilessly aside in favour of an evil regime that the unsuspecting could only dream of in their worst nightmare. Some follow the prophecies, but most follow their own path to enrichment & vengeance, but never enlightenment.
Now available on Kindle :http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004Z89SY2
Authors website and links to all vendors: http://www.rdlecoeur.net/

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 06-15-2011 at 07:23 AM.
Old 06-15-2011, 06:32 AM   #12
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Mmmmmmmmm........................
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy ebooks, rdlecoeur, satire, vengeance