Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-28-2010, 03:26 AM   #1
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
2.5.4 update for K2I's now up on Amazon site

And it works with the hacks on!
Nice work NiLuJe

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200324680

A large file of over 26mbs. Goodness knows what it does though.

Also for US models too.

Last edited by Pushka; 07-28-2010 at 03:35 AM.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 08:32 AM   #2
SubElement
Connoisseur
SubElement began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle International
Thanks! Downloading now, and will update soon!
SubElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2010, 12:23 PM   #3
TomF
Kindle Enthusiast
TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 3G Graphite, Kindle Fire
I manually updated to 2.5.4 last night. After reading other reports of 2.5.6, I turned wireless on and it downloaded 2.5.6.

My wife's Kindle was still on 2.5.3 and I turned on her wireless this morning. After an hour or so it hadn't updated to 2.5.4 so I did her's manually. As soon as it rebooted it downloaded 2.5.6. It appears that 2.5.4 may have to be installed manually before it will update to 2.5.6.
TomF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 01:51 PM   #4
Weaselboy
Weaselboy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomF View Post
I manually updated to 2.5.4 last night. After reading other reports of 2.5.6, I turned wireless on and it downloaded 2.5.6.

My wife's Kindle was still on 2.5.3 and I turned on her wireless this morning. After an hour or so it hadn't updated to 2.5.4 so I did her's manually. As soon as it rebooted it downloaded 2.5.6. It appears that 2.5.4 may have to be installed manually before it will update to 2.5.6.
This was my experience also.
Weaselboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 01:53 PM   #5
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Same here. 2.5.4 manually, and 2.5.6 OTA immediately after rebooting. And then a crapload of Popular Highlights Downloads.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2010, 06:31 PM   #6
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

And the kindle, contrary to previous thoughts, downloads the update when it is awake too.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:00 PM   #7
bear4hunter
Addict
bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle 3 & DX Graphite, PocketBook 302 & Pro 603
I too installed 2.5.4 manually, 2.5.6 came automatically right after that.

But with the update (2.5.6), it looks like Web Browsing is disabled again
At least for Germany at the moment.
Could a downgrade possibly turn it on again?
bear4hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 09:29 PM   #8
Pushka
Wizard

Seems to be working OK in Australia, but sadly I dont think you can downgrade.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:09 PM   #9
Zorz
Zealot
Zorz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2i
This rom feels a bit sluggish compared to 2.5.3
Zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 11:42 AM   #10
meem
A Reader who can think..!
meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi - Kindle DX (B004)
I have Kindle DX 2.5.2,
Should I upgrade to 2.5.4 or other release ? and why ?
What's new in the new version ?

Last edited by meem; 07-31-2010 at 11:44 AM.
meem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 02:43 PM   #11
rapidblue
Connoisseur
rapidblue began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 / Kindle Voyage / Kindle Touch
Same on my K2i - 2.5.4 manual then 2.5.6 OTA - in South Africa
rapidblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 07:27 AM   #12
jglerner
Connoisseur
jglerner doesn't litterjglerner doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3g (US), KT & PaperWhite, Nook ST
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidblue View Post
Same on my K2i - 2.5.4 manual then 2.5.6 OTA - in South Africa

The same here in Brazil. Just after i downloaded 2.5.4 for k2i, all of a sudden, I had OTA 2.5.6 while I was still checking my new(old) upgrade.

2.5.6 and Internet on this side, both in mine and DW Kindles.

jglerner is offline   Reply With Quote